The "Is there any further information" secondary prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DBC03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a few schools have prompts asking if there are any additional details that the applicants want the admissions committees to know. If there is no "Why School X?" prompt, is it best to use that space to explain why we have an interest in that school? Or is that just one more essay that adcoms have to read and would rather not?

Members don't see this ad.

So a few schools have prompts asking if there are any additional details that the applicants want the admissions committees to know. If there is no "Why School X?" prompt, is it best to use that space to explain why we have an interest in that school? Or is that just one more essay that adcoms have to read and would rather not?
The latter.
Possible exception if there are any publics that don't have a space for OOS residents to explain ties.

Reactions: 1 users
I found out after I submitted my primary that I was on abstract for an international conference as well as a review article published by the conference. I am on other abstracts but I used this space to mention this one since I assume international conferences are more significant. I also have a strong upward trend so I mentioned stuff about that and how my focus changed. If you have nothing else to put though and the school doesn't ask for a "Why our school" question I would def use it for that

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@gyngyn @LizzyM @Goro - Do you all recommend leaving this blank if there is nothing to add or is it an excellent opportunity to talk more about why you want to attend?

If a school wanted to make you write pages and pages, they would. (Looking at you, Duke/Vandy/UCSD). If it says optional and you don't have something you need it for, leave it alone!

Reactions: 1 users