The feeling after a Organic Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im taking my second organic test of the year, and instead of thinking about SN1 or SN2, im thinking man if i screw this up, and get a C overall in this class, it aint goin to look good on my record (i already have a C in another class :mad: ) I dunno, it just is so discouraging, but oh well, im not goin to whine, thats life. Does anyone else get that feeling especially during a damn organic test, like you are like why am i putting myself through hell?

Members don't see this ad.

I loved taking Orgo tests.. Orgo 1 and 2 are by far my favorite classes in college.. But I'm a Chem major, so I'm prolly somewhat biased.

LOL, although I loved organic, I know how you feel. Don't worry, this feeling will subside with the many tests you will be taking. And if you think Orgo tests are horrible, wait till you do Biochem.

My suggestion to you is to find something about orgo that you love. and make that the reason for you to study. I loved how to draw little electrons and the little arrows in the reactions were so cute. And biochem got even better as I learned how the little molecules in Orgo made this one big gigantic molecule that is actually IN OUR BODIES! It was all simply awesome. Don't think of Organic as any other subject. You are learning something that comes closer and closer to real, actual medicine that you will be practising someday.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah, yes, I remember Orgo well.. I got a C in the first semester and left the semester with tremendous test anxiety, then ended up liking 2nd semester (some biochem was taught in that class) and getting a B. I would say that Anatomy practicals and today's scary Pharm exam brought back some of the old anxiety from O Chem, yet I have to say that I have enjoyed both classes very much and passed Anatomy (hopefully will pass Pharm too!) and think Pharm is the most clinically important science class I've taken thus far. I find Organic and Biochem to be moderately, but not extremely, useful in Pharmacology.. good luck in any case. BTW, I had <30 MCAT, not a single A in any chem or biochem class, didn't go to an Ivy League school for undergrad, and I had 2 acceptances and am now a second year med student, so you should be fine!:)

wow Katie. I had no idea....you give me so much hope!! God bless you. You have no idea how much I needed to hear this, since I have ZERO interviews as of yet. And it's already Nov. :(

CAN Please empty your message box? I am trying to send you a PM.

Thank ou

Yes yes yes, organic chemistry. I am taking organic chemistry I right now and I have test 3 on Thursday. I can tell you that organic chemistry is different from all the other classes I took in the past. I am I never studied like this before (I am studying almost 36hr> for this organic test). I am just looking for a B or better in this class. Well let me go hit the books. Good luck whoever taking organic chemistry right now

Oh yeah and pbehzad, my test on thursday is also going to be on SN1 vs SN2, E1 vs E2 reaction. great:rolleyes:

I just had an organic test a little over a week ago that covered SN1, SN2, E1, and E2. I LOVE learning about that stuff, but I do understand how you could feel overwhelmed by it. There are just so many different reaction types to remember...

There are basically four reactions in all of organic chem. They just wear different dresses depending on the dance they're going to.

Originally posted by dpw68
Where did you get accepted?

I'm guessing Tufts is one of them, since that's in her sig. ;)

I have orgo test #2 next Monday! I have been studying my arse off and will continue too..I really need a good grade in this class to pull up that yucky one in physics.

Gone to study..:cool:

I took a organic chemistry this past thursday and haven't gotten my results back. I am feeling pretty worried. :(

Our first orgo test was scheduled for 1 hour and not a one of us left before 3 hours!!! (no one had classes after orgo and the prof didn't kick us out) OUCH! The second one wasn't much better at 2 hours .....and the final? It took all of 3.5 hours to finish. We were so wiped out after orgo tests that I was even worried about driving home safely! That said, however, I REALLY enjoyed organic chem. It just makes sooooooo much sense once you learn the "why's" of reactions. I understand what you are saying though, because currently I'm taking advanced organic and it is quite a different experience than my undergrad organic. On our last test the highest score was 86%! I think the prof. makes all the difference.

Chemguync do you go to school at UNCC? Tha'ts wher I am at for right now.

you guys are right,

orgo is tough stuff... but the way i did well (A and A+!) was to not think about your other classes or other grades or how a C in this will look bad here or there...

whatever, with orgo throw it all out the window. Bcos if you think about all of that, you'll really go down on an exam and then you'll start worrying about that...

it's an endless chain, the point is, take it 1 step at a time!

Hey!
I know, I have my Org Chem test #2 on tuesday...and I am really stressed about it. My face just broke out in pimples a few weeks ago...and they are not going away...too much to handle. I just transfered to a new school, and I'm working, and my boyfriend move, and my face just broke out in pimples...guess I already mentioned that...

Yeah...I feel your pain...I haven't been studying as much as I should have...but I have another test tomorrow, so I take it as it comes...whatever...

Good luck!
Peace!

I have found that it's all about studying in advance. If you put effort into o-chem, it should pay off.

I know exactly whatyou mean..I just took my orgo exam #2 last night and I definitely know I didn't do well at all....I am also taking it with Physics--stuggling and along with family issues, I am struggling at all ends..I am just trying to get through this semester but I feel that my chances are blown now for any school acceptances