The Late Applicants Support Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a quick update: 1st interview invite received today from NYU! :)

Stay strong guys, if I can do it, so can you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users

hell yeah! There's hope for us late applicants too!
I can't believe I snatched 2 interviews already, although they are not my top choices at all. :)

Reactions: 1 user
sGPA : 3.36
oGPA : 3.56
AA 19 TS 18 PAT 18 (OCHEM 16)
Mail-out Date : 9/12

Second interview invite! Just got the email from UMKC, had previously already had an interview offer from Creighton as they have a partnership with my undergrad university

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got Interview Invitation from UNLV (scheduled for Dec 5 :(). GPA 3.9+, DAT: 21/21/19. Apps mail out 09/12 (took DAT on 09/11, so official score is not even in yet, but I faxed unofficial score over). I was surprised they are amazingly fast, perhaps because I am in State and is going to their undergraduate.

There is hope for late applicant guys. Keep our head up.

Just got Interview Invitation from UNLV (scheduled for Dec 5 :(). GPA 3.9+, DAT: 21/21/19. Apps mail out 09/12 (took DAT on 09/11, so official score is not even in yet, but I faxed unofficial score over). I was surprised they are amazingly fast, perhaps because I am in State and is going to their undergraduate.

There is hope for late applicant guys. Keep our head up.

you got super lucky and they were extremely accommodating. You are one blessed man/woman!

you got super lucky and they were extremely accommodating. You are one blessed man/woman!
I know right ? Who give out invitation without Official DAT score these day :)? And this is also my top school. I was shocked for a few seconds. I am lucky man today.

For those who applied to NYU how quickly did you get the "application complete and under review" email after you sent in your check. I received an email from them requesting the supplemental fee on the 8/22 and saw that they cashed my check three days later (8/25). But haven't heard from them since. Seeing how some people that submitted their app a few weeks after me and that they've have gotten the application complete email is pretty frustrating.

Ugh I just send my lab professor about my LOR (I know I'm
Late but I'm still giving it a shot and halfway thru my PS) yay! But didn't hear back. I don't have many professors to ask only my orgo and lab professor

Ugh I just send my lab professor about my LOR (I know I'm
Late but I'm still giving it a shot and halfway thru my PS) yay! But didn't hear back. I don't have many professors to ask only my orgo and lab professor

be careful about lab professors because I know some schools are funny about that. Someone correct me if i am wrong.
It is late in the cycle, and there's no guarantee that professor will write it within 2 weeks as you'd hope.
Professors, in my experience, take their damn sweet time to write it. I doubt the reason for them taking long is because they want to write a quality letter. Some are just lazy and don't care!!

Good luck either way. You gotta really get on your professor to get your letters on time!

sGPA - 3.45
oGPA - 3.56

AA/TS/PAT - 20/20/22 (took the test last week of August)

1000+ hrs of Shadowing and a dental assistant.

Worked in as Teaching assistant abroad. Volunteered at GKAS.

Doing research at my graduate school.

AADSAS Submission Date - 9/5
Mailing date - 9/14.

applied to 20 schools, 13 supplementaries already in.

What do you think my chances are? Any encouragement would help at this point :(

Whats your status under school decisions in AADSAS for NYU? I got that email but nothing in AADSAS.

I believe NYU doesn't use ADDSAS when it comes to the 'school decisions' part. They say it in the email. Atleast in mine they did

Has anyone received "Columbia-received AADSAS application" email in late August and recently got an interview invite? My status for Columbia on AADSAS says "Received/Under Review" for a month and nothing changed since late August.... no more pre-december interview left for late applicants....?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can get an invite at any time, its not dependent on your batch. Just relax.

Hmm....
I'm so desperate to get pre-december interviews. checking emails multiple times everyday!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
great idea for a thread. my names jdinners92 and I didnt get everything out till september

20/20/20 dat. 3.7 gpa.
sent my app out to 12 schools.
so far ive just heard back from nova. my interviews february 4th.

guys I think im losing my mind ocer this. I know if I just applied eatlier I would have more interviews and earlier.

