the dreaded waitlist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPH: Anyone else on StudentDoctor waiting to get off a waitlist? :confused:
Soo here is the issue…I'm on BU's waitlist and I really really want to get off. When do people on the waitlist hear back? and just out of curiosity how many people are waiting to hear back from schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tungsten,

Just for your benefit, I will mention this. This is a site in which peole of various public health degrees (both master's and doctoral levels including MPH, MSH, MSPH, PhD, DSc, etc) visit. People will have a better idea of your thread if your title indicates for which degree you're inquiring about.

Just my two cents,
D.W.

Drink Water,

Sorry about the mistake. It's my first time posting. I updated the inquiry by adding MPH. Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the title of the thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tungsten,

I wish I knew how I could help you change the title of the thread. I guess it's one time thing that once you write it, it stays there forever. Sorry. I wish you a good luck with getting off the waitlist!!!

D.W.

Sorry about the mistake. It's my first time posting. I updated the inquiry by adding MPH. Unfortunately, I don't know how to change the title of the thread.

Don't worry, you didn't make a mistake. It was a good question that could be of interest to anyone applying to any degree program. Best of luck to you!

Hi Tungsten,

I was waitlisted by UCLA on March 1st, and got off at the end of April. I applied to the MPH program, too. You could email BU to ask how's the decision-making is going. BU sends out decisions via snail mail, but they will email you a copy of decision letter upon request.

Drink Water and Espre: Thank you! :)

MandyL,

I was waitlisted by UCLA around the same time as you but they rejected me immediately after :(
I called BU to ask them when they will get to the waitlist but they said they have not even started. I asked them two weeks ago. Maybe I should email them sometime soon?

I was on the waitlist as well but withdrew because I chose a different program. They did tell me to update them with grades/activities to help me get off though. I heard the waitlist isn't ranked so I guess if you wrote a letter or interest or if you have new updates maybe it would help? That's the impression I got when they told me to what I could do, either way...Good luck!

Drink Water and Espre: Thank you! :)

MandyL,

I was waitlisted by UCLA around the same time as you but they rejected me immediately after :(
I called BU to ask them when they will get to the waitlist but they said they have not even started. I asked them two weeks ago. Maybe I should email them sometime soon?

Tungsten,

Actually I was also rejected by UCLA immediately after being waitlisted, but...two months later, I got accepted!!! I don't know if there's a mistake or something.:oops: I told the school this situation, but they didn'e explained what was going on there.

I think you should email them again. Once they've reached a decision, they will let you know via email. Btw, I agree with Mzeep.:)

Mzeep and MandyL,

I sent the letter of intent right after I got the waitlist notice. Hopefully, they will respond with a yes :)

MandyL: I will send them an email today. Then I might be able to get the decision a little earlier in comparison to snail mail.
I hope UCLA had a mistake with my situation too :) (even if it's a rejection at least I will feel a little better that they considered me for sometime)