The Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Sol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new dental school? Will you guys be applying there? I can't seem to find any info on cost of attendance or curriculum. Has anyone done some research on this new school?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you guys think of the new dental school? Will you guys be applying there? I can't seem to find any info on cost of attendance or curriculum. Has anyone done some research on this new school?

i heard they didnt even have a clinic yet

i heard they didnt even have a clinic yet

I am planning on applying. No clinic? Well... I guess if first year was strictly classroom learning they have time to build the clinic.

Who else is applying???

Members don't see this ad :)
For those considering this school, a cautionary note. The program has not yet been accredited and are only in the preliminary stages. THEY expect to be accredited in January 2008 but there are no gaurantees as it is a rigorous process.

Let's set the record straight on this accredidation stuff. A school is only fully accredited AFTER it graduates its first class, and they pass boards. I am sure Gavin will post shortly to say this as well. So by entering a school that has not graduated its first class you are technically attending a non accredited school. The school would not be able to open its doors unless it was deemed that it was possible to recive accredidation after the first class graduates, so dont worry if the school doesnt pass its initial inspections or whatever they are called, it can not accept students. Now with that in mind, the first few years of a school are always going to have bumps. The other Arizona school and UNLV are all good examples. Now they are great schools, but the first years will be a bit different than the already established schools. Now keep in mind that during the first few years of the school are the years in which the school is more likley to listen to student concerns and make changes. So if having a new school to help shape and establish sounds interesting to you then apply. If you dont want to worry about that then dont apply. Whatever your choice is on that dont knock the school and say applicants beware, cause in the end the school will come out just fine.

Wasn't there a school in Hawaii that closed after two years? It seems like it was less than ten years ago. After a .23 second search on google I can't find anything.

There was a school that was going to open for applicants last year in Hawaii. They ended not passing the initial checks and all those who applied got their money back.