The Latest in the Ophtho Forum: This is a Good One

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who is this guy?

This thread is beyond words.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=583312

The initial post is "insulting" to the point of being comical. How does one even begin to debate someone who reveals himself to be such a *****?

Whomever wrote it is a pathetic, sad, sad soul.

I think the OD forums can now officially deflect all criticisms about us having idiotic contributors.
The ophthalmology forum has now proven they are prone to having such contributors too.

The fact that you were compelled to respond to that posting is only marginally less pathetic and sad. You don't debate people or postings like that. You ignore them.

That thread was immediately closed down and all it contained was a simple drive by insult. Don't even give it the dignity of a response.

So your impulse would be to let that post receive OMD support and fester?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
KHE was right about your post. It was obviously a troll, so the fact that you felt compelled to go to ophth. board to respond to a troll is quite pathetic and sad.

KHE was right about your post. It was obviously a troll, so the fact that you felt compelled to go to ophth. board to respond to a troll is quite pathetic and sad.

I don't agree. BS needs to be pointed out, otherwise people believe it.

For example: A poll was taken with Obama voters. Most of them knew none of the issues (in fact most thought the GOP controlled congress) but knew all the bad things his millions of dollars of ads had said negatively about McCain/Palin.

I don't agree. BS needs to be pointed out, otherwise people believe it.

For example: A poll was taken with Obama voters. Most of them knew none of the issues (in fact most thought the GOP controlled congress) but knew all the bad things his millions of dollars of ads had said negatively about McCain/Palin.

That poll was ******ed and many of the "facts" they asked about were anything but. As I recall, one of the "facts" was something to the effect of "Did you know Obama won his first election only because he got the other candidate kicked off the ballot?" And "Did you know Obama's policies will likely bankrupt the coal industry?" The guy who did that poll was a political hack and it wouldn't be tough for a democrat to come up with the same thing to make republicans look stupid.

SPeaking of stupid, I know the uber-right wing christian conservatives in my own family still think Obama is Muslim and STILL think he's going to be sworn in on the Koran. At least that's what they told me at Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

An oldie but a goodie....
1330873foxnewsgraph.jpg

I guess those evil liberals and their evil media sources aren't so stupid after all.

That poll was ******ed and many of the "facts" they asked about were anything but. As I recall, one of the "facts" was something to the effect of "Did you know Obama won his first election only because he got the other candidate kicked off the ballot?" And "Did you know Obama's policies will likely bankrupt the coal industry?" The guy who did that poll was a political hack and it wouldn't be tough for a democrat to come up with the same thing to make republicans look stupid.

SPeaking of stupid, I know the uber-right wing christian conservatives in my own family still think Obama is Muslim and STILL think he's going to be sworn in on the Koran. At least that's what they told me at Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

An oldie but a goodie....
1330873foxnewsgraph.jpg

I guess those evil liberals and their evil media sources aren't so stupid after all.

Now that we are off topic. That is a poorly done study. If you add up the liberal media (basically all of it) I am sure there are more in that camp vs. 1 network.

Did you not see the PEW research study that showed that the major networks were overwhelmingly skewed to Oboma? In fact Fox was very balanced with the same % of negative comments for both.

I don't care about some stuff in the study I talked about, but the fact that more thought SNL portraits of Palin were true than who controlled congress is a problem. Most were college educated as well.

The 12 "Zogby" questions were duplicated, one on the Keating scandal was added for extra balance. The results from Obama voters were virtually IDENTICAL in both polls.
Here are the highlights:
35 % of McCain voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
18% of Obama voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
McCain voters knew which party controls congress by a 63-27 margin.
Obama voters got the "congressional control" question wrong by 43-41.
Those that got "congressional control" correct voted 56-43 for McCain.
Those that got "congressional control" wrong voted 65-35 for Obama.

I don't care about some stuff in the study I talked about, but the fact that more thought SNL portraits of Palin were true than who controlled congress is a problem. Most were college educated as well.

As sad is it was, if you compared the SNL spoof of Palin's interview with Katie Couric to the actual interview, the exaggerations weren't all that extreme. (Not that anyone should use SNL as a news source, just saying she made it easy to be mocked)

Explain to me how my post dignified the original post. It does not.

Last edited:

Explain to me how my post dignified the original post. It does not.

Last edited:
qwopty99,

I agree with you 100%! Sure ignoring posts like that is one way of dealing with it. Your response was concise and effective understating the fact that some of the "Optometrists" on this forum should demonstrate a "stiff upper lip" now and then versus flacidity.

qwopty99,

I agree with you 100%! Sure ignoring posts like that is one way of dealing with it. Your response was concise and effective understating the fact that some of the "Optometrists" on this forum should demonstrate a "stiff upper lip" now and then versus flacidity.

Why the "optometrists" in quotations?? I suppose we're not real ODs because we don't spend all our time here trying to pick fights with OMDs or screaming about how much education we have or trying to get everyone to call us physicians? Sorry, students, some of us don't have giant chips on our shoulder.

What is really funny is all you folks are criticizing my post, when the post that deserves criticism is the one that I responded to.

Explain to me how my post dignified the original post. It does not. I had thought about not replying, but had I not, an OMD forumite could have and that would've allowed the thread to fester.

The reality is your commentary above is just a rehash of what KHE said, and it is unoriginal, pathetic and sad.

There is a little icon in the bottom of every post used for reporting said posts to the moderators. Try using that, it sure does beat sinking to the level of such people.

Or you could just ignore them. We're all marginally adults here (I refuse to admit I am, but maybe that's just me). Medicine (and I include optometry in this) is FULL of bickering. You either learn to ignore it or you end up bitter and resenting your colleagues.

Why the "optometrists" in quotations?? I suppose we're not real ODs because we don't spend all our time here trying to pick fights with OMDs or screaming about how much education we have or trying to get everyone to call us physicians? Sorry, students, some of us don't have giant chips on our shoulder.

You're just mad because South Dakota won't see the sun again until June :p

You're just mad because South Dakota won't see the sun again until June :p

You're damn right I am. We did hit 29F today, but it sure as hell didn't feel like it. Only 2.5 weeks until the days start getting longer!