• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
trying to get some sleep
Status (Visible)
my work's homepage always posts interesting articles from different papers... thought you all would like to see this.

Attachments

• 2004226_wsj_docsandpatients.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 316

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
interesting.

The United States is the world's leader in the most advanced Rx, medical knowledge and procedures. But it ranks somewhere last in the healthcare delivery category due to hyperinflation, malpractice issues and uninsured people.

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
I think one of the great ways to achieve a better Doctor-Patient relationship is to codify it into law. Including terms of its creation, rights to privacy and freedom from unnecessary oversight, and the conditions for its termination.

My state has a very vague defintion of what this means. Passing a law to clarify the DP relationship would be time well spent.

This, however, may be difficult with the DOJs recent assault on the D-P relationship. Even if you disagree with abortion, and agree with the government's right to subpoena private records, make sure you understand the DOJs basis for the subpoena: there is no formalized DP relationship and therefore, no inherent right to privacy.

CCW

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.