The DREADED GREs ~ When's your registration date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ilovecows

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*WOW* I'm taking them Aug 30. This will be my first time (heh) I registered today. I'm as scared as a bright white bunny rabbit in an empty forest.
When are you guys registering for the first-time GRE takers and the GRE re-takers.

I need support....

Members don't see this ad.

First time, July 24th at 1:30pm. Im not worried about it. I am going to study a couple weeks before. If I dont do as well as I expect, I will just take it again.

the GRE's were my big hurdle when applying -- you will feel so great when they are all done and you can move on to the more meaningful parts of the application. good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am registered to take the general GRE at the end of August as well. I'm not very excited about it! It's hard to find the motivation to take it again as I'm already in a MA program but need a higher score to apply to PhD programs.

I'm right there with you my friend.:)

Hey,

I saw this thread and I realized that I myself should register for it as well! This is gonna be my first GRE as well :)
Mine is on Aug 29th ... I tried to find ones on weekends but found none.

Anyway, good luck to all of you!!!

ilovecows and I found a place where there were 2 spots available. So I'm also writing with her on the 30th of Aug.
*FREAKED OUT*
Also my FIRST-TIME

Took my GRE psych in April. Not happy with results, but it will have to do since I have to study for the GRE General. I am yet to schedule a date for it. Verbal is going to be the toughest.:boom:

I took it in March and didn't do so hot. I'm retaking it later this summer after I get some tutoring.

Will be taking general in August, Subject I am deciding between October and November. I would prefer Nov, but am worried that it wont reach the deadline (anyone with experience with this?)

Already took them in January, but I didn't do too hot - 630Q/530V?! while I got a 6 on the analytical - go figure? So I'm taking them again in late July-early August

Good luck to everyone!:luck:

How is everyone studying for them? Courses? Just sheer hard work? How many hrs are you putting in per wk?

I'm taking the GRE on July 19th. It will be my first time, and I (like most others on this thread) am very nervous! I have been studying for quite awhile, off and on (5 hours a week or so). However, the past month I have bumped up my studying to a minimum of 10 hours a week. If I don't do as well as anticipated when I take the test next month, I plan on taking it again at the end of August. Then it's onto the Psych GRE!

After you write them...mind adding to the GRE tips and tricks thread?

Yes, if I get a decent score, I will definitely write tips and tricks that I know of on here! I just took my first CAT practice test (Powerprep version) and got an 1150 on it- 570 V and 580 Q. I felt ok about it, since my test is a month away, and I'm not even half-way through the math review yet! I also have many more vocab words to learn....I'm hoping I can raise my score 150 in a month- 1300 is my target. ?

Yes, if I get a decent score, I will definitely write tips and tricks that I know of on here! I just took my first CAT practice test (Powerprep version) and got an 1150 on it- 570 V and 580 Q. I felt ok about it, since my test is a month away, and I'm not even half-way through the math review yet! I also have many more vocab words to learn....I'm hoping I can raise my score 150 in a month- 1300 is my target. ?

I think you can!! You WILL ! I am rooting for you.