5th Annual Premed Scholarship Course for Underrepresented Minorities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATdisciple

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Event: MCAT, AMCAS, and Interview Preparatory Course Scholarship
Details on this course may be found at mcatdisciple.com/scholarship
Event Timing: 6/5*/21 - 8/31/21 7am-5pm minimum 5 days/week | Access to course materials until end of 2021 testing cycle | Students may finish prior to 8/31/21.
Event Address: Online
Cost: FREE
Deadline to apply: 5/25/21

*start date subject to small change

Hello, my name is Laureano Andrade Vicenty, MD21. I conduct this annual scholarship course to combat barriers to medical school admission, specifically those created and propagated by structural racism, in part, via a pattern of substandard education and appraisal through disparately funded school districts taking identical assessment exams. My desire is that the consequences of my actions lead to improved healthcare outcomes and decreased disparities within the U.S. healthcare system.

Program participants will receive a full medical college admissions test (MCAT), medical school application (AMCAS), and interview preparation course, which includes 20 hours of group preparation and 10 hours of private tutoring, 80+ 90-minute lectures and associated quizzes, a review of their AMCAS application, a mock interview, and a volunteer physician or medical student mentor. Course access will last until the end of the 2021 testing cycle.

We will be accepting thirty applicants this year.

The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) definition of underrepresented in medicine (URM) means those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population.

This includes but is not limited to Blacks, Latinos, and Native Americans (that is, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians). LGBTQ and those who have shown a commitment to helping the medically under-served and/or vulnerable populations are also invited to apply.

Full admission criteria below:

1. Have completed (or near completed) the premedical pre-reqs.
2. Have rather open availability (I.E. no full-time job or full-time student [this program requires you to study 8 hours a day]).
3. Be a URM or an ally of the medically under-served.
4. Be ready to work!
5. Like The MCAT Disciples on Facebook (facebook.com/mcatdisciples)
6. Subscribe to The MCAT Disciples on YouTube (Premed Disciples)
7. Follow The MCAT Disciples on Instagram (instagram.com/premeddisciples)
8. Leave a review about our course upon completion of the program.
9. Be willing to schedule an MCAT exam date during the 2021 MCAT testing cycle (before September 28th, 2021)
10. Be willing to use your social media accounts to help promote our courses upon request for up to a year.
11. Have completed at-least 20 hours of community service in an under-served community, free clinic, or medical minority non-profit organization with a reference. Examples qualifying service in a non-profit minority organizations includes, but are not limited to E-board members of MiMentor, Minority Association of Pre-medical Students (MAPS), Latino Medical Student Association + (LMSA+), or Mentoring in Medicine (MIM).

If this interests you, please read more/fill out our application at mcatdisciple.com/scholarship

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a reminder that this scholarship is now accepting applications again for the 2020 MCAT application cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
This is a reminder that this scholarship is now accepting applications for the 2021 Medical School Application cycle!