The Grand Finale - My recap of the last 4 years.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DennisReynolds

Reaction score
You know what it was when you opened this thread. I had warned you and all of your fellow SDNers that once I match and once I feel secure enough to talk my trash and spill the tea about medical school, the medical students I have come across, and my journey to this point, that this thread would be made. I know what you’re thinking… “Great…. Here we go again… Dennis is going to just go off on a cursing frenzy and do one-liners like he used to and just be absolutely vulgur and hopefully the mods will remove his account.” But you gotta understand one thing… that’s right… I’m talking to you… the cutie pie who is reading this with a smile on your face… people can change… and sometimes they change for the better. Now let’s get started.

First off, THANK GOD. THANK JESUS. THANK ALLAH. THANK BUDDHA. And if you don’t believe in any of those, THANK TOM CRUISE. I have matched.

SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE thought I have the chops to become a resident and a PHYSICIAN.

I am SO thankful I am SO grateful. I did fall down my list a couple spots, and didn’t match at my home program here in an “underserved” area which has trouble retaining physicians. I’M FROM THE AREA but still was done super dirty by the program directors who maybe figured I belong elsewhere. After drinking some nice champagne and consuming the finest cannabis that I had been saving for a special occasion, I am basking in the possibility of starting over at a new place, with new people and new experiences. My program I matched to will also be starting a few new fellowships that I am very interested in. So things are looking up.

Will half of my paycheck be going to living costs? Of course. But oh well. The ocean views that I will briefly get to see as I go into the hospital at 5:00 AM on inpatient months will be worth it.

Now… let’s get down to what you are here for.

What are some things I’ve learned and what are some gems I can drop for you cutie pies reading this?

Let’s get to it.

First off. Medical students (an overwhelming majority.. NOT EVERY... BUT MANY… ESPECIALLY in MY CLASS) are SOME OF THE MOST GRIMEY, SOME OF THE MOST SLIMEY, SOME OF THE MOST SNAKEISH jerks there are. However, you know the solution to this? AVOID THEM. AVOID THE JERKS IN YOUR CLASS. Avoid the meanies that have nothing but negative things to say. Avoid the people who ALWAYS have to be right and prove their point to feed their egos and feed their low self-esteem. I realized that many of these students absolutely LOVE to see you struggle. They LOVE to see other students feel inferior and “dumb”. How did I deal with them? Be NICE. I swear. BE the SWEETEST, KINDEST, GOODY TWO SHOES you can. Give nothing but constructive comments to everybody (no matter how fake it may seem). Always make sure you let them know how SMART and how GRATEFUL you personally are for THEIR knowledge. I swear it works every time.

Eventually, this positivity will start to attract others in the class who were scared or hesitant just due to the environment. Your reputation will get around. I got to know classmates who were collegiate athletes, who were professors in different renowned universities, who were farmers, and some that were in other health professions who shared the same view about life and respect that I did.

Avoid the kiddos whose mommy and daddy were doctors and went to private universities and whose definition of failure was getting a B in class or God Forbid got the wrong color on their Mercedes Benz that was gifted for their birthday. The entitlement that I witnessed in school amongst future doctors was absolutely off-putting and made me not want to mess with my class AT ALL. But the real ones always came out of the woodwork and we stuck together.

The point is…. GIVE RESPECT no matter where you are and no matter who it is. Always have a smile on your face. Say “thank you”, say “good morning”. Tell people that they will do great things! But also… learn when to shut up. Learn how to read a room and address people’s energy in a respective way. This is something you can’t just read in a book.

I learned this by being fortunate enough to have friends and family that experienced life in different situations. I’ve physically gone to pick up family and friends from jail to bail them out. I’ve been in rooms with people who were on house arrest, tattoos on the neck and faces, that weren’t supposed to be there, facing felonies and doing things with certain substances that they shouldn’t be messing with having conversations about life, health, family, and talking about street topics that I have no business knowing. I’ve also been in rooms with people who are educated and career driven at the top of their field in different areas such as business, real estate, teaching, medicine, etc. and would be able to hold a conversation about something relative to their field and come out knowing something I didn’t. This is what life is about. It’s about being able to walk amongst people in many different situations while being able to be yourself and have open eyes and open ears. Don’t focus on the messenger, focus on the message.

