The MCAT diet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We've covered MCAT snacks, MCAT lunch and MCAT breakfast. I was wondering if there was an entire diet I could try? (and if it doesn't involve coffee - then I don't want to know!)

sorry - I just did a practice exam and am de-toxing the score I got by being idioitic on here.... ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i find grazing on grass all day really keeps me trim! i've cut out the dandelions lately, and i'm seeing dramatic improvement on my wasteline.

thats because the cellulose provides bulk but you are unable to digest the beta-linkages...oh my god - MCAT fever!!

you're one up on me boy wonder. i can never remember if cellulose has alpha or beta linkages. hopefully i'll remember now.

p.s. i'm getting REALLY excited that the mcat is almost over!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, since Lola's a bovine member, the bacteria in one of her (four stomachs?) will digest the beta linkeages :)

I need to STOP...7 days left all :)

Originally posted by lola
you're one up on me boy wonder. i can never remember if cellulose has alpha or beta linkages. hopefully i'll remember now.

p.s. i'm getting REALLY excited that the mcat is almost over!!

Here's how I remember the difference between alpha and beta linkages. For an alpha linkage, the OH group on the anomeric carbon (C-1) is opposite in direction to the methyl group. For beta linkages, the OH is in the same direction as the methyl group. For instance, if the methyl group is pointing up, then the OH group on the anomeric carbon of a beta linkage is also pointing up. Oh, I just thought of something that can help you remember, bovines can digest beta linkages with the help of bacteria. The 3 B's. :D

Oops, I forgot to mention that I was talking about the ring form of glucose.

from the beginning of april up until the april mcat, i lived off a diet of taco bell, twizzlers, and those bite-size snickers. amazingly, i LOST two pounds. just goes to show what a little stress will do to you ;)