The dreaded, "what would you bring to our medical school" secondary question

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
How do you go about answering this without sounding liek an arrogant son of a b***h

tomorrowgirl99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
NYC
Status
Medical Student
I think adcoms know that you are trying to sell yourself, so I don't think there should be a fear of sounding like a tool. Just say something about yourself that you think is fairly unique. For instance, I would say I am an engineer that does behavioral research. So I am well versed in blah, blah, blah.

About the Ads

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
The patent rights to my soon to be released cure for cancer.
And enough beer and munchies for everyone on the adcom. :D

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
I'd bring 6 million dollars in donations to the university if accepted, and another 20 million after I graduate. After that, I will fund a research lab for a cure for cancer, and upon success, will market it for a reasonable price and donate another 50 million to the university. All of this, is, of course... funded by the lottery ticket I plan to buy upon acceptance to your school. If I'm that lucky, heck, the lottery should be no sweat.

(impromptu)

Jwax

Just a minor variation
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Compass said:
I'd bring 6 million dollars in donations to the university if accepted, and another 20 million after I graduate. After that, I will fund a research lab for a cure for cancer, and upon success, will market it for a reasonable price and donate another 50 million to the university. All of this, is, of course... funded by the lottery ticket I plan to buy upon acceptance to your school. If I'm that lucky, heck, the lottery should be no sweat.

(impromptu)

:laugh:

I also like the herpes response... that's good :smuggrin:

About the Ads