The Labour Market for Foreign Dentist After DDS/DMD???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osahon7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After successfully completing the 2years IDP program with a debt of about 200k USD. Please what are the employment opportunities for FTDs with DDS like? Especially for Dentist who wishes to be gainfully employed before starting their practice. What are the working conditions like? What those the Financial future holds for FTDs who wishes to be employed? On Average how long those it take to pay off such huge loan? Help please

Members don't see this ad.

All depends on you. If you are a good dentist and want to work, you would be able to make good money and pay off your loan within 5 years. If you made a mistake or just hate what you do, then you can do an income based repayment and probably never pay it off - it should be forgiven after 25 years, I am not sure about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen dentist doing minimal work and still make close to 250 k a year. Even bank will tell you if u work full time you be able to pay off ur loan in 2- 5 yr. Dentists are one of highest paid professionals. Only hardest part is to get in to a dds program.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I have seen dentist doing minimal work and still make close to 250 k a year. Even bank will tell you if u work full time you be able to pay off ur loan in 2- 5 yr. Dentists are one of highest paid professionals. Only hardest part is to get in to a dds program.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
250k as an Employed Dentist after DDS program?

How about green card?

How hard is it to find get someone sponsor the green card?

Thanks

There are lots of corporations, which can sponsor your green card!