The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
US is working against the interest of Europe?

No negotiated peace. No gas for Europe.

hoenst question - who has to gain by blowing this pipeline up?
Russia? no - they lose their income source
Europe? no- they lose their power source
Ukraine? - not sure how it helps them -
US? Does it help our fossil fuel industry if we knock Russia out? but it will only increase the prices here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good question. We need to ask…who would benefit and who have the means to do it?

US thinks Germany will negotiate with Russia. By blowing up the pipeline then restarting the pipeline is not an option.

This could lead to something else.
i am not sure how deep this pipeline is - but I am guessing any country with a submarine has the capabilities (or a ROV?)

If the US did it- what do they have to gain? Try to keep Germany from negotiating with Russia? I think that would do more harm than good for the US thou

Even tho bonds are “less risky” than stocks but it is not a guarantee. Would you buy Rite Aid bonds?

“The US Aggregate Bond ETF is down 15% in 2022, and global bonds have seen even more pain.”
bonds have dropped so much because their price is inversly related to interest rate changes - buying new bonds might make sense, but older funds are gonna drop until the bonds mature and are replaced with new ones at higher rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am not sure how deep this pipeline is - but I am guessing any country with a submarine has the capabilities (or a ROV?)

If the US did it- what do they have to gain? Try to keep Germany from negotiating with Russia? I think that would do more harm than good for the US thou

Probably would help certain segments of the energy industry but not the average American - not that politicians have ever cared about the latter anyway. We’ll end up just paying more for energy.

Better save up. Hard landing recession by end of 2023:

hard landing? try crash landing, and not in 2023. it's here, now. that guy Drunkenmiller in the video is a drunk amateur

warning. stock market is going to crash roughly 20% more before January, with a chance of it even commencing by Friday, Sept 30 (geopolitical event? i don't know. i use technical analysis/charting)

qualifications: pharmacist, but i called the Covid crash a few months before it would happen in this thread and was doubted by everyone here

Last edited:
  • Haha
hard landing? try crash landing, and not in 2023. it's here, now. that guy Drunkenmiller in the video is a drunk amateur

warning. stock market is going to crash roughly 20% more in the next 1-2 wks, with a chance of it even commencing by Friday, Sept 30 (geopolitical event? i don't know. i use technical analysis/charting)

qualifications: pharmacist, but i called the Covid crash a few months before it would happen in this thread and was doubted by everyone here

Let us know when to buy. I've had cash on the sidelines all year.

You are incredibly naive if you think Russia would blow up its own pipeline that cost tens of billions to build when they can simply turn it off.

Joe Biden, Victoria Nuland (US under secretary) have already said the pipelines would be a target. So get real.

This stupid war serves no purpose to Americans.

What is it with you and Ukraine? Are you Ukrainian or what? Maybe your wife? A Ukrainian celebrity crush? What is it?

Yeah, ok.

Meanwhile, EU intelligence has Russian vessels near the site of the sabotage.

Not to mention the fact that the US told the Germans that Russia was going to try to pull this.

And why would Putin do this? The Telegraph has a few reasons.

But my theory is that it isolates him from a coup from his energy oligarchs. He already cut the gas off of Europe. Getting support to depose Putin in order to turn the gas back on isn't on the table now.

And I'm not the one that's weird here. WTF is with you and constantly regurgitating Russian propaganda? You are literally throwing out the flimsiest stuff imaginable that RT was trying to push like the day before. For real, where do you get your news?

Supporting Ukraine is the obvious move here for most people, I would think. I don't know. Trying to Westernize. Trying to be a legitimate democracy. Trying to join EU and NATO. Resisting autocracy. They would be a very well positioned strategic partner for the US. A stable Ukraine is good for the Western economies. Not to mention the most obvious reason...Russians are literally genociding the Ukrainian people. Every town they occupy that is later liberated by the UAF, the Russians leave behind evidence of torture, murder, rape, etc.

People don’t want a nuclear WW3 with Russia. You think we want to spend billions and billions on this stupid war while we are having record inflation? Let’s not forget we need to spend an additional $350B to rebuild Ukraine. This money is better spent on our own people. We could have solve the homeless crisis with this money.

Telling people Russia is not stupid enough to blow up its own pipeline when they can easily turn it off is suddenly Russian propaganda? I like how you always fall back on this talking point.

Are you Ukrainian? Your wife? A celebrity crush? What is it? You went around, around this question. Simple question.

Going point by point...

Russia isn't starting WWIII over Ukraine. Worst case scenario, they might be crazy enough to try tactical (i.e. small) nukes inside Ukraine, but that would probably be the dumbest thing they've ever done since actually trying to invade Ukraine in the first place. The international response would basically make them a giant North Korea. The sooner you stop Russia, the better. They think that "Russia has no borders." They will try this "Russian speaking population is being abused" canard all over the former Soviet bloc. There are small pockets of Russian speakers all over the former USSR states. They take Ukraine, next thing you know, they look at Transnistria and use it as an excuse to try to take Moldova. Then Georgia. Then Armenia.

