The MCAT Twitter Thread (AKA MCAT-oholics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so many of us are in the same boat, right?

We all have to take this exam, and lets be honest, it sucks. It's a roadblock and it's annoying. But we HAVE to do it, so we might as well enjoy it.

At the same time, I think having a 'support group' would be helpful. So why not post about MCAT trials/tribulations here?

Did you have an awesome study session? Grasp concept that you were having trouble with? Beast that practice test?

If so, post!

Did you have a crappy study session? Are you failing miserably at figuring out something seemingly simple? Just get frustrated at that practice exam you just took?

If so, post!

MCAT-oholics unite!

Members don't see this ad.

tell me about it, i'm already forgetting some physics I studied a while ago. need to referesh that before practice tests. been attacking chemistry for a while now. As quoted from BR 'for solving any gas questions, critical that you use temperature in terms of kelvins, otherwise you will encounter much sadness & dismay.' in the midst of that dismay after scoring my passages!

Is there any ways to not forget those? I hate having go back and review once again to forget again later.

if its any consolation:
I've been maintaining a 1-2 hr study schedule for past 3 or so odd months and have finished first pass at content review w/ one set of books. With another set while trying to solve topic-specific passages, esp if passages involve inter-disciplinary or inter-topic thought process, i've found that
- 3-4 out of 10 times i have the right idea on how to approach the problem, but still i don't get to the right answer because either i can't remember the darn formula or can't skip a step in the logic or get so deeply involved in figuring out the formula that i forget the big picture
- 3 out of 10 times both approach and formula are right but a silly mistake in conversion or a misplaced decimal point or insanely idiotic mistake like 1 hr == 100 minutes !! (happened after a really long day and 9th passage into it) gets me the wrong answer
- 1 out of 10 times everything is right but i pick the wrong answer in haste;
- remainder times i have no clue as to how to begin answering the question

so hopefully, over the course of next few months, some of these kinks would be ironed out to ensure that i get the questions on topics i know right :)

if its any consolation

It would be consolation if my success was inversely correlated with yours. :p

I've made equally dumb mistakes. I find when I'm doing practice passages in TPR science workbook, I make a truly amazing amount of genius errors. Although I could hardly say I'm actually completely focused on the passage/answers...

Done with E&M

Oscillations and Waves - TPR

Discretes: 31 /33 - two superbly dumb errors again

39: 6/6
40: 6/6
41: 5/5
42: 5/6 -Legit error.
43: 7/7
44: 4/5- Decreases by 20% is not the same as 20% of
45: 5/6 - Legit.
46: 9/9 -WTF 9 problems
47: 2/6- uhhhh, I will end with that for now....fail.
48-51: [Saved]

49/56 = 87.5%

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
After two 37's on AAMC's, I just got hammered on a TBR I forgot to take (tbr 3) with a 35 (13-10-12). I think that number is inflated due to the ridiculous scale (miss 10 questions and still get a 13). It's not so much the score but the crappy performance on my part. No more human error from here on out, 1 more month in my pursuit of a 40.

Last edited:
Tomorrow begins the 9 days of MCAT content review.

I think I'm going to get up and study, take a break to go to the gym, study some more, then go out with friends. Take TBR 3 on sunday.

Lets see how the week shapes up. I'm gunning to finish a 2nd run through of content this week. Huzzah!

In a little bit of a bind.

As I said, I'm off this entire week to study. I know that I'm taking a test on thursday next week and probably on sunday.

Now I need to figure out if I want to take one tomorrow or if I just want to concentrate on content review from now till thursday so I can feel like I've made a good deal of progress and then take the test thurs feeling like a million bucks.

Test is on may 20th, and I'll still have an entire month from april 20-may 20 to do practice. I'm probably going to take 2 tests a week during that time.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of skipping the test tomorrow (already taken 4) and just doing review so I feel better prepared for the thurs test and then seeing how it goes. I'm thinking of doing this? Any SDN'ers want to comment?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Go ahead and wait if you're not well rested/feel ready, but know that if you miss any more tests, you probably won't have time to make it up since 2/week is already a lot.

test is may 26th will be done with physics and chem by Friday, though I feel like I need a week to refresh physics before I take my first FL.....probably will spend ~10 days doing orgo and just passages/no content review for bio

Go ahead and wait if you're not well rested/feel ready, but know that if you miss any more tests, you probably won't have time to make it up since 2/week is already a lot.

I've taken 4 already. 2 tbr and 2 aamc.

Got 6 aamc and 7 tbr left. Trying to figure out what to do.

If I start the aamc's on april 20th and do 2 a week, then i'll get done by the test date with time to spare. In fact, if I do 2 tbr's next week and the week after, I'll finish 6 tbr's before hitting the rest of the aamcs. I guess i just feel obligated to use up the materials I have right now. Don't know if I should try doing that. I guess 4-6 tbr's + all the AAMC's are plenty of practice.

I think that time will be better spent studying right now. Who knows...

Last edited:
(soon) DONE WITH PS!!! Tomorrow....chug out every 4th question on EK1001's and do some ICC passages. Biology should be a breeze, I got a 9 on the first practice TPR FL I did, just brush up on that, do some O-chem and focus on verbal. Finish the PS section I did on AAMC#10 and see what I get.

Sound, Light, and Optics - TPR Science Workbook

Discretes: /98 !!! 98 freakin questions.

52:
53:
54:
55:
56:
57:
58:
59:
60-62: [Saved]

AAMC#10
PS13
BS9 //No content review yet....had about 8min left...shoulda checked answers.
VR?

Last edited:
so i just did my first aamc practice test and it really helped me realise my weakness - BS! well, i haven't really reviewed organic so that was quite a pain. i feel the bio was more comprehension-like rather than recall of facts. And I kinda skimmed the passages like what I did for PS - big mistake. well, it can only get better from here! on a good note, i've found out i'm decent in verbal. goodluck with the studying everyone!!

This week is off from work to study, buttt I think I'm coming down with an upper respiratory bug. Huzzah!

Feel human enough right now so I'm going to get out of the house. Goal is to finish kaplan gen chem by 6-7, eat dinner then start nova physics tonight.

I want to do 3 verbal exams between now and sunday as well. I might take one later tonight.

Good luck all!

Couldn't concentrate at all yesterday. I'll finish those lenses questions another time as well as the passages. For now biology, need to tweak that 9 up to a 13, content review time + passages.

Online: Biochemistry + Molecular Biology + Microbiology

Passages

Biochemistry 1: 100
Molecular Biology 1: 86
Microbiology 1:

Question Sets

Biochemistry: 100
Molecular Biology: 56 (-_-)
Microbiology: 86

Workbook: Biochemistry + Molecular Biology + Microbiology

Biochem

Question Set: 7/8 -Easy mistake, as usual.

P1: 7/8 - In reference to means we are talking about the organism and not the solution it is in!
P2: 6/7 - -1 on Ochem related Optical Activity, wtf haven't even gone over that yet
P3: 6/6 ...Better
P4-P6: [Saved]

90.4%

Mo Bio

Question Set: 10/12 -no comment,

P7: 6/8 - I disagree Mr. "Infer"
P8: 8/8
P9: 7/7
P10: 7/7

93.3%

Micro Bio

Question Set: 8/10 Missed two due to lack of passion for memorizing fungi/kingdoms

P13: 6/7 - READ to verify! Don't just look at the figures.
P14: 7/8 - lame. calculate titers
P15: 7/8 WTF
P16: 5/5
P17: 5/5
P18: 6/6

36/39 = 92.3%

In the answer choices: Rotting Food, Semen. Awesome.

In Class Compendium

Physics

P1: 3/5 [Owned!- need to review tension]
P2: 6/6

Chemistry

P5: 6/6
P6: 5/6

Online Review

TPR Online Review- Physics

P1: 86% uhh ok, in line with previous stuff
P2: 100%
P3: 100%

TPR Online Review - Chemistry

P1: 83% - Dilutions do not affect BUFFERS duh.
P2. 83% - CO2's dipole moment? 0

//Finished 4/8

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
MP, I have no idea what any of that means lol.

LOL! I'm just posting how I do on the practice materials. I'm also able to look back and see how lazy I am by what commitments I'd profess vs. when I actually complete them by looking at the date of the posts vs. when I edit them.

LOL! I'm just posting how I do on the practice materials. I'm also able to look back and see how lazy I am by what commitments I'd profess vs. when I actually complete them by looking at the date of the posts vs. when I edit them.

But I swear its not english! Are the P's passages? Problems? Number of times you had to poop?
Haha you have to explain what you did and what it might mean because I just get cross eyed everytime I see it.

But I swear its not english! Are the P's passages? Problems? Number of times you had to poop?
Haha you have to explain what you did and what it might mean because I just get cross eyed everytime I see it.

