The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dexcom is down huge from it's highs. Saw my first commercial for it and it is getting more and more popular at my pharmacy

Interesting stock

Members don't see this ad.

76% has been counted in NV. Anything can still happen. Am I missing something?

inb4 race riots and civil war

Isn't that why we gotta prep our pharmacies for this crap especially the ones in high-risk locations?

We don't even have the good Xanax anyway so what's there to grab

Attachments

• lol 5891.png
    lol 5891.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
If Y'all Qaeda tries to start a Civil War, it will sure be something to see them get dressed up in their GI Joe Cosplay outfits and attempt to take on the US military with their tacticool'd up AR 15s. The Army will just fly a few drones overhead and end them all in a few seconds. And *poof* goes their stupid militia.

Members don't see this ad :)
inb4 race riots and civil war

Isn't that why we gotta prep our pharmacies for this crap especially the ones in high-risk locations?

We don't even have the good Xanax anyway so what's there to grab

Make sure you have narcos on side B and not A like some pharmacies.

Guy pointing gun at you, “hand me all Oxys”

You “you wanna shop around and come back in a minute?”

Reactions: 1 user
What is happening? I've made more from stocks this week than my paycheck LoL.

Reactions: 1 users
NIO is thru the roof now XD

All EVs have skyrocketed! XPEV, LI, SOLO, KNDI, RIDE, even scam NKLA. There must be a pullback soon... But I've been waiting for one since NIO was 27!

Today I learned Apple's ticker is AAPL, not APPL! So funny, you guys all called it APPL too!

Tesla new ATH premarket. Wild guys wild.

Wishing I just bought Tesla on the dip instead of "diversifying" into American Express, msft, FB, APPL, JPM.... all the tech ones ar least did well. But being up a measly 10% on some of those banks sucks.

Do you really think blue chip stocks like APPL, AMZN, and MSFT won’t bounce back??
I’m not big on holding individual stocks, so if you want to get out of that, I totally get it. But I think you should at least wait until the stocks are “up” again before you sell them.

No matter what happens, don't sell APPL..

I was just looking at xpev and decided not to buy. Not up 30% today lol

They are due for a crash just like LI. They are new and have way lower sales than NIO. At least NIO already went through that rough period when the stock fell to $1.

Pretty much a must read if you are thinking of dropping a sh1t ton of money to baba. Ma had to open his mouth and **** himself on the ass. This is like bad mortgage loans turned to derivatives in 2008.

Pretty much a must read if you are thinking of dropping a sh1t ton of money to baba. Ma had to open his mouth and **** himself on the ass. This is like bad mortgage loans turned to derivatives in 2008.

People buy stocks without researching?

If you start a position in Baba today, you should love if it continues to fall just like when Amazon falls so you can buy more.

Members don't see this ad :)
People buy stocks without researching?

If you start a position in Baba today, you should love if it continues to fall just like when Amazon falls so you can buy more.
Why are you so surprised? lol

I'd still be long on Alibaba. It's not a short term investment. Like I said, they are setting up to be the Amazon of the third world and major player in direct-to-factory deal making. If there are defaults and the stock collapses, it would become a wonderful value buy.

Congrats to the NIO boys on here, glad you guys are getting value with the purchase.

What difference will avoiding it for a month make?

What difference will avoiding it for a month make?
That's for you to decide. I just dished information. Most people don't know the magnitute of ANT valuation going from 300B+ to sh1t. If BABA own 33%, that's 100B gone from BABA.

I'm considering getting NNDM too. ARK recently doubled their position.

I think PLTR and NNDM are sleeper stocks with lots of potential. Now that NIO is mainstream, I'm looking for another growth stock that can go 5x or 10x.

NNDM up 28% today, of course I was too scared to buy any!

That's for you to decide. I just dished information. Most people don't know the magnitute of ANT valuation going from 300B+ to sh1t. If BABA own 33%, that's 100B gone from BABA.

I believe Baba fell 10% or so and lost close to that 100B that day at one point.

Their 30% growth though will continue.

Putting your life savings in one stock is foolish but adding to a position that you know will pay off in the long wrong is what I'm recommending.

There is little to no chance Baba doesn't outperform the broader market over the next 10 years.

I only got 9 shares. I doubt anyone here is going to invest much into it if they haven't already.

So much for a dip LoL, everything green again.

NIO +30 % in 4 weeks
PLTR +40% in 2 weeks
ARKK +10% in 1 week

Unreal. This has gotta dip eventually.

Last edited:

Musk sees NIO as a threat!

• Haha
How many shares of NIO and PLTR you got?

I will do some research PLTR and see if I can get 100 shares...

Did you buy? I should have taken my own advice and bought NNDM too. These both went to the moon this week. Both have 10x potential.

Had bought 100 shares of Nio and planning on holding it forever..

Not adding any. I am content with 100.

So I have a dumb question that I expect to be roasted on but google hasn't been my friend on this one. Is there a way to see my lifetime performance on Robinhood? It seems straightforward enough to look at each stock that is currently in my account but can I track my performance over time including the stocks that I have sold?

