The dreaded, "what would you bring to our medical school" secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you go about answering this without sounding liek an arrogant son of a b***h

Members don't see this ad.

I think adcoms know that you are trying to sell yourself, so I don't think there should be a fear of sounding like a tool. Just say something about yourself that you think is fairly unique. For instance, I would say I am an engineer that does behavioral research. So I am well versed in blah, blah, blah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd bring 6 million dollars in donations to the university if accepted, and another 20 million after I graduate. After that, I will fund a research lab for a cure for cancer, and upon success, will market it for a reasonable price and donate another 50 million to the university. All of this, is, of course... funded by the lottery ticket I plan to buy upon acceptance to your school. If I'm that lucky, heck, the lottery should be no sweat.

(impromptu)

Compass said:
I'd bring 6 million dollars in donations to the university if accepted, and another 20 million after I graduate. After that, I will fund a research lab for a cure for cancer, and upon success, will market it for a reasonable price and donate another 50 million to the university. All of this, is, of course... funded by the lottery ticket I plan to buy upon acceptance to your school. If I'm that lucky, heck, the lottery should be no sweat.

(impromptu)

:laugh:

I also like the herpes response... that's good :smuggrin: