The Mindwarp Pavilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danny Ruta

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this could be every med student's dream come true. An accelerated learning tool that purports to allow students to memorize the contents of entire medical textbooks! It also has sophisticated online self assessment and performance analysis facilities.
I am an MD and formerly Assoicate Professor of Epidemiology. I'll come clean - The Mindwarp Pavilion is my company; I spun it out from my medschool at the University of Dundee, Scotland.

Check it out at <a href="http://www.mwpavilion.com" target="_blank">www.mwpavilion.com</a> & let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

I spent 22 min reading and registering for this tool. Sadly, once registered for the 'free' 7 day trial, i found that all books are non-viewable with a buuble asking folks to upgrage. Also very few books are even covered and some sections are empty (incl Medicine).
Is this some kind of a joke? Why should I shell out 25 bucks for an unknown, unproven and inaccessible tool?

Dear Crimson

I think I may have 'shot my bolt' by posting this message while the site is still in beta testing.

Only one mind mapped chapter of each textbook, chapter 2, is accessible in the 7 day trial, but this was obviously not clear (It has now been rectified). We do have several excellent mind mapped medical textbooks available, and a fully mind mapped Cecil's will be available to view from Feb/Mar 2002.

We are using this beta test period to identify precisely these types of issues.

If anybody is interested in getting full access to our amazing medical mind maps and revision tools, please send me your e-mail address in a private message and I'll send you a 2 month free guest membership by e-mail.

And Crimson, thanks for the excellent feedback - I'll be getting in touch with a special freebie for you.