Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

The good old what are my chances thread

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by bigss75, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bigss75

Pre-Podiatry
    Hi Ive been a long time lurker and was just wondering everyone's opinion on my stats. I have 3.0 gpa, 3.1 science gpa however I got a D/F in gen chem 2/ochem 1 which I repeated and got As, I also received a C in physics 1 all the other prereqs were As & Bs. My MCAT score is 27 and have good leadership/shadowing/community service activities.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest

Podiatry Student
    Well my long time stalking friend, I think that you've got a great chance. Your MCAT proves that you have the ability to succeed. What is key, and this is where you need to concentrate is on your interview. A good interviewer will want an explanation for the poor initial grades, especially since you proved your ability on the MCAT.

To throw my opinion on when you should apply, I would wait until September and the next cycle. Your MCAT and GPA will be good enough to get you a scholarship and you can choose you school. Also, if you are still interested in a DO program you can apply in July and know if you are DPM bound by September.

4. bigss75

Pre-Podiatry
    Yeah I was waiting untill the next cycle, so I'll have some more upper division science classes. Now I need to find an explanation for being completely lazy and immature my first two years.

5. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest

Podiatry Student
    I think that your honest answer is the best answer. You'd be suprised how wild and crazy some the faculty were back in the day. Tell them you grew up and they will believe you more than some BS you can pull out of your you know where.

6. funfeet

funfeet Member

Podiatry Student
    Thats funny. I did pretty poor my first year. I was enjoying the "college life". I was honest at my interview and explained some things. My interviewer went to my undergrad, and wow. He has more interesting stories than I have!