When it comes to my medical school and the admin…you have to understand one thing. Keep the school AT A DISTANCE. As long as they get their tuition, your job is to use what they give you to get to the next level. You will use their connections and their contracts with hospitals and lecture material to learn what you need to learn. TALK TO YOUR PRECEPTOR first. Talk to your resident first. DON’T LET THE SCHOOL KNOW ANYTHING and deal with this directly with your preceptor or team. You can make up the hours when and if you need to later. There is no reward for being honest to your school. They are a business. I learned this lesson the hard way when my preceptor legitimately TOLD ME “Don’t worry about telling your school about taking this Friday off… you need to study for your shelf and I will only be here for couple hours in the morning”. I made the stupid mistake of letting my school know I will be missing the day on my preceptor’s recommendations and guess who got to do 3 journal reviews and type up a paper on meningitis? Lessons learned the hard way.

I’ma leave it off there for now. I got a nice little dinner date with taco bell but I guess I’m here to answer any questions if you guys have any. I'm down to answer any questions as I best see fit about matching and rotations and all that jazz.

But let's just say I'M SO GLAD TO BE DONE. UGHHH.

TLDR:
  • People, especially entitled and bratty med students, can be mean. Don’t be mean. Be kind. It matters a lot more than you think.
  • The school is a business. They are invested in your success as much as you are. They won’t go out of their way to help you and you shouldn’t expect it. Keep it a business and professional relationship. Do your time. Don’t raise any eyebrows. Keep it moving.
  • I'm here to answer any questions about stuff the best way I can. Let's talk about life, let's talk about stress, let's talk about love, food, etc. I'm here for you guys.
  • WASH UR HANDS YOU DIRTBAGS.

***also, I wanted to shoutout a few special people that helped me on my journey that I was able to meet via SDN.

This includes @Ibn Alnafis MD @Goro and the infamous @MedPR (he's been gone from this site for a while but shoutout to the OG.)

I have many more folks to thank but my account has been disabled so many times that I've lost track of those folks who deserve a genuine thank you.

Also... I still have a huge crush on one of the moderators who is a cougar and a surgeon. So if you're reading this... I'm shooting my shot. ;) ***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
You know what it was when you opened this thread. I had warned you and all of your fellow SDNers that once I match and once I feel secure enough to talk my trash and spill the tea about medical school, the medical students I have come across, and my journey to this point, that this thread would be made. I know what you’re thinking… “Great…. Here we go again… Dennis is going to just go off on a cursing frenzy and do one-liners like he used to and just be absolutely vulgur and hopefully the mods will remove his account.” But you gotta understand one thing… that’s right… I’m talking to you… the cutie pie who is reading this with a smile on your face… people can change… and sometimes they change for the better. Now let’s get started.

First off, THANK GOD. THANK JESUS. THANK ALLAH. THANK BUDDHA. And if you don’t believe in any of those, THANK TOM CRUISE. I have matched.

SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE thought I have the chops to become a resident and a PHYSICIAN.

I am SO thankful I am SO grateful. I did fall down my list a couple spots, and didn’t match at my home program here in an “underserved” area which has trouble retaining physicians. I’M FROM THE AREA but still was done super dirty by the program directors who maybe figured I belong elsewhere. After drinking some nice champagne and consuming the finest cannabis that I had been saving for a special occasion, I am basking in the possibility of starting over at a new place, with new people and new experiences. My program I matched to will also be starting a few new fellowships that I am very interested in. So things are looking up.

Will half of my paycheck be going to living costs? Of course. But oh well. The ocean views that I will briefly get to see as I go into the hospital at 5:00 AM on inpatient months will be worth it.

Now… let’s get down to what you are here for.

What are some things I’ve learned and what are some gems I can drop for you cutie pies reading this?

Let’s get to it.

First off. Medical students (an overwhelming majority.. NOT EVERY... BUT MANY… ESPECIALLY in MY CLASS) are SOME OF THE MOST GRIMEY, SOME OF THE MOST SLIMEY, SOME OF THE MOST SNAKEISH jerks there are. However, you know the solution to this? AVOID THEM. AVOID THE JERKS IN YOUR CLASS. Avoid the meanies that have nothing but negative things to say. Avoid the people who ALWAYS have to be right and prove their point to feed their egos and feed their low self-esteem. I realized that many of these students absolutely LOVE to see you struggle. They LOVE to see other students feel inferior and “dumb”. How did I deal with them? Be NICE. I swear. BE the SWEETEST, KINDEST, GOODY TWO SHOES you can. Give nothing but constructive comments to everybody (no matter how fake it may seem). Always make sure you let them know how SMART and how GRATEFUL you personally are for THEIR knowledge. I swear it works every time.

