The GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently doing a summer research program that includes a mandatory (if I want my stipend) GRE course and exam. Does it matter if I take the GRE and report it to X/Y/Z schools but don't actually intend on going to grad school? Should I take it and not worry about it?

Members don't see this ad.

this an open question -- a high GRE score may help to show your abilities, but it can also show a lack of dedication b/c it'll look like you're preparing for grad school as a backup.

I don't think you have to report it. if it's not really high, it certainly would not help.

this an open question -- a high GRE score may help to show your abilities, but it can also show a lack of dedication b/c it'll look like you're preparing for grad school as a backup.

I don't think you have to report it. if it's not really high, it certainly would not help.
Take the test, but don't report it on your med school application. Some masters programs tailored for those wanting to improve their GPAs for professional/health programs require a GRE score, so that could be your "reason".

Take the test, but don't report it on your med school application. Some masters programs tailored for those wanting to improve their GPAs for professional/health programs require a GRE score, so that could be your "reason".

:thumbup:

I wouldn't report it OP. Some programs will also accept your MCAT score so keep an eye out for that.