the most clever way to get into medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panoramaelegant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have you heard any stories? please share.... I heard one person did the patch adams act of taking off their pants... that was risky :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
River Rat said:
through the ventilation ducts.

Haha, I like that.

Though I think the door works better...I mean, if they don't take me, I'll just show up to the classes and learn the material just like everyone else. They probably won't notice in the bigger lectures. Then they will see my determination, feel sorry for me, and hand me an acceptance. :laugh:

baylormed said:
Haha, I like that.

Though I think the door works better...I mean, if they don't take me, I'll just show up to the classes and learn the material just like everyone else. They probably won't notice in the bigger lectures. Then they will see my determination, feel sorry for me, and hand me an acceptance. :laugh:
There were some stories of people like that on here.
They just kept showing up to lecture and none of the small groups or labs.
The school caught on.

baylormed said:
Haha, I like that.

Instead of showing up for med school just show up for residency -- you'll save four years that way.

Law2Doc said:
Instead of showing up for med school just show up for residency -- you'll save four years that way.

If that were the case, then I would just show up at the hospital with my white coat and say I'm the surgeon...off course I would never do that because I was joking about getting into some med school classes, not playing with people's lives!!! :love:

some guy did that at UCLA several years back. totally worked, too. as soon as someone dropped, they gave him that spot.

about the showing up for classes, not residency

BrettBatchelor said:
They just kept showing up to lecture ...
The school caught on.
Duh. The real students don't go to lectures.

i have thought about that residency thing for a while. I would just like to go to a hospital and get started. I bet they have manuals and stuff at the library. Like..."Removing Pancreatic Tumors using Gamma Knife for Dummies."

I mostly trust me. Nothing can go wrong.

DetectiveChubby said:
i have thought about that residency thing for a while. I would just like to go to a hospital and get started. I bet they have manuals and stuff at the library. Like..."Removing Pancreatic Tumors using Gamma Knife for Dummies."

You are going to get yelled at for not knowing what you are doing as a resident anyhow -- at least this way the person doing the yelling will be 100% correct.

DetectiveChubby said:

Working in the ER at UVa the residents were always running back to this little room behind the desk with the main board. There was a book there, can't remember the title, but I often joked that it was the Idiot's Guide to EM. That's basically what it was, a book for protocols for various symptoms, possible diagnoses, etc.

See, I definitely have this all figured out.