The GRE

eldoctor

7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
  1. Medical Student
    Hello,

I am currently doing a summer research program that includes a mandatory (if I want my stipend) GRE course and exam. Does it matter if I take the GRE and report it to X/Y/Z schools but don't actually intend on going to grad school? Should I take it and not worry about it?

acridknight

10+ Year Member
    Mar 16, 2009
    1. Pre-Medical
      this an open question -- a high GRE score may help to show your abilities, but it can also show a lack of dedication b/c it'll look like you're preparing for grad school as a backup.

I don't think you have to report it. if it's not really high, it certainly would not help.

Kaustikos

Antibiotics 4 Lyfe
      10+ Year Member
    • Jan 18, 2008
      Always Bespin
      1. Fellow [Any Field]
        this an open question -- a high GRE score may help to show your abilities, but it can also show a lack of dedication b/c it'll look like you're preparing for grad school as a backup.

I don't think you have to report it. if it's not really high, it certainly would not help.
        Take the test, but don't report it on your med school application. Some masters programs tailored for those wanting to improve their GPAs for professional/health programs require a GRE score, so that could be your "reason".

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Apr 4, 2009
        New York
        1. Medical Student
          Take the test, but don't report it on your med school application. Some masters programs tailored for those wanting to improve their GPAs for professional/health programs require a GRE score, so that could be your "reason".

:thumbup:

I wouldn't report it OP. Some programs will also accept your MCAT score so keep an eye out for that.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.