Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I hear people say that the MCAT isn't everything in the admissions process. What is the lowest score you've ever heard of that someone was able to get into a US MD program? (in recent years)

xlithiumx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
Status
Monkeygirl said:
I hear people say that the MCAT isn't everything in the admissions process. What is the lowest score you've ever heard of that someone was able to get into a US MD program? (in recent years)
This doesn't belong here, ask in pre-allo.

DHMO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
Status
Monkeygirl said:

About the Ads

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monkeygirl said:
Whoa. When we say that the mcat isn't everything in the admissions process, we don't mean to say that it isn't important because it is. Med schools are looking for students who are almost guaranteed to be able to pass the boards and handle the med school curriculum, and adcom members told me that this insurance happens around the 3.5 gpa and 30 mcat mark. Taking in students with a really low mcat tends to be more of a risk to schools because statistically, they are less likely to pass the boards.

Also, keep in mind that students with super low mcat scores who are being admitted to US schools probably have a lot going for them-- high gpas, extensive ec's, advanced degrees, large breasts, etc.

mustangsally65

Sally 2.0
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Strawberry Field
Status
silas2642 said:
Also, keep in mind that students with super low mcat scores who are being admitted to US schools probably have a lot going for them-- high gpas, extensive ec's, advanced degrees, large breasts, etc.
I'm being discriminated against! :mad: I have a low MCAT and a high GPA, and am well-endowed. No one's shown me any love for the past two application cycles.

:laugh:

njbmd

Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2001
Gone Walkabout!
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Hi there,
This is a duplicate of a thread in pre-allo and I am therefore closing. Feel free to contribute to the one in Pre-allo if you like.

njbmd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads