naiman

10+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
A certain program listed its application due date as "12:00AM-Midnight Eastern Standard Time (9:00PM-Pacific Standard Time), November 25, 2008." Many on the West Coast seem to have thought this meant Tuesday night their time. What unfortunate confusion . . . .

bellecalle

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
A certain program listed its application due date as "12:00AM-Midnight Eastern Standard Time (9:00PM-Pacific Standard Time), November 25, 2008." Many on the West Coast seem to have thought this meant Tuesday night their time. What unfortunate confusion . . . .

I'll take a guess that this is Stanford..

As much as I feel badly for people who misunderstood that deadline, they shouldn't be leaving it up to the final hours to submit the application, really.

cara susanna

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
I can contribute: I didn't know that the grad school had an earlier deadline than the department, so I was late for the grad app. Now I don't know if they'll even look at my app. :/

I know it's my own fault, but still... argh.

About the Ads

PsyDr

Psychologist
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
take it as an early lesson.

the profession is fraught with deadlines. assessment reports (usually they want it immediately), papers, internship applications, post doc applications, licensure applications, board apps, etc.

it really never ever ends.

Borderline

*Insert Witty Title*
10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Louisiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
I agree... Anyone who waited until that late to submit kind of had it coming.

I will commiserate on deadlines though. Especially since the deadlines and finals are so close to each other!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.