The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you guys think of Tesla? Still a buy? Short term fall?

Its pretty much on sale right now after hours

Members don't see this ad.

What do you guys think of Tesla? Still a buy? Short term fall?

Its pretty much on sale right now after hours
On sale lmao...

It could drop to $200 and it's still extremely overvalued. It won't even break 200d SMA at $200. It'll still be 14x more expensive than buying Apple.

Good point about Apple.. Much safer long-term bet..

Tesla is the stock that I regret buying or not buying all the same. Whenever I have bought it in the past, it has fallen and as soon as I sold it, it sky-rocketed.

Something to consider here is leadership. Companies like Apple, Microsoft, google, Berkshire or Amazon won’t be impacted much if something happens to their current leadership because they are built on strong fundamentals. Tesla on the other hand relies heavily on Elon Musk’s cult following.. If something happens to Musk (like Kobe Bryant), Tesla would be f-

People don’t consider these things when investing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've read some predictions 150, 200, 300 for TSLA. Of course no one knows how far it will fall, but the consensus is that it's way overpriced and has a long way to go. Musk said Tesla is worth $1,000/share and right now it's still around $2,000/share presplit.

Battery day and inclusion in the S&P might help it jump a bit.

Anyone on Android (and still want to access marketwatch on their phone) can download "free ad blocker browser" to stop the annoying subscription spam block.

Open marketwatch > triple dot setting on top right > add to home screen. Done.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd be interested in Tesla at $300

That is 40% drop from its high.

I have maxed out my limit for NIO. There is resistance for NIO @ $15. I might jump back in at $15.

That's around the previous area it was stuck at. I think there would be major buyers at that point.

Interesting how this place gets quite when we are in a freefall

Hope you guys had your stop losses set

I didn't. Down like $1500 after my buying spree yesterday. Guess I should stop looking and hold for several years. That was kinda the plan anyway.

I didn't. Down like $1500 after my buying spree yesterday. Guess I should stop looking and hold for several years. That was kinda the plan anyway.

That's the problem with high flying stocks, they fall fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get in on that dip. Apple was down I think 9% and is back even

All it would take is one tweet from Musk and it can bounce back to normal..

Wow what a wild day. I was -$1300 or so at one point and considered cutting my losses. Just looked at my account and pretty much broke even for today. I'm glad I held.

Last edited:
105M shares of Tesla were sold today. Assuming $400/share....that is $42B got exchanged. That is a lot of money to keep the stock afloat.

It's down again.

Etsy made it into the S&P but not Tesla, really?

Tesla is still trading $391 after hours so no telling what would happen Monday

Tesla is still trading $391 after hours so no telling what would happen Monday

I bet you everything I have that nothing happens on Monday!

One of my side hustles requires a social media presence. I use FB and Insta quite a bit for that, and LinkedIn / Twitter to a much smaller degree.

What's your side hustle? I need to get one.

What and how much do you guys have in taxable account? I just recently started building it and mostly have VTSAX.

Automate prescribing and pharmacy will follow

Rental properties have been my best returning asset this year.

There is no secret sauce. You don’t have to buy any books, just follow my formulas: 1) buy a single family home in an up and coming neighborhood; 2) only buy positive cash flow properties; 3) hire a good property management company; 4) hold forever.

I just need one more rental and we are good.

How many are you up to?

What and how much do you guys have in taxable account? I just recently started building it and mostly have VTSAX.

about $20K but mostly still in cash. I just put $3K in VTI. Thinking about going with 3 fund but not too sure about the bond part.

The U.S. is a trash society with trash people so are you really surprised?

Owner is right calling the scum ex-tenant a bizz atch

Rental properties have been my best returning asset this year.

There is no secret sauce. You don’t have to buy any books, just follow my formulas: 1) buy a single family home in an up and coming neighborhood; 2) only buy positive cash flow properties; 3) hire a good property management company; 4) hold forever.

I just need one more rental and we are good.

Do you take into account maintenance/repairs? I'm in New England so all the houses are old here. My first home had mold, asbestos and lead - probably put 25k into remediation for all that.

Everyone saying NIO may go to the moon but what about RKT? Wouldn't it make more sense for a rocket to reach the moon than a car! That was a joke, I know it's not a space rocket company.

