The most egregious decision since Post discontinued Oreo O's.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Coca-Cola is discontinuing Coke Zero.

Why? WHY?!?!

This is literally all I drink. Well, this and Diet Dr Pepper. And Powerade Zero for exercise.

But still.

WTF?

Why? It's popular. It's sales are still increasing. It's delicious and won't give you the beetus.

Did they not learn from the New Coke debacle? This is the worst thing they've ever done outside of that whole illegally selling Fanta soda to the Nazis thing. But just barely.

I'm so god damned pissed off right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Coca-Cola is discontinuing Coke Zero.

Why? WHY?!?!

This is literally all I drink. Well, this and Diet Dr Pepper. And Powerade Zero for exercise.

But still.

WTF?

Why? It's popular. It's sales are still increasing. It's delicious and won't give you the beetus.

Did they not learn from the New Coke debacle? This is the worst thing they've ever done outside of that whole illegally selling Fanta soda to the Nazis thing. But just barely.

I'm so god damned pissed off right now.

I literally want to dress in all black and be in morning for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you stopped eating the inferior replacement Oreo O's with the missing marshmallows, you could drink plain old Coke and not bother with the garbage diet versions. :)
Heck, you could even spring for the Coke from Mexico and get the real sugar kind.

If you stopped eating the inferior replacement Oreo O's with the missing marshmallows, you could drink plain old Coke and not bother with the garbage diet versions. :)
Heck, you could even spring for the Coke from Mexico and get the real sugar kind.
That glass bottle Coke >>>>

I drink like 4-6 cans a day. That's asking for the Diabetes.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
And I'm still calling this new thing Coke Zero. The words Coke Zero Sugar are not coming out of my mouth ever. And it better taste good. If they screw this up, I'm going to Atlanta and picketing the factory.

Reactions: 1 user
This pales in comparison to the fact I cannot find Maple Brown Sugar Malt-O-Meal anywhere.
DE447659-2.jpg

coke zero=coke zero sugar They are putting it in a red bottle but it is the same stuff.
McDonald's discontinued hi-C orange this year.

And I'm still calling this new thing Coke Zero. The words Coke Zero Sugar are not coming out of my mouth ever. And it better taste good. If they screw this up, I'm going to Atlanta and picketing the factory.

Let me know which day you're going and I'll join you! Coke Zero is amazing and Diet Coke is absolute ****.

Members don't see this ad :)
coke zero=coke zero sugar They are putting it in a red bottle but it is the same stuff.
McDonald's discontinued hi-C orange this year.

No it isn't. They said it's the same ingredients, but a new blend.

If it tastes in the same ballpark, I'll be happy. If not, I'ma give them hell.

you guys better start stocking up.

So what's the verdict? When do we March?

It's still delicious and tastes in the Coke Zero wheelhouse. But it's different. Sweeter and fizzier. Very slightly, anyway. I still prefer the original.

I feel the same way. Like if no one had told me I might not have noticed (especially in fountain drink form), or just thought I got an odd batch. It's fine but I would still take the original.

Y'all see this **** yet?
pqmY19P.png

It's a damned revelation. Best damned diet soda put out since Coke Zero, lads and lasses. I just housed a 12 pack in like 2 days.

• Wow
Y'all see this **** yet?
pqmY19P.png

It's a damned revelation. Best damned diet soda put out since Coke Zero, lads and lasses. I just housed a 12 pack in like 2 days.
That's science I'll pay for! The Diet Dr. Pepper isn't bad either, but that is going to be a hell of an improvement.

But, almost 4 years later, I am still drinking Coke Zero! I love that stuff.

Also Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper taste almost the same, so not sure why we need a Zero.

Oh dang I didn’t even know this happened, I thought it was the same Coke Zero all along.

I think the most egregious thing here is that anyone in their right mind would drink any form of Dr. Pepper. Fake ass doctor tastes nasty AF. I said what I said LOL.

How is drinking Coke Zero everyday ever a good thing?

There is vast safety data on sugar substitutes w/ the amount that is actually in 1 can of coke zero. Gtfo with the fear mongering.

The dose makes the poison. These things are all perfectly fine in moderation.

lol ppl still think diet soda is unsafe? Rofl, moar for me

Coke Zero for lifeeee

There is vast safety data on sugar substitutes w/ the amount that is actually in 1 can of coke zero. Gtfo with the fear mongering.

The dose makes the poison. These things are all perfectly fine in moderation.
Haha I can’t be the only one who sees something is wrong to drink Coke Zero everyday. “In moderation” I guess is different for everyone. I see drinking Coke Zero or any soda everyday is unhealthy. 1-2 cans per week is ok maybe.

just because it’s zero calories doesn’t mean it’s 100% safe and healthy. You’re telling me drinking 4-6 cans a day of CKZ vs 4-6 bottles of water is equivalently safe? No risks at all whatsoever to their health, especially if they’re diabetic?