P is for the passage #, as you can tell I'm quite inconsistent with labeling! It's more self-referential. It would make more sense if you had the workbook

Ahhh I get it now. Yea I've been doing more or less the same passages in the TPR science workbook. It appears my aspirations were higher than what I did, and while I wanted to complete the TPR science physics+chem I've done a little over half of these. Very helpful however, and I plan on finishing before my upcoming test in 3 weeks.

I was getting confused because a lot of things don't have any %'s next to them. Guessing those are the ones you haven't done yet?

In any event, today I finished content review from kaplan's gen chem book and got through 3 chapters of NOVA physics.

Going to get checked up tomorrow morning at 9 to see what this bug is, then going to do more nova and take a VR test.

I think I want to finish NOVA physics by tuesday night. I think I also want to do 1 EK 101 exam tomorrow and weds.

When I saw finish NOVA I mean finish content, I'm not doing any passages right now. I'm going to do those after finishing content so I can go back and brush up on things that I'm not good at.

So this is what the week should look like.

Tues/weds: 1-2 Ek 101 and NOVA physics.
Thurs AM: TBR 3
Fri/Sat: 1-2 EK 101 and Kaplan bio.
Sunday: AAMC 5 maybe? If not then TBR 4.

mp, i've also never understood your posts! but it's all clear now:)

just wondering, what material have you guys been using for bio practice?

I have the ek bio 1001 book but realised a few people on this forum saying its too easy? (just started on it today and not finding it easy). BS is my weakness, i got a 11/11/8 for aamc 3 and quite frankly i got a couple of lucky guesses to even get that 8.

Hi sacha. I've been using TPR science workbook + TBR for bio practice, followed last by EK 1001.

Half of my TBR books came yesterday, the rest should be here today or tomorrow. My EK books should all be here thursday. Looks like I'll be able to start studying next week (3 weeks earlier than I thought I would) and I'm actually excited this time around. Last time (3 years ago) it just felt like a burden and a chore. Hopefully feeling this motivated is a good sign.

I did some of the EK1001 bio but it's not that good. Also, going over one of the passages I noticed an error on the carbonic anhydrase (or something like that) passage. At that point I was so frustrated I pretty much decided to side with TPRH Workbook who consulted actual MDs/PhDs. Much better. I took one of the AAMC bios and it definitely reflects the type of questions/thinking.

Have only 5 chapters of NOVA physics left. I think I'm getting more out of reading NOVA and following along on their practice stuffs. I'll start doing their passages later but that's where it'll come together.

I think I might actually go to work on friday because I think that day off would be better spent in early may so I can double up on practice exams (i.e. friday and sunday) or something like that.

Planning on taking a verbal exam around 10 tonight. Lets see how that comes together.

Half of my TBR books came yesterday, the rest should be here today or tomorrow. My EK books should all be here thursday. Looks like I'll be able to start studying next week (3 weeks earlier than I thought I would) and I'm actually excited this time around. Last time (3 years ago) it just felt like a burden and a chore. Hopefully feeling this motivated is a good sign.

Make good use of the feeling and don't get too over zealous. You need to take a break here and then even if you don't feel like you need it. Burnout creeps up on ya!

blah, bio is tough for me. I'm still doing content, but my score today was blah. I think it's all the convoluted language of the passage. And the section had a lot about bacteria and the immune system *eek*

Also, I suck at torque and gave myself a headache by trying to fruitlessly solve a problem for an hour. Still don't get it. Hopefully the SDN question forum will come to the rescue.

Hi sacha. I've been using TPR science workbook + TBR for bio practice, followed last by EK 1001.

thanks! but why do you do them in that order? Isn't EK considered to be easier followed by TPR and then TBR? since you have all 3, which do you think reflects the aamcs the most? or the mcat, if you've done it before..

I did some of the EK1001 bio but it's not that good. Also, going over one of the passages I noticed an error on the carbonic anhydrase (or something like that) passage. At that point I was so frustrated I pretty much decided to side with TPRH Workbook who consulted actual MDs/PhDs. Much better. I took one of the AAMC bios and it definitely reflects the type of questions/thinking.

yeah, i think there are a few mistakes in all of the ek books actually. awesome that the science workbook reflects the aamc bio. now i just need to try getting my hands on that book!

thanks! but why do you do them in that order? Isn't EK considered to be easier followed by TPR and then TBR? since you have all 3, which do you think reflects the aamcs the most? or the mcat, if you've done it before..

yeah, i think there are a few mistakes in all of the ek books actually. awesome that the science workbook reflects the aamc bio. now i just need to try getting my hands on that book!

Well, they say the best way to get good at a new sport is to play with the pros. I wanted the hardest possible passages from day 1, and saved the easiest for last. I am quite happy with my review thus far, as I feel I know almost every topic inside out, and have seen dozens of different versions of each.

Took that EK test and I was fading pretty hard at the end from being tired and wanting to go to bed.

I had 10 mins left for the last passage but pretty much fell asleep sitting up for part of it. Ended up missing 3 questions that I didn't finish due to time. I took an extra minute to finish them and got 1 of them right.

Anyway, if I don't count the 3 questions, I got a 30/40, if I count them I got a 31/40. Still getting 10's on EK 101. I really need to figure out what I can do to get those last 3-4 questions right. Getting 4 more right would bump me to a 12. That'd be nice.

Time for bed. I'm going to review these questions tomorrow morning and try another EK 101 test in the evening.

I would love to see one 11 by sunday. That's 2 more questions right. C'mon!

Anyone on this thread need more CBT's?

I bought 10 GS exams for 70 bucks but won't use them and couldn't return them. Let me know if you want them. If you want to throw some $$ my way, then great. If not, then that's cool too.

Just want to make sure they don't go completely to waste...

I HATE reading bio. I can't get through 1 page of this 418 page review without thinking about something else less relevant but more interesting.

i just found this thread :) im pretty sure i had a breakthrough with proteins and amino acids today. i think i could figure out isoelectric points in my sleep gahhhhhhhh i love berkeley review

Finished Nova physics content today. I love love love NOVA. Things make sense that never did before. Huzzah!

Also went over my EK 101 exam. Decided not to take one today, but I do plan on finishing the others soon and starting on TPR verbal stuff. The more the better for verbal content, right?

Taking TBR 3 and hoping for a breakthrough.

Then I'll go to work in the afternoon. I'm considering going back to work on friday too and then taking next thursday afternoon and friday off. I think that'll allow me to work and focus more efficiently. I plan on finishing bio review take 2 and starting orgo take 2 by the 17th. I have a feeling that I'll keep reading bits and pieces of bio here and there and then revisit some other stuff as time goes along, but from the 20th on, most of my content review will be revisiting stuff I get wrong on exams.

I can't wait!

doing a second review of bio right now cause i needed a break from chem/orgo. things are so much clearer the second time round! now the mistakes i made earlier seem pretty stupid. gonna re-read the 2nd half of the ek bio book today and get back to chem tomorrow.

I have been so overwhelmed with taking care of things at home that I haven't been studying like I should :(. However, I will spend a few hours in the library tonight to gain back some momentum. Hope studying is going well for everyone!

Jeebus tbr 3 is hard. I didn't finish a couple of questions on the PS section and almost didn't even get to a full verbal passage. Then the system did a weird reset when I paused so I was able to finish verbal. Very strange.

Probably going to take my verbal score as a point lower than whatever I got because I had 3 or so questions left in the section. I think it evened out though because my computer freaked out a little bit in the middle of the section. Hopefully that won't happen on test day.

One thing's for sure, I need to get better at keeping myself on time. I never have a problem with the EK 101 exams, but the TBR verbal sections always take me forever since the number of heavy passages is really high. I got lucky since the last passage was from a book I've read like 8 times so I was able to answer the questions without reading haha. What are the chances...

Time to take the bio section!

Damn this sucks.

My 2nd TBR exam was 11 PS, 7 VR, 9 BS.

This is number 3 at:

9PS, 10 VR, and 9 BS.

The program hiccuped again during the BS, so the scores are probably slightly inflated.

Arghhh...

Though according to this little ditty here, TBR 3 is supposed to be a super hard exam so maybe that's not so terrible. I do have to admit that I had issues with time. 2 things threw me off when I made simple math errors on both the PS and BS section causing me to have to take a couple more minutes than it should have. Now I know not to do that going forward.

Anyway:

Practice Exams
(7 Full-Length CBT Exams, all come with 21 Passages and detailed answer explanations)
  • TBR Practice Test I . . . . .Good starter exam (difficult PS, easy VR, medium BS)

• TBR Practice Test II . . . . Mid-range Exam (medium PS, hard VR, medium BS)

• TBR Practice Test III . . . .Punishment Exam (difficult PS, difficult VR, difficult BS)

• TBR Practice Test IV . . . . Mid-range Exam (medium PS, medium VR, hard BS)

• TBR Practice Test V . . . . .Difficult Exam (hard PS, medium VR, hard BS)

• TBR Practice Test VI . . . . Mid-range Exam (semi-easy PS, medium VR, medium BS)

• TBR Practice Test VII . . . .Hard Exam (hard PS, medium VR, hard BS)

Now to decide if I want to take AAMC 5 this weekend to gauge progress on AAMC exams.

I guess I should, huh? That'll give me 5 going into the last month of prep. I'll probably finish up most of the remaining TBR exams before hitting up the rest of the AAMCs. I just really need to figure out where I stand right now because I'm honestly getting a little nervous.

Now to decide if I want to take AAMC 5 this weekend to gauge progress on AAMC exams.

I guess I should, huh? That'll give me 5 going into the last month of prep. I'll probably finish up most of the remaining TBR exams before hitting up the rest of the AAMCs. I just really need to figure out where I stand right now because I'm honestly getting a little nervous.

if you're done with content review, go ahead... best way to see where you stand & identify problem areas.

if you're done with content review, go ahead... best way to see where you stand & identify problem areas.

I think I might hold off on it for a little bit then, I think I'm pretty weak on the latter bio stuff in EK and most of orgo. I think i'm going to move to Kaplan for orgo content and I'm undecided on EK vs Kaplan for bio content.

After this past week, PS is coming together. Still need some extra work on acids/bases and E&M. I'll go back and review those again over the next week or so. I've studied everything once, I'm just going through it a second time with a more in depth look.

I guess that I'll stick with TBR for the next exam or two so I know that I'm 'really' done content review before I start hitting the AAMCs. I'm just a little worried about running out of time to do all the AAMCs because the test is on may 20th and I'll have about 4.5 weeks to go at the april 20th mark.

I don't have the energy to review this exam right now. I think I'll try to go through the PS section, but I really need to go to bed.

I need to figure out what I'm doing the rest of the week. I got sick so my gym schedule has been non existent, but I'll restart that this weekend.

Maybe I'll take a TBR exam on saturday AND sunday if I'm feeling like some self loathing.

It sounds a little excessive but it would be nice to see what some problem areas are.

I have 6 TBR exams left at this point and 6 aamcs. If I do ALL of them, I have to take exactly 2 exams a week to get it done. I might try for 3 tbr exams this week and next week because it'll be good practice and that'll still leave some time for studying.

I feel like a broken record saying this again, but I still have to revisit bio and orgo content. I guess I can keep doing that during the last month up to my exam, but my hope was that I'd only do passages and related practice in that time.

Trying hard to find a balance and I feel like I'm failing...

Honestly, I don't know why I feel obligated to do all the TBR's at this point. Maybe I should just gun to finish 5 of them and then move onto the remaining AAMCs.

After two 37's on AAMC's, I just got hammered on a TBR I forgot to take (tbr 3) with a 35 (13-10-12). I think that number is inflated due to the ridiculous scale (miss 10 questions and still get a 13). It's not so much the score but the crappy performance on my part. No more human error from here on out, 1 more month in my pursuit of a 40.

I think TBR 3 is their toughest exam. I got a 28 on it and was scratching my head the entire time.

Looking at it, 2 exams a week is not that much. It still gives me a few days a week to do review so that's fine.

I might actually play with doing 2 more exams this weekend just for funzies. I need a mental break from content review, so I'll do some bio content review tomorrow after work, take a TBR test sat/sun morning, and go over them and/or do some content review at night.

I just need to figure out how to get in some more EK 101 vr exams, and other passage/verbal review through all of this. /shudders

Lets do this!

Looking at it, 2 exams a week is not that much. It still gives me a few days a week to do review so that's fine.

I might actually play with doing 2 more exams this weekend just for funzies. I need a mental break from content review, so I'll do some bio content review tomorrow after work, take a TBR test sat/sun morning, and go over them and/or do some content review at night.

I just need to figure out how to get in some more EK 101 vr exams, and other passage/verbal review through all of this. /shudders

Lets do this!

I feel you on needing a mental break from content review. i looked at my calendar today and realised i've only been studying for 5 weeks, somehow it feels much much longer. anyway, in a attempt to 'relax' my mind - going over bio/physics stuff i did at the start. think it helped me re-charge a little. im also tempted to try out another aamc test but i want to be done with content completely so i'll know where I really stand.

oh, and here's a tip from my friend who aced the mcat - no matter which books you're using, take a look at the aamc checklist for content on PS & BS and make sure you can tick off each item before you start the marathon of aamc practice tests.

oh, and here's a tip from my friend who aced the mcat - no matter which books you're using, take a look at the aamc checklist for content on PS & BS and make sure you can tick off each item before you start the marathon of aamc practice tests.

