The enormity of this result is finally beginning to sink in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my housemate who matched into Internal.

Her: (eyes widening) "You mean you guys don't have to do an internship year?"
Me: "No more sleeping in the hospital, babeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Members don't see this ad.

These numbskulls are numbskulls precisely because they fail to realize that the honour of carrying a code pager rapidly gets old.

No more writing up DDx and issues and plans at 4am!
No more pre-rounding, rounding and running the list!

*weeps with joy*

I am deeply demotivated from my Step 2 and Surgery studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
These numbskulls are numbskulls precisely because they fail to realize that the honour of carrying a code pager rapidly gets old.

No more writing up DDx and issues and plans at 4am!
No more pre-rounding, rounding and running the list!

*weeps with joy*

I am deeply demotivated from my Step 2 and Surgery studying.
Congratulations! :)

The single biggest difference between internal medicine and pathology?
(From a seasoned resident...)

COFFEE! (every morning without fail or rounding!)

Good luck everyone!

Mindy

deschutes said:
I was talking to my housemate who matched into Internal.

Her: (eyes widening) "You mean you guys don't have to do an internship year?"
Me: "No more sleeping in the hospital, babeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"
Yeah, word has suddenly spread like wildfire among my class that the path people don't have to do an internship. Responses have ranged from "**** you, you lucky bastards" to "Humph, all real doctors should have to do an internship." Clearly path is the hidden gem among all medical specialties!

cytoborg said:
Yeah, word has suddenly spread like wildfire among my class that the path people don't have to do an internship. Responses have ranged from "**** you, you lucky bastards" to "Humph, all real doctors should have to do an internship." Clearly path is the hidden gem among all medical specialties!
Man, I remember on our surgery clerkship, I would be advertising the fact that pathologists didn't have to do that damn intern year. Me and a few folks who had already committed to pathology would usually sit as a group in lecture. All of a sudden, one of us would just randomly blurt out, "No intern year." That was a sign for us to raise our hands and give each other high fives. We got strange looks from everyone else. A few people even thought about switching to pathology. Of course, they wussed out and ended up going into clinical fields :laugh:

NO INTERN YEAR! WOOHOO!

DrMom said:
certainly an acceptable alternative, but with the incessant rounding and note writing, I prefer eternal medicine.
either way, it's a world of eternal hellfire and brimstone :D

Now we have to sit through this BS preparing-us-for-internship course.

Instructor: What do you do if your patient spikes a fever at 2 am?
Path people: Call the intern! :smuggrin:

Mindy said:
The single biggest difference between internal medicine and pathology?
(From a seasoned resident...)

COFFEE! (every morning without fail or rounding!)
Amen to that! I never had the time to get coffee during M3 and M4 year cuz I would get to the hospital just in the nick of time to do stupid crap like prerounding and rounding.

Now, I'm back to being addicted to the wonderful aroma, taste, and caffeination associated with coffee. Coffee is da bomb!

cytoborg said:
Oh, how I love the "not a real doctor" game. I didn't figure that physicians got it too. Now I know! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
Oh, how I love the "not a real doctor" game. I didn't figure that physicians got it too. Now I know! :laugh:
I was at a clinic today with a pediatric dentist and she told me how she thought path sounded so boring. I almost responded "well, it can't compare to picking at teeth, of course" but I held my tongue.

geddy said:
I was at a clinic today with a pediatric dentist and she told me how she thought path sounded so boring. I almost responded "well, it can't compare to picking at teeth, of course" but I held my tongue.
You're just jealous that you can't hire a bunch of hot dental hygenists and stare at their asses all day. :rolleyes: :laugh:

geddy said:
Damn! You should have said that! I hate it when people disparage other people's fields right to their faces.

I appreciated it when a classmate said the other day, "Wow, path sounds like such a facinating field....and you have to be sooooo smart!" :thumbup:

cytoborg said:
Damn! You should have said that! I hate it when people disparage other people's fields right to their faces.

I appreciated it when a classmate said the other day, "Wow, path sounds like such a facinating field....and you have to be sooooo smart!" :thumbup:
I've heard that quite a lot actually, wheels. It seems like the intellect of pathologist is well respected...or they're just being nice to us in our face and talking **** about us behind our backs.

bananaface said:
You're just jealous that you can't hire a bunch of hot dental hygenists and stare at their asses all day. :rolleyes: :laugh:
Who says I can't? :D

bananaface said:
Does your cat have a litter box? Do you clean it yourself? If so, your cat so pwns you. And, that's so not first class.

I don't have a cat.

I like dental hygenists, for the most part. :)

geddy said:
Who says I can't? :D
What good are they going to do you in the path lab? You'll just get fat off all that eye candy.

yaah said:
I don't have a cat.

I like dental hygenists, for the most part. :)
I thought you said the other day your cat's breath smelled like cat food. I have a very odd way of remembering everything trivial on the first read. I wish I could do that with non-trivial items. Actually, what I need is for my classes not to be back to back so that I can pretend they are seminars.

You're right, I did say that. But I was just quoting Ralph Wiggum because I think someone else had quoted Ralph Wiggum beforehand, or whatever. And my parents have a cat, so I used to.

bananaface said:
What good are they going to do you in the path lab? You'll just get fat off all that eye candy.
Pathlab?? Are you nuts? I just want to pay them to prance around on demand, so I can look at their asses!

bananaface said:
You should get a cat. It could sit on your face.

Not could, would. That's what mine do when I'm sleeping. I'm not a happy camper when I wake up and discover it!

stormjen said:
Not could, would. That's what mine do when I'm sleeping. I'm not a happy camper when I wake up and discover it!
hehe...you think that's bad. i remember that one time i woke up to my mischievous pomeranian farting right in my face!

bananaface said:
So, this would be like a moonlighting stripping position for them?
Hey, they can clean my teeth too, if that will make it better.