The most common site of an ectopic abdominal pregnancy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MudPhud20XX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan says it's "Pouch of Douglas" also known as rectouterine pouch. Really? I mean how the heck can the fertilized egg even get to that place? Can anyone explain this?

Many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan says it's "Pouch of Douglas" also known as rectouterine pouch. Really? I mean how the heck can the fertilized egg even get to that place? Can anyone explain this?

Many thanks in advance.

There is a small gap between the fallopian tubes fingers fimbria that grasp the released ova. Normally the ova are grabbed for implantation and and sent into the tubes. Failure to do so can allow ova to go through gap and into douglas

Many thanks in advance.

This picture shows it quite nicely.

RV_Endometriosis_cds.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember it as 1-ampulla 2-Isthmus 3- Fimbriae 4- Infundibulum either from Uw/Rx...
Never mind... I missed the "abdominal preg" part.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, unlike as shown in line diagrams there are no empty spaces (only potential spaces) in the abdominal cavity as every organ is in close contact with surrounding organs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user