The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone buy marijuana stocks? They make EV stocks look tame. Look at ACB.

I bought some like two years ago and holy moley they went no where. It has to be a huge growth market given enough time but I sucked at picking them.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Instead of buying marijuana stock buy fast food stock like yum. They own taco bell and have been on a huge bull run.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was the easiest $5k bet I've ever made in this decade even though the initial election night was VERY concerning.

Biden was absolutely lucky, he was running against POTUS who:
- Has never had a positive net approval after his initial 3 months
- Won with only 46% of the vote the first time
- Is in the worst place of any incumbent before election
- Faces polling that shows a national landslide
- Run a very divisive campaign with no real mandate
- Has the steadiest approval rating of any president - a steady deeply underwater approval
- Poor ratings on every major issue except the economy - race relations, covid response, healthcare, science/green initiatives, etc
- Even on the economy, his ratings have been going down due to COVID

It's literally free money with Trump as the opponent. He made Biden got the most votes in any presidential ticket ever. He practically made everyone who never voted, voted for the first time to get him the fu3k out LMAO.

Right now, inside Trump's bunker...

Reactions: 1 user
Actually in spite of my posts just now we should try to keep politics out of this thread. presumably people come to this thread to discuss investments not politics.

Actually in spite of my posts just now we should try to keep politics out of this thread. presumably people come to this thread to discuss investments not politics.
My bet hasn't paid out yet until the orange man concedes or states certify the result. -_____-;

My bet hasn't paid out yet until the orange man concedes or states certify the result. -_____-;

Fair enough. Although I would hardly call that an "investment" LOL

Well I guess you could make the same argument about speculating on stocks. Fine I will allow it ;)

It was the easiest $5k bet I've ever made in this decade even though the initial election night was VERY concerning.

Biden was absolutely lucky, he was running against POTUS who:
- Has never had a positive net approval after his initial 3 months
- Won with only 46% of the vote the first time
- Is in the worst place of any incumbent before election
- Faces polling that shows a national landslide
- Run a very divisive campaign with no real mandate
- Has the steadiest approval rating of any president - a steady deeply underwater approval
- Poor ratings on every major issue except the economy - race relations, covid response, healthcare, science/green initiatives, etc
- Even on the economy, his ratings have been going down due to COVID

It's literally free money with Trump as the opponent. He made Biden got the most votes in any presidential ticket ever. He practically made everyone who never voted, voted for the first time to get him the fu3k out LMAO.

Right now, inside Trump's bunker...

50.7 to 47.7 was considered an easy bet?

Every poll was wrong.

There was a point where it looked like Trump was going to do it again.

50.7 to 47.7 was considered an easy bet?

Every poll was wrong.

There was a point where it looked like Trump was going to do it again.
After CA and NY finished their counting, Biden will probably win by 6M+ votes easily. The poll missed a lot QAnon conspiracy wackos. You can't poll someone who always think media as "fake news". It's the only answer Trump has. The higher QAnon believer in a state, the bigger poll gap there is. Trump major support come from non college educated whites. I'm not surprised they all believe in conspiracy theories. That's why they will also eat whatever lies trump tweeted or said in the past 4 yrs. Good riddance, we are back to a rational president. This election is not about Biden, it's about getting rid of Trump. Only Trump can defeat himself so utterly and thoroughly.

www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/technology/study-considers-a-link-between-qanon-and-polling-errors.amp.html

After CA and NY finished their counting, Biden will probably win by 6M+ votes easily. The poll missed a lot QAnon conspiracy wackos. You can't poll someone who always think media as "fake news". It's the only answer Trump has. The higher QAnon believer in a state, the bigger poll gap there is. Trump major support come from non college educated whites. I'm not surprised they all believe in conspiracy theories. That's why they will also eat whatever lies trump tweeted or said in the past 4 yrs. Good riddance, we are back to a rational president. This election is not about Biden, it's about getting rid of Trump. Only Trump can defeat himself so utterly and thoroughly.

www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/technology/study-considers-a-link-between-qanon-and-polling-errors.amp.html

What I meant was with so many states being around 1% it was hardly an easy bet and I know you were sweating it out at one point.

This country is clearly divided but I will stop to not get off thread topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my order status just to make sure my trades will go through in the morning and found my NIO sell order if it drops to 23.

I don't think that's happening

What I meant was with so many states being around 1% it was hardly an easy bet and I know you were sweating it out at one point.

This country is clearly divided but I will stop to not get off thread topic.
Not gonna lie. I slept thinking my fundamental thesis about the bet was wrong. It wasn't. It was just delayed... Ballots arrived with a vengeance the next morning...

Not gonna lie. I slept thinking my fundamental thesis about the bet was wrong. It wasn't. It was just delayed... Ballots arrived with a vengeance the next morning...

In the end of the day we need a quicker and easier way to vote.

If you can mail in your vote, you should be able to do it on your computer

In the end of the day we need a quicker and easier way to vote.

If you can mail in your vote, you should be able to do it on your computer

I agree. we bank and do taxes online. does anyone think voting would be less secure than money?

In other news bitcoin is up 33% in the past month and 114% ytd.

Should I throw $100 on Biden? :D

1.png

Futures up huge with vaccine news. Stay at home stocks getting hit.

Guess you can keep AAPL. PLTR and NNDM up 11% and 7%. This means they will jump even higher tomorrow haha.
I'll make the trade if you want just wanted to put it out there

Vaccine news

I could see a huge shift away from the start at home trades

Just curious if your decision has changed.

It's not like a Peloton though

I'll make the trade if you want just wanted to put it out there

Yes please trade for PLTR. It cooled off only up 3% now. I will be buying more today too.

Their software will be used for virus tracking ad vaccine effectiveness. Perfect.

Last edited:
I can't login to Schwab and my friend can't login to Vanguard. Are all servers broken now? LoL.

Congrats to everyone who bought Covid beaten stocks. Airlines, cruise lines, movie theaters etc are up huge today! 40% crazy.

Small caps are roaring :-D
While the usual covid typical techs name are doing nothing (they don't benefit from a vaccine)

Yea, it was a smart move and a pretty obvious one to be honest.

I'm happy I had some but not nearly enough. Was building a EAT, MGM and planned to build a Wynn position and those are all up massive

I didn't think we'd get a vaccine so soon!

Well damn, my stock market gains so far this morning are bigger than my paycheck. We're due for a correction soon aren't we?

Lol peloton

I know someone who bought one. She used it for like a week and now it's a hanging rack for laundry. You can get an Echelon for $500 or a used road bike with Cycle Ops trainer on Craigslist for $100-200. I don't get it.

That company has not produced a single drug, if i remember correctly

That's spot on - their phase 2 data was looking great and I bought when they were going into phase 3, which then was paused by the FDA and it appears they'll never recover. The DOD gave them a $71 million grant which is what convinced me it was a worthwhile gamble, which it appears it was not. C'est la vie I suppose

Pltr bought at 15.00 (interesting)
Work 25.68

Sq sold 191.43
Aapl sold 120.26

Boeing is positive in the fund!!!

Berkshire B has a PE ratio of .016. The second it goes from a value stock to an expensive stock people will become filthy rich millionaires with small investments.

Triple top chart looks scary. Either break down tomorrow, or we have another leg up.

Sector rotation from large to small cap.

Berkshire B has a PE ratio of .016. The second it goes from a value stock to an expensive stock people will become filthy rich millionaires with small investments.

Where did you get that at?

It's actually around 24

Berkshire will always but value

Huge miss from beyond meat, stock is getting destroyed.