the infamous "HOLD"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gumshoe

LARGE Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does the hold really mean, guys? I mean, i got a hold from rush and it seems like if they don't want you now (they are clearly waiting for "better qualified" applicants, as they see it), why would they want to interview you later?

I don't mean to dog Rush (just because I'm on "hold"), but they seem pretty whack. I talked to one of their deans one time, and they said "You need to address the science gpa issue" ( i wasn't really too sure about post bacc, or if it even existed around Chicagoland) so I said "well how would I go about doing that?"

She says "That's a good question"

Now why would you be a dean and tell someone to do something and then not tell them or not know how to fix a trouble spot? It was weird, man. Well, such is life. I heard Rush interviews are weird ... maybe I'll get one anyway ...

Gumshoe
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Gumshoe,
Dont worry about it to much you can still get an interview there. They have done this to me twice now last year and this year. My friend was put on hold last year and then Interviewed and Accepted with no waitlist in April. So there is hope.
Good luck

How did you find out that you were on hold? (us mail, email, etc.) My app. has been complete since the first week of august!

Members don't see this ad :)
But it does mean that they are trying to get "better" applicants than me right now ... right? What is your impression of Rush in general ... for me, it's been plummeting. I feel that Loyola seems to be the best, for some reason ...

Gumshoe

I found out by calling, YOu can call today (Friday)
I like the school and have heard nothing but good things.

I got the THIN letter yesterday in the mail. So be it, rushie poohs.

Gumshoe:eek:

Originally posted by Gumshoe
But it does mean that they are trying to get "better" applicants than me right now ... right? What is your impression of Rush in general ... for me, it's been plummeting. I feel that Loyola seems to be the best, for some reason ...

Gumshoe

again it all depends on what you are going for.

but if you want to do anything primary care, the way i see it is.

Loyola, Rush, NW, UIC, UOfC

Yeah guys...I received my hold for interview letter yesterday along with my waitlist email from UIC. Man...don't you just love Mondays!:mad:

It was written on the 9th and didn't get to my apt until the 21st! Anyway, a previous post has given me hope to receive an interview in April.

Good luck to us all!