The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And just like the people that take the depreciation hit by buying new cars, we cheap a-holes of the world thank you.
You went to college and have a higher degree, come on man, you know better than to make a comparison between piracy and secondary car sales. This is not a hard concept to understand.

Members don't see this ad.

You went to college and have a higher degree, come on man, you know better than to make a comparison between piracy and secondary car sales. This is not a hard concept to understand.

Morality isn’t an issue of education or intelligence though is it?

Morality isn’t an issue of education or intelligence though is it?

They don’t seem to understand the concept that pirating media costs people money, while secondary car sales won’t bankrupt Ford.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last time I went to a movie theater it was like $50 for two tickets, a hot dog, nachos and soda. No wonder people pirate.

I don’t care if you do or do not pirate that’s your own business. I’m pointing out that there’s a very big difference in financials and people affected between 1. Pirating media and 2. Buying and selling used cars.

Reactions: 1 user
I only hit up cheap-o matinees or download/stream.

Only other reason to go to movies is to feel up your date socialize

Just opened a Roth IRA in Vanguard. Is there any ETF fund in their IRA that mirrors the S&P 500 or NASDAQ?

Just opened a Roth IRA in Vanguard. Is there any ETF fund in their IRA that mirrors the S&P 500 or NASDAQ?
VOO for s&p

There isn't a etf vanguard uses for NASDAQ but you could always go by with MGK for growth. Over 50% of the ETF contains the typical FAAMG stocks plus Visa, Nvidia, Home Depot, Adobe, and MasterCard. I'm sure there's some Netflix in there too. VUG, VOOG, and VONG would also achieve this.

Or just buy Tesla like a normal person. It's at the perfect price to buy 4 shares for your maxed out 6k this year. You could also get crazy and buy NIO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Between April 23 and May 21, 2020, 1077 participants were enrolled and assigned to receive either ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (n=543) or MenACWY (n=534), ten of whom were enrolled in the non-randomised ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 prime-boost group. Local and systemic reactions were more common in the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 group and many were reduced by use of prophylactic paracetamol, including pain, feeling feverish, chills, muscle ache, headache, and malaise (all p<0·05). There were no serious adverse events related to ChAdOx1 nCoV-19. In the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 group, spike-specific T-cell responses peaked on day 14 (median 856 spot-forming cells per million peripheral blood mononuclear cells, IQR 493–1802; n=43). Anti-spike IgG responses rose by day 28 (median 157 ELISA units [EU], 96–317; n=127), and were boosted following a second dose (639 EU, 360–792; n=10). Neutralising antibody responses against SARS-CoV-2 were detected in 32 (91%) of 35 participants after a single dose when measured in MNA80 and in 35 (100%) participants when measured in PRNT50. After a booster dose, all participants had neutralising activity (nine of nine in MNA80 at day 42 and ten of ten in Marburg VN on day 56). Neutralising antibody responses correlated strongly with antibody levels measured by ELISA (R²=0·67 by Marburg VN; p<0·001)

Yes sir.

Stock price actually went down immediately after the release.
5D992F44-C168-4414-8CBA-1AB984A2EE5C.png

They already knew that. It was a report of the phase I/II findings. They are now onto phase III. Do Wall Street people not know this?
the immune response was weaker than pfizer or moderna. that is why they are down today. side effect profile was better, however.

Sq had a good day today

Yep but the reason individuals can beat the market while it's hard for all these advisors is they don't sell ever.

There's always another stock to switch to when yours has made it's run.

Haha somewhere BMB is losing his mind right now.

Yeah everything is bought.

I'm actually tempted to buy some here but I'm out of that game. I think that stock hits 20 within a year if the sales numbers continue to trend in the right direction so double your money.

Should have bought NIO on Friday!

Should have bought NIO on Friday!

If a person wants to toss $10k in Nio and forget about it in hopes it goes from $10 to $100 that's fine.

Right now Nio is a pure Tesla play for those that missed out. There are so many companies right now, who knows which ones will make it and which won't.

I personally like Rivian if they ever go public.

Last edited:
What didn't go up today? Aside from AZN and all the hyped COVID vaccine stocks and associated "vaccine-sensitive" stocks LMAO

Even PG&E was up today.

