the doctor-patient relationship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my work's homepage always posts interesting articles from different papers... thought you all would like to see this.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2004226_wsj_docsandpatients.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 364
interesting.

The United States is the world's leader in the most advanced Rx, medical knowledge and procedures. But it ranks somewhere last in the healthcare delivery category due to hyperinflation, malpractice issues and uninsured people.

I think one of the great ways to achieve a better Doctor-Patient relationship is to codify it into law. Including terms of its creation, rights to privacy and freedom from unnecessary oversight, and the conditions for its termination.

My state has a very vague defintion of what this means. Passing a law to clarify the DP relationship would be time well spent.

This, however, may be difficult with the DOJs recent assault on the D-P relationship. Even if you disagree with abortion, and agree with the government's right to subpoena private records, make sure you understand the DOJs basis for the subpoena: there is no formalized DP relationship and therefore, no inherent right to privacy.

CCW