The Eleven Unfilled Spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillfocused

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which programs did not fill this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from my former program director that 3 are in the northeast. That's all I can tell you.

Edit, its already mentioned in another thread.

Last edited:
Based off of a list posted elsewhere (And it seems to be accurate). This was the original unfilled list for psych:

UC San Diego Med Ctr-CA Psychiatry Research Track x1 spot

Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT Combined Adult/Child Psych x1 spot

Howard Univ Hosp-DC Psychiatry x2 spots

Tulane Univ SOM-LA Psychiatry x1 spot

Michigan St Univ-East Lansing Psychiatry x1 spot

University Hospitals Case Med Ctr-OH Psychiatry x1 spot

Univ of Puerto Rico Psychiatry x 4 spots

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though the Yale and MSU spots were listed, when I contacted the programs they told me the spots actually weren't available and they weren't looking for anyone new. It is very discouraging when there are so few spots to even try for, and then some of the few spots aren't even real. :(

University Hospitals Case Med Ctr-OH Psychiatry x1 spot

Is this in Cleveland? I'm surprised! That place is nice, it would have been my number 1 choice if it had not been for personal reasons.

Is this in Cleveland? I'm surprised! That place is nice, it would have been my number 1 choice if it had not been for personal reasons.

This is very surprising to me as well, I ranked them #3 on my list. Awesome program, world renowned staff, BRAND SPANKING NEW psychiatry floors...

Was this actually an open spot?

This is very surprising to me as well, I ranked them #3 on my list. Awesome program, world renowned staff, BRAND SPANKING NEW psychiatry floors...

Was this actually an open spot?

Look at the bright side...you now know your match did not go below number 3 on your list:)

If they have more than 1 spot, I'm not sure how your comment makes sense........

So long as they ranked you, then you would have matched there or at one of your two higher ranks. If they have an open slot, the only way you could've slid past your third rank would be if they didn't put you on their rank list at all.

So long as they ranked you, then you would have matched there or at one of your two higher ranks. If they have an open slot, the only way you could've slid past your third rank would be if they didn't put you on their rank list at all.

You are right.....nevermind......I had the numbers mixed up in my head. I blame it on Internal Medicine.....this rotation is out to get me.