The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your gut is talking again!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Could still be right, we get to 7% by the end of the year and you've reached most people's annual return rate goal.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kinda surprised we're getting this much of a bump from a 90 day truce. Dow futures up 450???

I'm investing more and more into real estate. My goal is to get the hell out of pharmacy and eventually let the properties allow me to retire.

Mondays gains went poof today

Wow, what happened today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Markets crashing this hard because the US made Canada arrest the Huawei CFO?

Economy is slowing down. This stupid tariff war doesn’t help. Either way, I have positioned myself to do well.

Arrested this woman because trump decided to put sanction on Iran?

What are we going to do next? Attack Iran? Are we putting our national interest first or another county’s interest?

ImageUploadedBySDN1544122637.664107.jpg

Anyone have investment properties? Selling our house and considering renting it out. I found a property management company that charges 7.8% of rent per month, they take care of everything. They estimate the potential rent will cover mortgage, taxes and insurance. Have 13 years left on mortgage. I think I'm gonna do it.

Ya'll buying up still or going to wait out this drop?

Anyone have investment properties? Selling our house and considering renting it out. I found a property management company that charges 7.8% of rent per month, they take care of everything. They estimate the potential rent will cover mortgage, taxes and insurance. Have 13 years left on mortgage. I think I'm gonna do it.

Why? Tax benefits?

Why? Tax benefits?

That, plus when it's paid off in 13 years or less it will be extra cashflow. If the rent covers the mortgage, tax and insurance - why not? Of course there will be repairs/maintenance/vacancies down the road but it will be worth it for the long term.

still buying more?
Yes of course. I sold some bonds and stocks that are actually up like TSLA and WBA to buy other stocks and index funds. Also my whole paycheck is now going into 401k and mega backdoor Roth.

Yes of course. I sold some bonds and stocks that are actually up like TSLA and WBA to buy other stocks and index funds. Also my whole paycheck is now going into 401k and mega backdoor Roth.

Why buy now? We are not in a bear market yet. Valuation is still high.

Why buy now? We are not in a bear market yet. Valuation is still high.

What if you're wrong? The market is very unpredictable. I've been wrong before. I didn't expect the market to do so well in 2017. But luckily I was still invested in the market and did not make any major moves either way. So I will continue to do the same and keep on DCA throughout this downturn.

What if you're wrong? The market is very unpredictable. I've been wrong before. I didn't expect the market to do so well in 2017. But luckily I was still invested in the market and did not make any major moves either way. So I will continue to do the same and keep on DCA throughout this downturn.

I think the upside is small but the downside is huge...in another word: benefits << risk

Is bitcoin going below 3000 before Christmas?

So I assume you're doing a bunch of put options then?

No, I have positioned myself to keep on doing well if the economy goes up but to also benefits if the economy goes down.

Btw, you can search for my posts like my call on the stock market being flat or negative in 2018.

Why so you would be jealous? What do I get?

Well, if you're in here telling us how good you have positioned yourself, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to take a few screenshots and educate the board.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, if you're in here telling us how good you have positioned yourself, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to take a few screenshots and educate the board.

I am too lazy. Besides you are a nobody....don’t need to impress you.

Btw, you can search for my posts like my call on the stock market being flat or negative in 2018.

I would be interested in hearing about your incorrect predictions that you have made in the last 10 years.

Investing and making good money is not as hard as people think. Learn the rules of the game. Know yourself and play to win.

This thread cracks me up sometimes.

I guess no one here is ever wrong.

Reactions: 1 user