The Earlier the Interview, The Better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6 to 8 Weeks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools with rolling admissions, would scheduling an interview a little bit later, say 2 weeks (I could have gone 9/28 but chose 10/12) cause any disadvantage?

I did this because it is much easier on my schedule as well as wallet.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Awww...you didn't like what I told you privately???? :( :( :( :(
I see the trust you have!!!
hahaha

scooby, its not that he didn't like your opinion...

he wants to get a second opinion ;) (maybe a better one :D)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry 'bout that Scoobie, it has nothing to do with trust. Your answer was very clear, so now I am just posting to see if someone else has had any experience. I should have just posted it anyways, don't know what got into me.

NO problemo...
I was just giving you a HARD TIME :)

Just playing with ya!
Seems no one else has any opinions on this..but I think it's A-OK!

i have an opinion . . .

doesn't seem to be that big of deal, especially since it saves you some money.

now lets say you rescheduled for a month and a half or two months, then that probably wouldn't be to your advangtage, cause, well, in all likelyhood, at least this is what i imagine, for a lot of applicants a month or two difference in an interview could probably be the difference between a long wait on a list and and outright acceptance.

BUT, one has to note that i am not in med school, many poeple will say different things, which are often contradictory, about this and many topics, and that it is likely different from school to school. anyhow, what is your gut feeling?

A few weeks shouldn't have any effect.

A few months could be a different story, ie if you rescheduled the interview in question for your winter break in December.

For your situation, I would say don't worry about it.