The Last Grind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suck at C/P and P/S so I'll drill those until through 8/6. Is anyone else bad at remembering equations/calculations? How did you overcome this problem?

8/7: NS FL 3

8/9: NS FL 4

8/11: NS FL 5

8/14: AAMC 1

8/16: AAMC 2

8/19: Test day

What should I be doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Notecards and lots of practice. Be careful with all of those practice exams so close together. They're draining and it would be better to space them out. There's honestly no shortcut to learning the material. It's just grinding it out and repetition

You're much better off spacing out your practice exams and reviewing them thoroughly. Don't take them just for the sake of taking them ya know?

I suck at C/P and P/S so I'll drill those until through 8/6. Is anyone else bad at remembering equations/calculations? How did you overcome this problem?

8/7: NS FL 3

8/9: NS FL 4

8/11: NS FL 5

8/14: AAMC 1

8/16: AAMC 2

8/19: Test day

What should I be doing?

This is what I would do/ somewhat what I did do.
-Take AAMC FL 1 ASAP (like tomorrow)
-Take two NS exams
-Take AAMC FL 2 a week before the real thing

The AAMC FLs are by far the most indicative of the real thing. Frankly I was surprised how far off most of the 3rd party ones were. I scored a 514 and the thing that helped me most was going over my AAMC FLs, understanding how the passages were framed, how to read for important info.

I think a lot of people get stuck in the mindset that the more FLs you take the better you will do. That's not always the case. With two weeks left, I strongly advise you to focus on AAMC materials, and do really dive into them.

In terms of the equations there's no silver bullet. I made a notebook with all of the physics equations and just memorized them. Labeling what each variable stood for helped me a lot, and in general trying to appreciate the concept behind the math makes it easier.