1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

The good news is that you're SMAAAAHT. The bad news. . .

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dragonfly9, Jun 10, 2002.

1. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

So. Yeah. The DAT. I am very happy with my academic scores. . .the problem was my PAT.

I ran out of time on the PAT section! I guess I was a bit more tired, distracted and nervous than I was taking the practice tests. So, chances are, I will be taking the test again in Sept. I will do a lot of timed PAT practice and hopefully I will kick ass on the academic portions again. Sigh. One step closer. Friends and parents are supportive although making jabs at my perceptual abilities. . .

Thanks for all the support, guys!

Now, I think I will head from work to home, if my depth perception allows. . .

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. deciduous

deciduous ready to shed
    7+ Year Member

Keep Truckin' :)

4. DMD DOC

DMD DOC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Alot of schools do not put a huge emphasis on the PAT score, as long as you got a 13 or above most schools don't care. I know for a fact Univ of Iowa, Nova, and Temple do not use the score very heavily.

Most schools only care about the Academic score, unless you are applying to Harvard, Columbia or other highly competitive schools I would not take it again if the rest of your scores are 19+.

-DMD DOC

5. StarGirl

StarGirl .....
    10+ Year Member

ah don't worry.... i got a 17 in reading and i got into columbia...figure that one out....
    and i heard from many schools reading is the most important section in determining if you'll succeed in dental school...sigh i guess i won't...

6. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stargirl... you're crazy! You'll do fine! We'll have a blast at Columbia!

And, as for PAT, I got a 16 in PAT, and I still got into Columbia. Go figure!

Bucky

7. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stargirl... you're crazy! You'll do fine! We'll have a blast at Columbia!

And, as for PAT, I got a 16 in PAT, and I still got into Columbia. Go figure!

Bucky

8. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had a 15 in the carving and 16 in the PAT and got in to multiple schools in the US.

9. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

hey dragonfly, don't worry, besides sept is still early...i'll be taking it in august, so looks like we'll both be studying this summer :rolleyes: ...lets keep in touch :)

10. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

Hmmm. . .I guess maybe its not all that bad. Yes, all my academic scores (except for OChem) were 19 or above. I was very please with that result and very proud of myself. There were definitely times when I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. Had the rest of the scores been as poor as my PAT, I would have had to do some soul searching and figure out if I am cut out for this. Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!