Hmm....
I'm so desperate to get pre-december interviews. checking emails multiple times everyday!!!!!!!!!!!

that's right. I get so excited when I hear my phone go off, but then I get a big letdown when it's a stupid spam mail.
I check aadsas portal for no reason multiple times a day haha. I needS some helpS!

Reactions: 4 users
My application was mailed out on 8/29/14 and I got all the interviews to the schools that I applied to, which is only 2 :p, but don't lose hope guys.

Good to see some fellow late app people getting some interview action. I submitted my app somewhat early (mid july), and it was mailed 7/25, but my committee letter wasn't finished until early September and my application complete day was 9/10 or 9/12 I believe. I got my first invite 9/19 from NYU and then 2 today from Penn and Temple. So idk if they are just really fast at reviewing, I'm an exceptional applicant (hahaha definitely not the case), or if the fact that I submitted the majority of my app early helped me out. But if you are submitting your app around nowish, I still think you have a great shot at getting interviews, provided that u have quality stats. Keep your heads up everyone, I'm sure good news is on its way!!!

I was so happy to get two invites last week and now I feel anxious again not hearing from more schools (2 out of 19 so far)
I am still very grateful, but want an invite from state school :(

Good to see some fellow late app people getting some interview action. I submitted my app somewhat early (mid july), and it was mailed 7/25, but my committee letter wasn't finished until early September and my application complete day was 9/10 or 9/12 I believe. I got my first invite 9/19 from NYU and then 2 today from Penn and Temple. So idk if they are just really fast at reviewing, I'm an exceptional applicant (hahaha definitely not the case), or if the fact that I submitted the majority of my app early helped me out. But if you are submitting your app around nowish, I still think you have a great shot at getting interviews, provided that u have quality stats. Keep your heads up everyone, I'm sure good news is on its way!!!

that was pretty late app complete date and you already have very healthy number of interviews very nice!
What's your stats like?

late applicant here too. good to see people getting interviews!!

that was pretty late app complete date and you already have very healthy number of interviews very nice!
What's your stats like?

Thanks for the support!
Got another invite from Columbia today! So kinda exciting, even though I don't have too much interest in going up there.

But im a PA resident with a 3.68 science gpa, and a 3.63 cumulative. I got a 22 AA, 23 TS, 21 bio, 23 gen chem, 25 orgo, 24 RC, 21 PAT, and 18 QR:/ But personally I think that getting interviews and acceptances has a lot more to do with what kind of person you are, and what will make you a good dentist, than people think. Sure, good stats helps get your foot in the door, but they aren't everything.

Thanks for the support!
Got another invite from Columbia today! So kinda exciting, even though I don't have too much interest in going up there.

But im a PA resident with a 3.68 science gpa, and a 3.63 cumulative. I got a 22 AA, 23 TS, 21 bio, 23 gen chem, 25 orgo, 24 RC, 21 PAT, and 18 QR:/ But personally I think that getting interviews and acceptances has a lot more to do with what kind of person you are, and what will make you a good dentist, than people think. Sure, good stats helps get your foot in the door, but they aren't everything.

those are pretty sweet stats. Congrats on columbia invites as well.
I am waiting for my turn :)

I just e-submitted my application this week and AADSAS hasn't mailed it out yet:(
AA25/TS24/PAT22, hope my DAT could make it up...

I just e-submitted my application this week and AADSAS hasn't mailed it out yet:(
AA25/TS24/PAT22, hope my DAT could make it up...

I think they mail it out on Friday, but for some reason, some schools are able to see it before they even mail it out, which I found very odd, but of well.
Your dat is awesome, so anticipate some post-december interviews (or maybe 1 or 2 pre-decembers if lucky)

application to UConn finished yesterday and interview invite today! I'm pumped!

Reactions: 2 users

Wow that's really fast. I was surprised when I got an invite a couple of days within my mail-out date, but you got one the next day. Congrats!

Hi, i am just wondering how long it took AADSAS to calculate your GPA and mail out the application once you submitted

Hi, i am just wondering how long it took AADSAS to calculate your GPA and mail out the application once you submitted

Just to give some context, my GPA was verified in ~3 business days and my app was sent out that Friday. This was all in September. Much faster than the 4-6 weeks they approximate.