Obviously right now my account is just killing it with NIO (I wonder if I should realize any of those gainz but FOMO) but I wonder if I factored in all my bad trades how would my performance look.

Congrats! What else do you hold?

12-13 shares of Tesla and few shares of Apple (don’t remember exactly how many).

Planning on holding all of them long-term.

@wagrxm2000 SQ saving the group PF today!
This is why you always buy dips and never get concerned from a drop as long as the company outlook hasn't changed.

Up 28% past 5 days.

I'll be curious what people pick for next year.

What have you done for me recently is how ask fund managers are judged.

Last edited:
So I have a dumb question that I expect to be roasted on but google hasn't been my friend on this one. Is there a way to see my lifetime performance on Robinhood? It seems straightforward enough to look at each stock that is currently in my account but can I track my performance over time including the stocks that I have sold?

Obviously right now my account is just killing it with NIO (I wonder if I should realize any of those gainz but FOMO) but I wonder if I factored in all my bad trades how would my performance look.

I don't use it but I would assume when you look at your performance chart it gives options to change timeframe? At least that's how vanguard works

I'm sure the people at wallstreetbets could help you.

I'm checking out an investment property that's a super good deal this weekend. It's a 3br2ba home in a tourist town and it doesn't have an hoa fee but is very low maintenance.

No way to do that in Robinhood. It's crappy platform that's designed that way... so people can't see how they are doing long term to encourage trading more. M1 finance is better for this.

I wouldn't use Robinhood because you do not get price improvement on your fill. They are the worst at that. Even if you use a limit order, their bid/ask/price improvement for you is essentially 0. They are selling your order flow and they take the profit for every trade instead of giving it to you. There is no free lunch.

No way to do that in Robinhood. It's crappy platform that's designed that way... so people can't see how they are doing long term to encourage trading more. M1 finance is better for this.

I wouldn't use Robinhood because you do not get price improvement on your fill. They are the worst at that. Even if you use a limit order, their bid/ask/price improvement for you is essentially 0. They are selling your order flow and they take the profit for every trade instead of giving it to you. There is no free lunch.

I honestly do not understand a word of that. What platform do you use and why, if you don’t mind me asking?

I honestly do not understand a word of that. What platform do you use and why, if you don’t mind me asking?

I use Schwab cause I've always had them for my Roth, they have 24/7 customer services (if you call you'll actually talk to a human who speaks fluent English) and the website/app are nice.

What Momus was saying:

Say you put a limit order to buy NIO at $42. Sometimes Schwab will get the share for $41.95 for example so I save 5 cents per share. With Robinhood, you don't get this price improvement - they keep it.

I looked at my last 12 orders in Schwab and 3 of them had price improvements of $0.14, $0.06 and $0.02. It can be a big difference depending on how many shares you get.

Last edited:
Did you buy? I should have taken my own advice and bought NNDM too. These both went to the moon this week. Both have 10x potential.
I did not buy.

I did not even know about NNDM

The people who bought NIO for $3 are dancing right now... This stock has the potential to get $200 by the end of next year.

I mentioned it before! Haha. It's still very cheap under $4. Many think it will go up to $5 soon.
I just looked at it and I saw it was $80+/share a couple years ago. What happened?

I use Schwab cause I've always had them for my Roth, they have 24/7 customer services (if you call you'll actually talk to a human who speaks fluent English) and the website/app are nice.

What Momus was saying:

Say you put a limit order to buy NIO at $42. Sometimes Schwab will get the share for $41.95 for example so I save 5 cents per share. With Robinhood, you don't get this price improvement - they keep it.

I looked at my last 12 orders in Schwab and 3 of them had price improvements of $0.14, $0.06 and $0.02. It can be a big difference depending on how many shares you get.

So do you pay a fee for the order or how do they make money?

So do you pay a fee for the order or how do they make money?

No they got rid of fees a few years ago, I think Fidelity did too. Otherwise I wouldn't buy 1 share of PLTR at a time haha. It used to cost $7 per trade back in the day. I think that's what drew people to Robinhood in the first place so all the big brokerages got rid of their fees.

They make money from options, their ETF expense ratios and other stuff:

Last edited:
I just looked at it and I saw it was $80+/share a couple years ago. What happened?

I'm not too familiar with their past. Originally they were an R&D company, but they recently changed to creating revolutionary 3d printed circuit boards. That's what made the turnaround.

The people who bought NIO for $3 are dancing right now... This stock has the potential to get $200 by the end of next year.

There are already many multimillionaires out there. I saw someone's screenshot who bought 80,000 shares when it was $2! You've gotta have huge balls to invest 160k when a stock is on life support!

There are already many multimillionaires out there. I saw someone's screenshot who bought 80,000 shares when it was $2! You've gotta have huge balls to invest 160k when a stock is on life support!
I would have done it as well but not in that magnitude... like 25,000 shares..

Last edited: