The MCAT Prediction! AAMC Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TraumaTech22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So.... my MCAT is officially a month away and I am curious as to what the future holds for my score. About 3 weeks ago I took the AAMC and got a 502 (126/123/126/127 CARS killed me). Disappointed, I cranked up my studying a couple notches. Well today I took the AAMC Sample test and got 56% 77% 86% 86%. I tried using an online calculator and it said this score is anywhere from a 508 to a 512. (Im still going to repeat the question banks and do FL 2 and 3).

Does anyone know if this is accurate? What are my chances of hitting my goal of a 508+ on the actual exam? Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

The Sample test is not a good predictor (Sorry to burst your bubble) as the CARS section is made to be way easier than the actual thing.

Your B/B and P/S scores are good. Your C/P score is a bit concerning.

I would take AAMC FL2. If you get a 506+ then you could hit a 508 on the actual thing. At this point it’s kind of hard to know from your current set of scores.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
The Sample test is not a good predictor (Sorry to burst your bubble) as the CARS section is made to be way easier than the actual thing.

Your B/B and P/S scores are good. Your C/P score is a bit concerning.

I would take AAMC FL2. If you get a 506+ then you could hit a 508 on the actual thing. At this point it’s kind of hard to know from your current set of scores.

Yeah I figured that was the case as the CARS section was actually readable... However I felt like the C/P and B/B were like other FL that I have taken. That being said, I will be reviewing the sample and the AAMC SB over the next few days before I take FL 2. I have a really strong app aside from the MCAT, so honestly a 506 would be nice for me right about now.