And one of my friends who got a 42 said that you shouldn't look at anything but EK materials in the last week or two before the exam.

Guess I made a mistake counting how many things I got wrong on TBR 3. I thought I had a 9 in the BS. I had a 7.

28--->26. Ouch.

Finished Biochem/Mo Bio/Micro Bio as of 4/8. Which is great because I feel like I've forgotten everything already. Only 4 more chapters....after this...

//Took TPR Test #3 PS: 13
//Took TPR Test #2 PS: 10
//Took TPR Test #1 PS: 13

Forgot the Equation for the PE of a spring. Already. All potential energy equations have the .5, except for mgh. Take note.

-So many dumb errors as usual. F my life.

Biological Sciences: EK Lecture 1

In Class Q's: 23/24 ~95.8%
30 min exam: 11 scaled (18/23)
1001's:
P101-103 + Individuals: 24/30
P104-106 + Individuals: 22/27

Biological Sciences: EK Lecture 2

In Class Q's: 22/24 ~91.6%
30 min exam: 11 scaled (18/23)
1001's:
P201-203 + Individuals: 25/29
P204-206 + Individuals: 27/28

Biological Sciences: EK Lecture 3

In Class Q's: 20/24 ~83%, I really disagree with #51. The book is wrong for sure. So really its 21, but w/e
30 min exam:
1001's:
P301-303 + Individuals: 21/29 ~72% whoa. fail. 3 were fail-type errors.
P304-306 + Individuals: 27/29 ~93%

Biological Sciences: EK Lecture 4

In Class Q's: 22/24 ~91.6%
30 min exam:
Skipping 1001's.

Cell Biology, Genetics, The Nervous System- Online

Passages
Cell Biology 1: 83% Missed one, the answer is listed as C and in the explanation the answer says "this eliminates answers A and C" lulz
Genetics 1: 64% Embarrassed. Ability to show social cues does not count as natural selection.
The Nervous System 1: 83% EFFF, that last question was so BS.

Individual Questions
Cell Biology: 83%
Genetics: 86% 1.7/2.8 > .5 genius not less than .5
The Nervous System:

Cell Biology - Workbook

Questions: 7/8

Passages
23: 7/7
24: 5/5
25: 6/7 *wayyy too distracted right noaw, also nucleus has intermediate filaments but no microfilaments
26: 7/7
27: 7/8
28-29: [Saved]

32/34 = 94%

Genetics - Workbook

Questions: 10/11 - Perfection escapes me yet again. :mad:

Passages
30: 7/8 - So the word "control" doesn't really mean experiment, it could mean observation.
31: 5/5
32: 7/7
33: 4/6 - Review Linkage. I shoulda known.
34: 5/7 - uhh, wut.
35-36: [Saved]

28/33 = 84% :(

The Nervous System - Workbook

Questions: 7/9 - fsdljfa;sfkj, what do you mean by goddamn motion, motion of fluid, motion of the body, etc. some q's are just so shfut

Passages
37: 5/6 - Interneurons can be part of the PNS?
38: 5/6
39: 8/9
40: 3/6 - Really fuking embarrassing. Choose answers that relate to the passage x 2 , iris dialates not pupil,
41: 6/6 - finally!
42: 6/6
43: 6/8 vomit inducing - read the Fin question.
44-46: [Saved]

82% My average is falling like a biotch

In Class Compendium (about 1/3rd done)
Physics

P3: 7/7 - Need to review impulse though in relation to f=ma
P4: 4/5 - Still I don't get the answer.
P5: 6/6
P6: 5/6 - DUMBB!!!

91.6%

Chemistry

P1: 6/6 - Review Bohr Atom and equation, you got lucky.
P2: 6/6
P3: 5/6 - Distillation works with covalent compounds better than ionic compounds. Due to lower boiling point? I guess.
P4: 3/6 - Geometry vs. Shape. Geometry refers to coordinate locations including electron pairs, shape refers to coordinate locations - electron pairs, +1 dumb error

83%

Online Review

Physics

P3: 100%
P4: 86% - Good question. So much so that I still don't get the answer.

Chemistry

P3: 42% :O
P4: 100%

Last edited:
Scored a 34 on AAMC 11 after 1 full week break from MCAT work . I felt like this test was fundamentally different than most of the other tests, and indicative of what is to come. Not necessarily harder, but different. More experimental, less things you can just "know" without reading the passage. I'm spending the next two days dissecting this test.

That's not comforting.