Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

The Letter of Interest

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Apparition, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm writing it to a school that waitslisted me. I really loved the place but I can't write the letter of intent because there is a school I would choose over it that hasn't interviewed me. So how do I word it? Do I address it to the admissions committe? Do I give them any new information about my file? Do I say that they are a one of my top choices? How much I liked the school? Basically, what goes into a letter of interest? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Guys...really need help with this...

4. diosa428

diosa428 SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

It depends upon the school. Most schools will tell you that they're not going to start taking ppl off the waitlist until March, May, or whenever. If that's the case, wait a couple of months to see if you get an interview at your top choice. If not, then write a letter of intent, which will hold a lot more weight. If, however, you're really anxious, write them a letter explaining everything that you like about the school and why you think you'd be a good fit there, and def update them on anything new that you've been doing since your initial application.