They aren't really spending that much money. It's a tiny fraction of the US military budget. And most of the stuff they are sending over was literally sitting in a warehouse sucking up maintenance costs doing nothing. All of the equipment is money already spent.

It's Russian propaganda because you are constantly repeating literally what they are saying.

I have zero direct personal connection to Ukraine. I'm like 90% Scots-Irish. My wife is actually half Russian Jew, interestingly. I looked up celebrities from Ukraine. Definitely had a Mila Kunis crush back in the day. Got me there, I guess.

But how about you stop dodging the question. Where do you get your news? Why do you always seem to come to the conclusion that the FSB wants you to arrive at?

After more research, Milla Jovovich is hot, too. Leeloo Dallas MultiPass all day.

leeloo-dallas-multipass.gif

If you are Ukrainian and named Milla/Mila, come talk to me, I guess.

Comparing the US wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to giving Ukraine our 3rd best sets of equipment that were sitting in a warehouse collecting dust is a bit over the top.

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd best set of equipment huh?

We have depleted our supply. How is this good for us?
If NATO has a depleted supply - what is Russia facing? NATO spends 12x that of Russia - so if we are concerned about running out, Russia won't be in any position to attack us (nuclear weapons excluded).

^ We are going to spend hundreds of billions to deplete Russia conventional weapons? No one care of about those. Russia doesn’t have the money, weapons or troops to conquer Europe. Forget about attacking the US.

A desperate Russia that is pushed against a wall is a dangerous Russia. A tactical nuclear attack is possible. Let’s not even talk about the Russian submarine with 20 nuclear warheads in the Atlantic Ocean and off the coast of Alaska.

All of this crap for what? A weakened Europe, thousands dead, billions wasted?

in other words, you're on your knees kissing Putin's dirty feet and doing as he says. you deserve to stay on your knees

All of this crap for what? A weakened Europe, thousands dead, billions wasted?
I am genuinely confused by this statement. I mean I agree with you but surely the credit for all the deaths and wasted resources goes to Putin? Like this is a question directed at Russia, right?

I am genuinely confused by this statement. I mean I agree with you but surely the credit for all the deaths and wasted resources goes to Putin? Like this is a question directed at Russia, right?
in some respect it is beginning to look like Vietnam. Minus the US casualties

3rd best set of equipment huh?

We have depleted our supply. How is this good for us?
They've depleted the supply of old **** they don't need, maybe. They aren't giving them freaking F-35s or aircraft carriers, my guy.

The money being given to Ukraine is literally the best bang for the buck in deterrence against a hostile foreign nation potentially in US history. They are spending a fraction of the usual defense budget to absolutely crush these idiots.

I'm really struggling to understand how you can't see this.

Should I start buying Shopify?

i really don't think so, but i don't think anyone should be buying tech in general at this point. Apple is going to $90-100 before January, Shopify $12-18.

Reactions: 1 users
i really don't think so, but i don't think anyone should be buying tech in general at this point. Apple is going to $90-100 before January, Shopify $12-18.
I don't know If I should be timing the market... If Shopify get to $12/share, I will definitely spend 30-40k on it.

What happened to babybull? He predicted housing and stock market crashed like a year before covid and disappeared when they kept going up

he was right. the market crashed months after his crash call and he did say buy during the Covid bottom (that's why his name changed to babybull during the Covid crash, and now his name is gmfalcon to avoid garnering too much fanfare attention)

Last edited:
He got it wrong for years and years. He left with his head down in shame.

Hopefully he bought a house. If he didn’t then he would be priced out by now.

i hope you sold your houses. 50% drop from peak to bottom coming

Alright I’m calling it - Dow 27k..

Once it hits 27k I’m putting 100k on SPY with a 3 year goal of 50% return .

Wish me luck.

Other large positions include:

Hecla Mining
Piedmont Lithium
Tech Resources
Theta Labs
Physical gold
Physical silver

This is me for the next 3-5 years or so.

Alright I’m calling it - Dow 27k..

Once it hits 27k I’m putting 100k on SPY with a 3 year goal of 50% return .

Wish me luck.

Other large positions include:

Hecla Mining
Piedmont Lithium
Tech Resources
Theta Labs
Physical gold
Physical silver

This is me for the next 3-5 years or so.

wrong. dow 22k-24k before January

Last edited:
If he got it so right, then why did he disappear when stocks and real estate skyrocketed?

I got them rentals long before covid. If people are not buying then they are renting.

When there is blood in the water (and there will be), the Fed will turn on the easy money faucet. What is the alternative? A major depression, high unemployment, spike in crimes?

