the economist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
isn't this magazine free online or am i missing something? just wanted to read this to see if it helps with verbal. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check your online library reserves for your University. They usually have a subscription.

It will help. If you can't find it at the library, it's worth the $115 or so that they charge per year.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also just go to theeconomist.com and click subscribe, then student subscriptions. Same price as quoted above, they just ask where you go to school and what class you're taking. I just got 3 months for $20. Not bad.

The Economist is the only magazine that I subscribe to, thus I do recommend it as a great source of news, especially if you are inclined to believe in the power of the free market. That said, I think the writings within the Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker could be more helpful depending on what type of passages particularly give you trouble. If you feel your weakness lies in the realm of Social Sciences passages, then the Economist would be great as it is a magazine whose writings almost exclusively fall under the Social Sciences umbrella; however, if you would like to read more essays that fall under the Humanities category then I would recommend the Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker. For more exposure to Natural Sciences, I would recommend the Scientific American and the Science Times section of Tuesday's New York Times. All of these publications are quite popular and you will most likely be able to find them in your local library and/or bookstore.

The Economist is the only magazine that I subscribe to, thus I do recommend it as a great source of news, especially if you are inclined to believe in the power of the free market. That said, I think the writings within the Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker could be more helpful depending on what type of passages particularly give you trouble. If you feel your weakness lies in the realm of Social Sciences passages, then the Economist would be great as it is a magazine whose writings almost exclusively fall under the Social Sciences umbrella; however, if you would like to read more essays that fall under the Humanities category then I would recommend the Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker. For more exposure to Natural Sciences, I would recommend the Scientific American and the Science Times section of Tuesday's New York Times. All of these publications are quite popular and you will most likely be able to find them in your local library and/or bookstore.

Yea, I am mostly having trouble in the social and natural sciences passages (suprisingly). So I will focus on reading economist and scientific american. thanks