Eventually, this positivity will start to attract others in the class who were scared or hesitant just due to the environment. Your reputation will get around. I got to know classmates who were collegiate athletes, who were professors in different renowned universities, who were farmers, and some that were in other health professions who shared the same view about life and respect that I did.

Avoid the kiddos whose mommy and daddy were doctors and went to private universities and whose definition of failure was getting a B in class or God Forbid got the wrong color on their Mercedes Benz that was gifted for their birthday. The entitlement that I witnessed in school amongst future doctors was absolutely off-putting and made me not want to mess with my class AT ALL. But the real ones always came out of the woodwork and we stuck together.

The point is…. GIVE RESPECT no matter where you are and no matter who it is. Always have a smile on your face. Say “thank you”, say “good morning”. Tell people that they will do great things! But also… learn when to shut up. Learn how to read a room and address people’s energy in a respective way. This is something you can’t just read in a book.

I learned this by being fortunate enough to have friends and family that experienced life in different situations. I’ve physically gone to pick up family and friends from jail to bail them out. I’ve been in rooms with people who were on house arrest, tattoos on the neck and faces, that weren’t supposed to be there, facing felonies and doing things with certain substances that they shouldn’t be messing with having conversations about life, health, family, and talking about street topics that I have no business knowing. I’ve also been in rooms with people who are educated and career driven at the top of their field in different areas such as business, real estate, teaching, medicine, etc. and would be able to hold a conversation about something relative to their field and come out knowing something I didn’t. This is what life is about. It’s about being able to walk amongst people in many different situations while being able to be yourself and have open eyes and open ears. Don’t focus on the messenger, focus on the message.

When it comes to my medical school and the admin…you have to understand one thing. Keep the school AT A DISTANCE. As long as they get their tuition, your job is to use what they give you to get to the next level. You will use their connections and their contracts with hospitals and lecture material to learn what you need to learn. TALK TO YOUR PRECEPTOR first. Talk to your resident first. DON’T LET THE SCHOOL KNOW ANYTHING and deal with this directly with your preceptor or team. You can make up the hours when and if you need to later. There is no reward for being honest to your school. They are a business. I learned this lesson the hard way when my preceptor legitimately TOLD ME “Don’t worry about telling your school about taking this Friday off… you need to study for your shelf and I will only be here for couple hours in the morning”. I made the stupid mistake of letting my school know I will be missing the day on my preceptor’s recommendations and guess who got to do 3 journal reviews and type up a paper on meningitis? Lessons learned the hard way.

I’ma leave it off there for now. I got a nice little dinner date with taco bell but I guess I’m here to answer any questions if you guys have any. I'm down to answer any questions as I best see fit about matching and rotations and all that jazz.

But let's just say I'M SO GLAD TO BE DONE. UGHHH.

TLDR:
  • People, especially entitled and bratty med students, can be mean. Don’t be mean. Be kind. It matters a lot more than you think.
  • The school is a business. They are invested in your success as much as you are. They won’t go out of their way to help you and you shouldn’t expect it. Keep it a business and professional relationship. Do your time. Don’t raise any eyebrows. Keep it moving.
  • I'm here to answer any questions about stuff the best way I can. Let's talk about life, let's talk about stress, let's talk about love, food, etc. I'm here for you guys.
  • WASH UR HANDS YOU DIRTBAGS.

Bro, I'm pretty sure that I have seen you somewhere on the West Coast. LOL

Disclosure: I also moved down a few slots on my rank list. But did celebrate as well with some champagne, cannabis, and sexy time.

Peace.

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
You're a 5 star man!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome and congratulations!!, but far less trashing that I initially expected ;)

• Haha
Proud of you man. Thanks for keeping it real on SDN. Honestly get more joy out of some of the SDN regulars here than 95% of my classmates from school. So happy for you.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Man.

Taco Bell would hit the spot rn actually

• Haha
  • Love
Gray's man.

I am a bit curious, when do medical students get "slimy"?

I am an M2 now, mostly everyone at least seems willing to help out (though there are definitely some people with unpleasant egos in my class). Does third year being out something worse? I don't know. I feel like I have a good sense of who to watch but did people's behavior surprise you going into rotations?

Reactions: 1 user
Gray's man.

I am an M2 now, mostly everyone at least seems willing to help out (though there are definitely some people with unpleasant egos in my class). Does third year being out something worse? I don't know. I feel like I have a good sense of who to watch but did people's behavior surprise you going into rotations?

This was just MY experience at my school. Dedicated study time for boards was when I realized that I'm not cut from the same cloth like many of the snakes in my class. You will find out the true character of these people when poop hits the fan. Once you see how they react to stress, you will be shocked... atleast I was. Lost a lot of respect for people in my cohort after dedicated time.

During rotations, you will see how much some students go to try to paint a picture that they are confident and know everything when they really don't. I was never the type to pretend like I knew something. If I was ever called on, I'd make a legit guess and explain my reasoning... and if it was wrong, I'd state "I'm not sure but I will look it up. Or if you recommend any articles to read that will help with that, I'd be really appreciative of any suggestions." Most of the time, the attending or resident would teach me and I'd take note of it.

Even when I KNEW the answer, I'd just stay quiet... because it's a teaching moment and I'm sure the resident and attending wants to EXPLAIN the concept. Like I said... just read the room. Don't try to single yourself out. Nobody likes a know-it-all... especially when they try to rub it others' faces.

Also, just be KIND. If there's a new student on the service, go talk to them and help them with the EMR, help them with finding their way around the hospital, sit with them at lunch and talk about anything BESIDES medicine. Talk about life and their family and stuff like that. Be a HUMAN BEING. Don't talk about boards and bull****. You'd be surprised how many of us just don't get that aspect.

I just realized that med students are so concerned with what others got going on that they forget to focus on their own ****.

If you're hungry, then focus on what's on YOUR plate. Watching me eat isn't going to satisfy your hunger. Does that make sense?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
This was just MY experience at my school. Dedicated study time for boards was when I realized that I'm not cut from the same cloth like many of the snakes in my class. You will find out the true character of these people when poop hits the fan. Once you see how they react to stress, you will be shocked... atleast I was. Lost a lot of respect for people in my cohort after dedicated time.

During rotations, you will see how much some students go to try to paint a picture that they are confident and know everything when they really don't. I was never the type to pretend like I knew something. If I was ever called on, I'd make a legit guess and explain my reasoning... and if it was wrong, I'd state "I'm not sure but I will look it up. Or if you recommend any articles to read that will help with that, I'd be really appreciative of any suggestions." Most of the time, the attending or resident would teach me and I'd take note of it.

Even when I KNEW the answer, I'd just stay quiet... because it's a teaching moment and I'm sure the resident and attending wants to EXPLAIN the concept. Like I said... just read the room. Don't try to single yourself out. Nobody likes a know-it-all... especially when they try to rub it others' faces.

Also, just be KIND. If there's a new student on the service, go talk to them and help them with the EMR, help them with finding their way around the hospital, sit with them at lunch and talk about anything BESIDES medicine. Talk about life and their family and stuff like that. Be a HUMAN BEING. Don't talk about boards and bull****. You'd be surprised how many of us just don't get that aspect.

I just realized that med students are so concerned with what others got going on that they forget to focus on their own ****.

If you're hungry, then focus on what's on YOUR plate. Watching me eat isn't going to satisfy your hunger. Does that make sense?

That, sir, is a textbook definition of a "Human being" :))

Congrats man! I also appreciate the shout-out to MedPR. SDN changed a bit the day he was banned. Dude would literally post within seconds of a new thread forming. Plus no one I know accumulated the type of post count he had so, I'll say, "efficiently".

For everyone out there, what's in this post above really cannot be overstated. Too many students are tone deaf and too many students don't realize we're in this together. Help those around you.

• Love

Now this is definitely high yield.

Gray's man.