I am preparing for 10% drop in real estate from peak. No big deal if you bought them years ago.

powell doesn't care. he is the most powerful man on the planet and you're going to find out the hard way (while on your knees)

Are you buying anything now? I hate timing the market.

No, I haven't bought any individual stocks or crypto this year. Been holding cash or playing some short positions for fun.

powell doesn't care. he is the most powerful man on the planet and you're going to find out the hard way (while on your knees)

I guess we will see.. I would agree that we could certainly see lower.

However, you gotta buy sometime and I would rather be early than late…

I feel this is as safe as a bet that we can get

Have been investing a little bit in VT with every paycheck. Not going to time the market

Why did he care in 2018?

You got priced out because you tried to time the market. Happy renting and paying off your landlord’s mortgage.

he didn't care then. what he cared about what his upcoming reappointment and i called that 20% crash a month before it happened.

i'm not priced out of the housing market. i move every year and took 2 years off traveling the world. my funds are now getting depleted and need to replenish them with my market crash call

Why did he care in 2018?

You got priced out because you tried to time the market. Happy renting and paying off your landlord’s mortgage.

Hey your not seriously pushing the idea that “if you sold your house your locked out” again are you?

Because seriously - your right sometimes (just like a lot of us) but you don’t get it right 100% of the time.

There is such a thing as working financial markets and the housing market is one of them.

Selling my last house in May of 2022 and unloading everything that was wrong with the (economy, personal housing expenses, etc) Was one of the best choices I have ever made. And I’m happy to pay rent to my landlord to pad his mortgage balance. Why would I care about him - I got plans of my own?

Biden to Putin: “ready to defend every single inch”

I wonder how many brave CVS pharmacists are going to take off their white coat and join the fight for Ukraine in the middle of winter.

Forget the stock market….be real and tell us what are the consequences of a full war with Russia. At least during the Cold War, people were told what to expect. All of this for a country that is 6,000 miles away.

I suppose I am just not convinced that this thing is going to go completely off the rails.

Right now the war is structured and contained. We have had about 10 million structured and contained wars since WWII.

I’m not ignorant to the severity of this thing, however I just don’t do the “sky is falling” thing.

I see this as nothing more than another phase of time that will likely pass. I will admit though, there have been some unique escalations to this conflict but we have a long time before we drop the big one.

Still DCAing daily into SP500 and SCHD. Throwing in a little lump sum here and there on very red days.

I think the market still has room to go down though.

You don’t have the funds to make any real money.

don't need much money to make money. 7k turned into to 300k trade on AMC

My next move will turn 8k into a minimum 200k with best case scenario 2 million

they call me "babybull" for a reason. i'm just getting started

Last edited:
This guy tries so hard after being wrong for so many years. Not even your balance. No date.

Just being real…6 figures is not much nowadays especially after taxes and when a single family home in LA is easily 7 figures.

i don't have the final screenshot but i happened to take a few random screenshots on my way to turning a 7k trade into 300k. reverse google search the image all you want. you won't find it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-150811_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-150811_Messages.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20221001-150735_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-150735_Messages.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20221001-151317_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-151317_Messages.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20221001-152825_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-152825_Messages.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 31
“My next move will blah blah blah”

Sure it will bud. We all believe you. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it. Of course what would be really cool is if you told us what your position is before it moons.

“My next move will blah blah blah”

Sure it will bud. We all believe you. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it. Of course what would be really cool is if you told us what your position is before it moons.

thanks. since you're both so interested, you and KCAB will be the first to be dm'd my robinhood snapshot of 2 million bucks profit when it happens

It is meaningless. You don’t make money until you cashed out.

Of course you can make a lot of money betting on option. You can get lucky here and there but in the long run, the odd of you making any money is small. That is why the payout is so good.

People love to talk about their wins but not their losses. You will disappear again like a fart in the wind when you lose your shirt.

there is no shirt to lose. i'm sitting here shirtless while on my laptop soaking in the southern california sun

i don't have the final screenshot but i happened to take a few random screenshots on my way to turning a 7k trade into 300k. reverse google search the image all you want. you won't find it

Post your next trade so we can follow.

don't need much money to make money. 7k turned into to 300k trade on AMC

My next move will turn 8k into a minimum 200k with best case scenario 2 million

they call me "babybull" for a reason. i'm just getting started

AMC - my man!

I have been playing AMC for a very long time. I’m not one of those buy and hold forever types. AMC literally helped me go from “have to work” status to “work if you want to” status.

When I was a kid - if you would have asked me how I would become financially stable I would have said - “I will get a job”. As an adult, my life took a strange twist to, “I’ll invest in a bankrupt movie theatre chain and sell a house” to achieve financial independence.

• Haha
He will not. He will post screenshots…as if they are proof of anything. As if photoshop doesn’t exist.

That's a shame. I thought the point of this thread was to share trade ideas, not to brag about who got rich quick. This thread used to be really helpful, a lot of us made money in 2020 and 2021.