Just to give some context, my GPA was verified in ~3 business days and my app was sent out that Friday. This was all in September. Much faster than the 4-6 weeks they approximate.
Thanks! it has been 5 business days and mine is still not posted...

e-submitted Sept 18th, transcripts in Sept 24th and now waiting for verification. None of my LORs are in yet...

Sent in my app Boston Univ sent me supplemental

They finished calculating my GPA last Friday, and now I have to wait for one extra week until the application get mailed out...

I'm so glad this thread exists. I too am a late applicant. I blame poor advising and general procrastination. I'm from Alaska so OOS is my only option. I picked 10 schools and wishing id selected them a bit more carefully! My stats aren't terrific, but I'm really hoping for an interview to showcase my actual self, and not just what's on paper. I esubmitted 9/6 and mail out was 9/19. GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 2.97 (damn math). 20 AA, 18 Ts, 19 PAT, 25 RC, 18 quant. Due to a glitch or computer issues my final LOR should be processed anyday now. Basically my only bragging right is that I have around 3000 paid/shadow hours! Good luck to all of us late applicants!!

I'm so glad this thread exists. I too am a late applicant. I blame poor advising and general procrastination. I'm from Alaska so OOS is my only option. I picked 10 schools and wishing id selected them a bit more carefully! My stats aren't terrific, but I'm really hoping for an interview to showcase my actual self, and not just what's on paper. I esubmitted 9/6 and mail out was 9/19. GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 2.97 (damn math). 20 AA, 18 Ts, 19 PAT, 25 RC, 18 quant. Due to a glitch or computer issues my final LOR should be processed anyday now. Basically my only bragging right is that I have around 3000 paid/shadow hours! Good luck to all of us late applicants!!
Good Luck :)... Mine mailed out on 19th as wel... Now waiting to hear back from schools and hopefully getting interviews :)

Any supplementals yet? I got one from UW today and I'm pretty sure I could hear the angels singing.

My application is going to be mailed out 10/3, but the school has already received my application. hmmm wired, but I am super nervous now! GPA 3.62, 25AA, 24TS, 22PAT, 22RC, 27QR. I am checking my email THOUSANDS of times everyday. Good luck to all of us!!!

Reactions: 2 users
My application is going to be mailed out 10/3, but the school has already received my application. hmmm wired, but I am super nervous now! GPA 3.62, 25AA, 24TS, 22PAT, 22RC, 27QR. I am checking my email THOUSANDS of times everyday. Good luck to all of us!!!

I think most schools choose to review applications online, which is why this is the case.

Your stats look pretty good. Hopefully you can get a pre-December interview!

Do you know if NYU (or other schools) started reviewing your app when they received it or when the DAT scores were uploaded? That was a quick turnaround -- congrats!

How long did it take to verify your GPA? It has been 2 weeks and my GPA is still not verified. Thanks

Just received supplemental app from maryland.....

OOS, just started working on supp
app complete at UMD: 9/19
pre-req email received (biochem): 9/26
supplemental app: 10/3

Hopefully this is a good month. I'm starting to feel hopeless. :( Does anyone know if there are a lot of interviews for October or November?
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.42, AA/TS/PAT 20/21/20, 9/12/15 (12th Batch), KS Resident, Applied to 12 schools

Hopefully this is a good month. I'm starting to feel hopeless. :( Does anyone know if there are a lot of interviews for October or November?
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.42, AA/TS/PAT 20/21/20, 9/12/15 (12th Batch), KS Resident, Applied to 12 schools
First of all, don't feel hopeless. Hopefully you will hear back from schools soon... Not sure which schools you have applied but I know MWU Arizona has started giving out Jan dates for interviews! ... Good luck :)

It really depends on the schools you applied to. Some schools reply quickly and have available dates before December. Others don't reply as quickly and by then they don't have pre-December interviews.

With all of this waiting anxiety I've grown to look forward to business hours Monday-Friday hahah. Not that weekends really exist anyway.