The many problems in US healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gatewayhoward

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we all know here that there are many, many many problems with healthcare in the US. So is the system to screwed that I should forget about becoming a physician? Personally, I'm going to deal with whatever comes at me but I just want to know what other people think.

Members don't see this ad.

Gatewayhoward said:
So we all know here that there are many, many many problems with healthcare in the US. So is the system to screwed that I should forget about becoming a physician? Personally, I'm going to deal with whatever comes at me but I just want to know what other people think.

I try to ignore all the "politics" and just deal with the pathology :laugh: . Just kidding, but really there are a lot of problems and it could get overwhelming if you think about it too much. It's the only thing I could see myself doing at this point....even if the pay wasn't very good.

Gatewayhoward said:
So we all know here that there are many, many many problems with healthcare in the US. So is the system to screwed that I should forget about becoming a physician?

There are a lot of things wrong with professional baseball as well. Yet, I'll bet you that every single one of those whiny, overpaid, superstars began playing simply because they loved the game. If a youngster walks up to me today and says, "Is the system too screwed that I should forget about becoming a baseball player?"...I'd tell him, "No, son. You should follow your dreams." Why should I answer any differently for medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Gatewayhoward said:
there are problems in anything. the grass is always greener on the other side. its still a good, well paying, respectable job. what alternatives would you consider? few careers compare to medicine in many respects. besides, ever thought of trying to contribute to solve problems? surely someone/people have to do it. there could be money and impact to be made. if you think its interesting go for it. if youre looking at medicine solely for practical reasons, which is totally fine, then maybe weigh alternatives. what an obvious post i made, i didnt reveal anything insightful :sleep: its late

scpod said:
There are a lot of things wrong with professional baseball as well. Yet, I'll bet you that every single one of those whiny, overpaid, superstars began playing simply because they loved the game. If a youngster walks up to me today and says, "Is the system too screwed that I should forget about becoming a baseball player?"...I'd tell him, "No, son. You should follow your dreams." Why should I answer any differently for medicine?

I do not like to split hairs but I will. The only thing wrong with professional baseball is that the owners do not have leverage on their players. Players in the MLB players association have it made, by far they have the best system for the players in all of sports. I guarantee you that pretty much all NFL players would like to have the MLB system. It is much better for there pockets.

CTSballer11 said:
I do not like to split hairs but I will. The only thing wrong with professional baseball is that the owners do not have leverage on their players. Players in the MLB players association have it made, by far they have the best system for the players in all of sports. I guarantee you that pretty much all NFL players would like to have the MLB system. It is much better for there pockets.
sounds like NYC public transportation workers