People being crappy isn't inevitable. You may just have a chill/cool class that helps each other out. If that changes with the stress of dedicated, oh well. Until then be cautiously optimistic and assume the best in your classmates until they prove you wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Expected more savagery. 10/10 agree on the classmates thing. My favorites are the ones who can't resist kissing even the OMM fellows' butts, as if that will have any real impact lol. Or the ones who circulate the classroom before every exam asking everyone what they did to study just so that they can launch into a 5 minute rant about all the resources they used and blah blah blah

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Expected more savagery. 10/10 agree on the classmates thing. My favorites are the ones who can't resist kissing even the OMM fellows' butts, as if that will have any real impact lol. Or the ones who circulate the classroom before every exam asking everyone what they did to study just so that they can launch into a 5 minute rant about all the resources they used and blah blah blah

The ones that kiss ass are the absolute worst. They will be the ones who nominate each other for awards earned without any merit what so ever e.g GHHS. Luckily tho if you keep your head down, rock boards, you’ll have the last laugh (in a classy way) come match day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I actually think we have a pretty good class overall, definitely less malignant personalities than I expected for the class size. But my favorites would definitely have to include...

People who previously scribed before med school and insist on using acronyms during group discussions that no one else (not even the doctors) knows. Gotta remind us all that they were a scribe for 6 months and practically functioned at an intern level.

People who will quietly ask you what you think the curve will be when they bomb a test, but when they do well and other people struggled, have to tell everyone that the test 'wasn't that bad'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I actually think we have a pretty good class overall, definitely less malignant personalities than I expected for the class size. But my favorites would definitely have to include...

People who previously scribed before med school and insist on using acronyms during group discussions that no one else (not even the doctors) knows. Gotta remind us all that they were a scribe for 6 months and practically functioned at an intern level.

People who will quietly ask you what you think the curve will be when they bomb a test, but when they do well and other people struggled, have to tell everyone that the test 'wasn't that bad'.
This. The former scribes can be the worst! Like why don’t they just skip the last 2 years of med school since they basically already did it lol

• Dislike
This. The former scribes can be the worst! Like why don’t they just skip the last 2 years of med school since they basically already did it lol

Because they would crash harder than a plane made out of lead and weighed down with their massive egos.

We have a few previous ER techs in my class, one of whom seems to think they might as well already be an ER doc...

This is the absolute worst.

Good to see you make it through the end man, congrats. I’ve enjoyed reading your journey.

• Love
I swear that whenever I find out a person is going to EM, I always follow up with asking if they scribed.... and out of the last 15 people I know who are going into EM, 13 of them were scribes. I kid you not.

10 out of those 13 were pure dinguses and just smug. Idk why.

The few docs I've met in the EM that were SUPER chill and actually NICE I could actually count on one hand. They also had a whole lot of real life experience and weren't scribes. They are the ones I still keep in contact with to this day and have massive respect for.

• Haha

Ugh.

Massive PTSD after reading this.

After every exam, I'd just walk to my car and chill in it by myself listening to music or talking to family about what was going on at home or anything interesting on TV until it was time to review the exam... which I would walk in late to and and then leave super early after I reviewed what I got wrong and why.

I'd limit my exposure to the anxiety-inducing people in my class as much as I can and I recommend anybody else reading this to do the same.

I didn't come out of school with many "friends" but the ones I manage to still talk to and converse with or have secret, raunchy meme group chats with on IG are the ones I know I can actually rely on.

Quality over quantity.

I'm actually trying to figure out how long I should take to delete the people from my class off I don't mess with off of my facebook without being awkward...

Ugh.

Massive PTSD after reading this.

After every exam, I'd just walk to my car and chill in it by myself listening to music or talking to family about what was going on at home or anything interesting on TV until it was time to review the exam... which I would walk in late to and and then leave super early after I reviewed what I got wrong and why.

I'd limit my exposure to the anxiety-inducing people in my class as much as I can and I recommend anybody else reading this to do the same.

I didn't come out of school with many "friends" but the ones I manage to still talk to and converse with or have secret, raunchy meme group chats with on IG are the ones I know I can actually rely on.

Quality over quantity.

I'm actually trying to figure out how long I should take to delete the people from my class off I don't mess with off of my facebook without being awkward...

LoL dude your posts are killing me...
Your experience and mine is like that Spider-Man meme where they point at each other haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Haha
  • Love
best part about this process is to finally take the school email off my phone and cut down my spam by 80%

• Love
best part about this process is to finally take the school email off my phone and cut down my spam by 80%

Email 1: BREAKING NEWS! Here's what your school's 100x100sqft gym center that you haven't been able to use for two years due to being 1000mi away is doing to combat COVID-19: we are offering special new antioxidant crackers

Email 2: UPDATE: the crackers will eb first come first serve

Email 3: UPDATE UPDATE: apologies for the taipo, meant to say "the crackers will be first come first serve"

Email 4: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE RE: Crakckers status: the crackers are now gone, sorry

Email 5: URGENT NOTIFICATION: first and 2nd year members of your schools student interest group will be changing the in person ice cream party on the campus that you are still 1000mi away from to a Skype ice cream party. It is important to maintain social distancing at this time, so please do not go out and buy your own ice cream for this event.

Email 6: URGENT UPDATE RE: ice cream party: party is now canceled 1hr after event start time since no one showed up.

Email 7: Thank you for your email titled "please for the love of god take me off your mailing list I am 1000mi away." Unfortunately, I will be unable to remove you as I use your entire class's listserv to spread awareness. Have a good day!

Email 8: Graduation: Admin Check in regarding graduation: it is still canceled, in case anyone forgot

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
People really do that? Im sorry but if you ask me that and I saw you ask the 5 people in front of me the same question, you’re getting clowned.

• Haha
Congratulations!~ Sucks about your class though...With the exception of a few bad apples that are always inevitable, I’ve found mine to be unbelievably supportive. We literally had a few people posting OMM study guides regularely because they were just. So. Good! At them. These people carried the class when everyone neglected OMM during our hardest block because they just “got it” while the rest of us were scratching our heads wondering why we thought cramming the night before was a good idea. They were an absolute charm and given a lot of appreciation.

I’ve found, based on my limited experience of seeing “class personalities” for 2 years, that the general direction of the class is strongly determined early on based on how some of the most outgoing people act. If they’re great people, and start building class cooperatively, you’re far less likely to get stuck in a toxic environment than if you get some ambitious little sleaze as your class president. My school does a retreat prior to Block 1 for first years, hosted by the 2nd years, which attempts to derail any such problems from happening.

Of course, I’m sure it’s far more complicated than that. Do you remember if the general environment in your class began that way, or did it start good then just sorta fester into toxicity?

Congratulations!~ Sucks about your class though...With the exception of a few bad apples that are always inevitable, I’ve found mine to be unbelievably supportive. We literally had a few people posting OMM study guides regularely because they were just. So. Good! At them. These people carried the class when everyone neglected OMM during our hardest block because they just “got it” while the rest of us were scratching our heads wondering why we thought cramming the night before was a good idea. They were an absolute charm and given a lot of appreciation.

I’ve found, based on my limited experience of seeing “class personalities” for 2 years, that the general direction of the class is strongly determined early on based on how some of the most outgoing people act. If they’re great people, and start building class cooperatively, you’re far less likely to get stuck in a toxic environment than if you get some ambitious little sleaze as your class president. My school does a retreat prior to Block 1 for first years, hosted by the 2nd years, which attempts to derail any such problems from happening.

Of course, I’m sure it’s far more complicated than that. Do you remember if the general environment in your class began that way, or did it start good then just sorta fester into toxicity?
For me it's 25% of the class that is a toxic dump. Constantly one-upping each other, attempting to get others in trouble with admins, and trashing reputations left and right... not to mention the number that crap on people wanting to do family med. Some of that trickles down from the upperclassmen also. 75% of my class is amazing though and truly amazing people.

Being two-faced is the name of the game. I'd rather have someone be honest about their intentions and steer clear than hold a grudge for finding out they're different than what they originally sold me.

I swear that whenever I find out a person is going to EM, I always follow up with asking if they scribed.... and out of the last 15 people I know who are going into EM, 13 of them were scribes. I kid you not.

10 out of those 13 were pure dinguses and just smug. Idk why.

The few docs I've met in the EM that were SUPER chill and actually NICE I could actually count on one hand. They also had a whole lot of real life experience and weren't scribes. They are the ones I still keep in contact with to this day and have massive respect for.
we have that same problem. it's like they found one thing and clung to it for dear life. most of these people think they're simply amazing and are very resistant to learn any other kinds of medicine.

I'm a changed man, remember?

;)

lol bro in your other thread I told you it would be like this. Because in fact, after you match nothing literally matters anymore. You dont give a **** about your ****ty classmates or your malignant administration. You made it.

• Love

I honestly wouldn't know. I honestly stayed to myself most of the time.

I didn't go to the welcoming parties or anything initially. I was focused and was killing classes for the first 6 months until I made the conscience decision to just slow my roll. I fell in ranking and my sole focus was to just pass classes and take care of myself. I don't regret it one bit.

I came into medical school with the mindset that I am not here to party.... to dick around... to engage in festivities that have absolutely nothing to do with me becoming a physician. If it was a distraction, I didn't want any part of it. I wasn't here to make friends. But if I found a few real ones that shared the vision and could make some connections that may be fruitful in the future, then why not?

My mindset was just different from the get-go. I had family that was literally fighting for their life and freedom on the other side of the fence. Before I came to med school they literally told me "Make us proud and don't blow this opportunity. You're gonna face distractions and people will make you feel that you don't belong there. But you belong there. You put the work in. You get what you deserve. But if anybody ever gives you issues... we'll handle it from here. Don't even worry about it. Most of these kids don't know what real struggle is. They aren't hungry enough. Before you think about doing anything stupid... think about us in here."

I knew this was serious. I literally had family that was willing to make very very serious and drastic moves to ensure I was taken care of.

It honestly boils down to this.

You really see people at their realest when **** hits the fan.

And tbh I wouldn't want to be involved in ANY life or death situation that involves a patient and his/her family with a MAJORITY of my classmates because they aren't cut from that cloth. They would legitimately fold.

I wasn't raised like that.

That doesn't make them bad people... but they just aren't MY people.

Very egotistical, very selfish, very inconsiderate, and very snakeish.

But the ones who I legitimately have respect for? I know for a fact they will go on to do GREAT things. And it was an honor to be in their presence and have their friendships because these are people that will change lives and become excellent physicians.

But the thing is they are GREAT PEOPLE first and physicians second.

I honestly wouldn't know. I honestly stayed to myself most of the time.

I didn't go to the welcoming parties or anything initially. I was focused and was killing classes for the first 6 months until I made the conscience decision to just slow my roll. I fell in ranking and my sole focus was to just pass classes and take care of myself. I don't regret it one bit.

I came into medical school with the mindset that I am not here to party.... to dick around... to engage in festivities that have absolutely nothing to do with me becoming a physician. If it was a distraction, I didn't want any part of it. I wasn't here to make friends. But if I found a few real ones that shared the vision and could make some connections that may be fruitful in the future, then why not?

My mindset was just different from the get-go. I had family that was literally fighting for their life and freedom on the other side of the fence. Before I came to med school they literally told me "Make us proud and don't blow this opportunity. You're gonna face distractions and people will make you feel that you don't belong there. But you belong there. You put the work in. You get what you deserve. But if anybody ever gives you issues... we'll handle it from here. Don't even worry about it. Most of these kids don't know what real struggle is. They aren't hungry enough. Before you think about doing anything stupid... think about us in here."

I knew this was serious. I literally had family that was willing to make very very serious and drastic moves to ensure I was taken care of.

It honestly boils down to this.

You really see people at their realest when **** hits the fan.

And tbh I wouldn't want to be involved in ANY life or death situation that involves a patient and his/her family with a MAJORITY of my classmates because they aren't cut from that cloth. They would legitimately fold.

I wasn't raised like that.

That doesn't make them bad people... but they just aren't MY people.

Very egotistical, very selfish, very inconsiderate, and very snakeish.

But the ones who I legitimately have respect for? I know for a fact they will go on to do GREAT things. And it was an honor to be in their presence and have their friendships because these are people that will change lives and become excellent physicians.

But the thing is they are GREAT PEOPLE first and physicians second.

since when are you associated with the Mexican mafia?

that’s news to me.

since when are you associated with the Mexican mafia?

that’s news to me.
He means the fence surround RPC-COM to prevent COVID-19. They know what its like to be on the outside. Also it appears the world has embraced my online rotations, I demand payment for my idea!

• Love
I'm not associated or affiliated with ANYTHING or ANYBODY.

I'm just a nerd bro.

:(

That means that you very knowledgeable about the G and A spots. The ladies will appreciate that.

Go get it tiger. Just stay off the pipe and stay hydrated. That UA deadline in June may come a few weeks earlier with this COV19 business.