We got Tesla and Microsoft earnings tonight. Anyone playing it?

Could see big moves in either direction.

I'd be cautious on microsoft. I would question if they have as many subscription renewals atm.

TSLA still on fire.

Anyone refinance their home lately? These rates... I'm about to pull the trigger.

30yr Fixed
2.875% (previously 4.125)
No Appraisal, No PMI

Break-even in ~1 year w/ nerd wallets refinance calculator. Count me in.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone refinance their home lately? These rates... I'm about to pull the trigger.

30yr Fixed
No Appraisal, No PMI

Do it, that's a crazy good rate.

Gold is at 1888.

Next stop 2k

30yr Fixed
No Appraisal, No PMI

I locked in a 20 yr refi this week at 2.625%. Previous loan had 24 years left on a 30 yr note at 4.375%. Saving a couple hundred dollars a month and 4 years of loan payment.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not get 15-yr mortgage since the interest is so low?

I am glad I got a 15-yr note during the housing crash... Mortgage will be paid off in less than five year if I continue to make the monthly payment. But will pay it off in < 3 yrs once I start making attending salary.

Do it. But don't pay it off over 30 years again.

I pay a few hundred bucks extra on principal each month and will continue to do so.

Why not get 15-yr mortgage since the interest is so low?
I am glad I got a 15-yr note during the housing crash... Mortgage will be paid off in less than five year if I continue to make the monthly payment. But will pay it off in < 3 yrs once I start making attending salary.

I'd rather have a 30 year and have the flexibility to pay extra or not if an emergency occurs or job loss, etc. than being forced to pay extra with a 15 year loan.

I can make that cash flow work more for me this way (stock market, etc).

There's a huge Tesla sale going on right now if anyone ever wanted to own Tesla (stock)

8% off

The printer is jammed!!!!!!111111111111one

I'll wait until Tesla goes back to 350

• Haha
Tesla is extremely overvalued based on anything you look at.

Their price to sales number is twice of Amazon. While not the same business, I think it's a good comparison since both prefer spending every dollar instead of making a profit.

So around 700 to 800 might be a good entry point for lower risk.....if that would ever happen.

My friend just made 55k off TSLA put. Today 125% gain off 40k put bet and 500% gain on 1k Tesla put lol. Doing weekly put.

The company is valued at 300B making 100M/quarter (off government credits). Would you like to buy a business for $300k giving you $100 every 3 months?

For comparison, FB has 600B market cap with 5B net income every quarter.

My friend just made 55k off TSLA put. Today 125% gain off 40k put bet and 500% gain on 1k Tesla put lol. Doing weekly put.

The company is valued at 300B making 100M/quarter (off government credits). Would you like to buy a business for $300k giving you $100 every 3 months?

For comparison, FB has 600B market cap with 5B net income every quarter.

You can't compare a company in a pure growth phase to Facebook.

Just like you can't say Amazon is too expensive.

Even though they are both extremely overvalued. More so Tesla.

You can't compare a company in a pure growth phase to Facebook.

Just like you can't say Amazon is too expensive.

Even though they are both extremely overvalued. More so Tesla.
In that comparison alone, if FB market cap drops to half at 300B (Tesla) and make 2.5B/quarter net income. It means as of right now FB makes 25 times more profit than Tesla today.

In that comparison alone, if FB market cap drops to half at 300B (Tesla) and make 2.5B/quarter net income. It means as of right now FB makes 25 times more profit than Tesla today.
Again, Tesla isn't trying to make profit though.

Musk just said it himself, that's not the goal right now.

Again, Tesla isn't trying to make profit though.

Musk just said it himself, that's not the goal right now.
In the mean time, every other car makers are making EV too. There is a big chance my next car in 10 yrs isn't a Tesla. It will be some random EV Automakers.

In the mean time, every other car makers are making EV too. There is a big chance my next car in 10 yrs isn't a Tesla. It will be some random EV Automakers.

You won't ever hear me say Tesla is priced correctly. I just think it's foolish to bet against them. Tesla bears have lost so much money recently.

I just don't like it when people bring up profit with Tesla or Amazon.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if Musk just wanted included in the S&P500.