If you Google RKT prediction, it says it will go up 2283% in 2025. Investing $100 today will turn into $2383?!

You need to put away at least 20% of monthly rent for repairs and vacancy. Repair cost is more if you live in extreme weather.

I am not a big fan of old houses for rentals. I prefer houses that were built after 1980. Regulations force home builders to build better homes.

My house was built in the 80s and still needed repairs. Needed a new boiler/water heater and tank. Cold water wasn't coming out of one shower, so the tile had to be demo'd, there was mold back there. There was also mold in the basement and laundry room from an old leak. The electric meter had to be replaced. Two thermostats needed new red power wires. Rain was sleeping into the basement so we needed new gutters. Rodents got in the basement so that had to be cleaned up and sealed.

That's just the nature of living in the northern I guess.

Everyone saying NIO may go to the moon but what about RKT? Wouldn't it make more sense for a rocket to reach the moon than a car! That was a joke, I know it's not a space rocket company.

If you Google RKT prediction, it says it will go up 2283% in 2025. Investing $100 today will turn into $2383?!

I will be buying RKT.

I refinanced my mortgage with them and am extremely happy with their service. Once word of mouth gets out about how great their service is and the simplicity of their app/website.... it's gg no re.

The update will be interesting come the end of September.

What's everyone think this week will be like?

No idea but don't really care tbh. I just keep my head down and keep working hard, studying for BCPS, and keep maxing retirement accounts out. If the market goes up, cool. If it goes down, even cooler... I buy at a discount.

What's everyone think this week will be like?

Idiots like me who have been sitting on the sideline who couldn't get in because the prices keep climbing up are now going, "Thanks the lord here is the dip, let's buy buy buy." There will be more volatility and we are a long way to go before we see any stabilization. If you are a day trader you'll love this.

BMB banned again. Mods don't have anything better to do on your day off?

• Angry
BMB banned again. Mods don't have anything better to do on your day off?

Seriously what is their problem?

This post right here is very sound advice.

No idea. My posts have been “good” posts. There is something weird around here. Someone has a thing for me (and it is not a crush).
For transparency, he posted a video that said "If you want to understand why people just don't wanna deal with black folks sometimes, this is the video to watch" in the first two minutes. This is the same user who previously posted someone dying. I'm not sure what his definition of "good" post is, but it doesn't conform to our TOS.

This isn't 4chan. There are pretty clear boundaries that shouldn't be crossed. We don't go out of our way to police benign posts, but if someone posts something that is clearly outside the bounds of our TOS and we figure out that it is a previously banned user, there will be predictable consequences.

Beyond that, I think more than enough has been said on our current moderation policy recently to understand where we stand.

Last edited:
Well the owner in the video said a lot worse but yeah

And the drop continues for Tesla

You guys taking your losses and selling or buying more?

Ughhh TSLA down 13% already! Should I hold?

Meanwhile NKLA is up 39%.

Who would have thought?

Nikola coming out with a 900 horsepower pickup that looks badass.

That does look badass and I don't even care about trucks.

Cybertruck looks ridiculous compared to that.

That does look badass and I don't even care about trucks.

Cybertruck looks ridiculous compared to that.

And GM buying a large share of the company.

Everyone thinking that these behemoth old car companies aren't going to leverage their supply chain expertise into buying their way into the electric game and leveraging it into success is kidding themselves.

What do you honestly think a redneck in middle America is going to want to drive to the work site? A Tesla Cybertruck or a Nikola Badger? Cybertruck will be hot on LA streets, no doubt. But in Nebraska...they'll buy the GM-manufactured electric that looks like a cool pickup truck.

And GM buying a large share of the company.

Everyone thinking that these behemoth old car companies aren't going to leverage their supply chain expertise into buying their way into the electric game and leveraging it into success is kidding themselves.

What do you honestly think a redneck in middle America is going to want to drive to the work site? A Tesla Cybertruck or a Nikola Badger? Cybertruck will be hot on LA streets, no doubt. But in Nebraska...they'll buy the GM-manufactured electric that looks like a cool pickup truck.

I doubt people in flyover country even want an EV. They like the smell of exhaust.