1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

The MCAT Blues - Something I'd thought I'd share

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Richie Truxillo, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Richie Truxillo

Richie Truxillo Your Scut Monkey Mentor
    Physician SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had to take the MCAT 3 times before finally getting into school, so I echo everyone's frustration on the most pointless test known to man. Therefore I recorded a song back in 2002 to get all these emotions out. Granted it isn't the best sounding thing as it was done on the fly, but hope ya'll get a chuckle out of it. ;P

http://www.richietruxillo.com/MCATBlues.mp3

-Richie

2. Kazema

Kazema In a kingdom by the sea
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Someone actually posted this a few days after the MCAT. Looks like your fame has preceded you :laugh: .

Great song, btw ;).

3. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Great song man ..... I have already downloaded it ..... hope you don't mind :D

4. Richie Truxillo

Attending Physician
    Not one bit hehe My music is free to download and I have small recording contract I just haven't finished either one of my albums yet cause I've been working full time to make ends meet :) Even when the album comes out, I'll always keep it up for download on MP3. I'm not an RIAA nazi like a good deal of the recording industry. :p Besides, it's just a hobby mainly for fun.

Best of luck to all of you taking the MCAT.

I took my useless Kaplan book and burned it and sprinkled the ashes over the ocean hehe. Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis is barnone the best exam prep you can get! I still have that dumb "That's the Peak" song running through my head from the NMR discussions :p

-Richie

5. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Funny song! Verbal Reasoning makes you want to be illiterate too?? Great song. :thumbup:

6. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Man I was reading up on your previous MCAT stories...... did you really apply to ECU 4 times ..... I think that alone should have qualified you for a seat there ..... Well in the end all that matters is that you are going to be a doctor :thumbup:

Good Luck with med school and your up coming album

7. RAwe

RAwe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Richie if I were you I'd do something to make some cash off that song. If your not the first then you'll be one of the few to have a song like that out. Imagine a some comp., uses it as their song commerical logo.....= lots a royalties for richie :thumbup:
    COMMERCIAL: "I got the MCAT blluuessss".... MODERATOR: "Have you got the blues?"....Pick KAPLAN

8. Richie Truxillo

Attending Physician
    Yep this is my 4th time around at ECU still waiting for an answer :sleep:

9. synapse lapse

synapse lapse tokyo robotic
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I hope you get in. The song was great, I hope you don't mind but I added a link to my Aim profile as I'll be taking the MCAT in august oh yes :) Thanks for the entertainment.

10. Richie Truxillo

Attending Physician
    Sure ;) if my .com it's down you can download from the label site.

www.ampcast.com/richie

Got my other shiznit up there too. Like I said, I don't mind ya sharing with others :thumbup:

-Richie

11. Great song dude. Quite thankfully you got into med school.
    Cheers