The Gold Standard: MCAT......any good???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kapil_MD

tall,dark and handsome ;)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bought this book, 2006 edition as it got good reviews.

Do any of you use it? Is it any good?
Everyone keeps praising exam krackers, so I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying this.

Members don't see this ad.

I've used/borrowed some of their materials from one of my friends... the reviews are mixed, I'd say they were "ok" in my prep study.

I recommend Examkrackers too, their books are pretty clear-cut and they have mounds practice material. It's been a boon so far in my preparation.

Good luck! :luck:

I've used/borrowed some of their materials from one of my friends... the reviews are mixed, I'd say they were "ok" in my prep study.

I recommend Examkrackers too, their books are pretty clear-cut and they have mounds practice material. It's been a boon so far in my preparation.

Good luck! :luck:

sigh..:(

So now I have to spend another 100 or so on exam crackers...great.

ahhh, I'm sorry.. :( Believe me I know what it is like spending a lot of money on prep materials. I have a stack (more like a mountain) of Examkrackers, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books at home.

Try ebay or Amazon sometimes sells used editions for really low prices. If you know anyone who can burn you copies of the Examkrackers Audio Osmosis that'll save you tons of money too (that's what I did).

But again, regardless of what prep system you choose, it is mostly dependent on your strive and hard work. Examkrackers is just really good for their practice material (some may argue it isn't that great, but again it's up to the person), so you could pick up the practice books (especially Verbal).

I find that books explaining concepts really don't differ too much from each other, other than the examples they use to illustrate a particular concept.

Good luck! :luck: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhh, I'm sorry.. :( Believe me I know what it is like spending a lot of money on prep materials. I have a stack (more like a mountain) of Examkrackers, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books at home.

Try ebay or Amazon sometimes sells used editions for really low prices. If you know anyone who can burn you copies of the Examkrackers Audio Osmosis that'll save you tons of money too (that's what I did).

But again, regardless of what prep system you choose, it is mostly dependent on your strive and hard work. Examkrackers is just really good for their practice material (some may argue it isn't that great, but again it's up to the person), so you could pick up the practice books (especially Verbal).

I find that books explaining concepts really don't differ too much from each other, other than the examples they use to illustrate a particular concept.

Good luck! :luck: :)

yeah I'm not sure if I'll buy the exam cracker set yet, but I will buy the practice books for sure.

thanks for your help.

My college library stock the GS, so I used it somewhat in my prep last summer.

The full lengths for the GS are good, and the review pages explains some concepts that were poorly covered in examkrackers. Not a bad review book, imo, but it should not be your primary review text.

My college library stock the GS, so I used it somewhat in my prep last summer.

The full lengths for the GS are good, and the review pages explains some concepts that were poorly covered in examkrackers. Not a bad review book, imo, but it should not be your primary review text.

What should be my primary review text??