Plus ask any dentists if it’s ok to drink your precious Coke Zeros every single day and they don’t harm your teeth.

Haha I can’t be the only one who sees something is wrong to drink Coke Zero everyday. “In moderation” I guess is different for everyone. I see drinking Coke Zero or any soda everyday is unhealthy. 1-2 cans per week is ok maybe.

just because it’s zero calories doesn’t mean it’s 100% safe and healthy. You’re telling me drinking 4-6 cans a day of CKZ vs 4-6 bottles of water is equivalently safe? No risks at all whatsoever to their health, especially if they’re diabetic?

Plus ask any dentists if it’s ok to drink your precious Coke Zeros every single day and they don’t harm your teeth.

If your argument involves drinking 6 cans/day of anything, you have a terrible argument.

Here's some good data for you to read, which I recommend you read in its entirety.
Brief synopsis:
"So in 2018 we are basically in the same place we were in 2015 – artificial sweeteners are safe, they do not cause obesity or any known metabolic or other health problems, and they can be very useful as part of a weight control strategy. People should not avoid them because of unwarranted fears."

If your argument involves drinking 6 cans/day of anything, you have a terrible argument.

Here's some good data for you to read, which I recommend you read in its entirety.
Brief synopsis:
"So in 2018 we are basically in the same place we were in 2015 – artificial sweeteners are safe, they do not cause obesity or any known metabolic or other health problems, and they can be very useful as part of a weight control strategy. People should not avoid them because of unwarranted fears."

Thanks , I read it and really opened me up. 👌👌

Wow my eyes have opened 😱, learn something new everyday. Always been taught even in school that artificial sweeteners were not necessarily safe to consume on daily basis. But thanks for the updates — carrying on 😇😇

Last edited:
I know many people who choose to consume cane sugar rather than sucralose or aspartame because they believe it is better for them. They are wrong, the victims of deliberate misinformation campaigns, fearmongering, and misguided narratives. But they are also poorly served by popular communication regarding a complex scientific literature. They are exchanging a small speculative risk for a large known risk, and patting themselves on the back for it.

Or you can just drink water

Inb4 water is contaminated with phthalates and BPA

Or you can just drink water

Inb4 water is contaminated with phthalates and BPA

You may have a point there. BPA is a concern in plastic bottles. I don't know much about phthalates.

I love the taste of water... 2L/day crew checking in. Throw in a coke zero or dew zero maybe a few times a week to spruce things up.

Last edited:
love the waste of water... 2L/day crew checking in.
I miss being able to drink water at my computer. Now with covid I can't lower my mask in patient view and have to walk to the break room to drink anything. So I went from 2L/day to maybe 500mL if I'm lucky. Basically all on my drive home.

*sigh*

This **** again? Why, Coke? You've tested fate once. I swear to God if you eff it up.

Thankfully the good Dr Pepper came out with Diet Dr Pepper Zero and Diet Dr Pepper Zero with Cream Soda. He's just sitting there. Waiting to pounce if you screw up Coke Zero.

• Wow
  • Dislike

*sigh*

This **** again? Why, Coke? You've tested fate once. I swear to God if you eff it up.

Thankfully the good Dr Pepper came out with Diet Dr Pepper Zero and Diet Dr Pepper Zero with Cream Soda. He's just sitting there. Waiting to pounce if you screw up Coke Zero.

I'm trying to get self to like it but the damn after taste kills it for me. I end up just drinking water after the Coke Zero to kill the after taste.

New coke zero tastes the exact same to me, it just has a stronger burn when you drink it... which I enjoy.

7c25bb5d1cecb7603386dd272a3ff871_c5a732cf-a5ef-403d-b062-a904ccd41433_large.png

New product is available. Coke Zero Starlight. I got some at my local Target. It's only available around here in those weird little 7.5 ounce cans.

It's supposed to taste like space. I guess. It's apparently become a subject of wide debate as Coca-Cola isn't really releasing what the flavor profile is supposed to be like.

My take? It tastes like Coke Zero mixed with cream soda with a *hint* of raspberry. Then the aftertaste is that of Jelly Belly buttered popcorn jelly beans. That unique umami taste at the back of the tongue is actually rather pleasant. A very complex flavor profile.

I give it a solid B tiering. Would drink again. I appreciate the creativity on display, but I've had better.

Some examples of the tiers:

S+ Tier, nectar of the gods - Coke Zero
S Tier - Dr Pepper Zero.
A Tier - Coke Zero Vanilla. Dr Pepper with Cream Soda Zero.
B Tier - Coke Zero Cherry. Coke Starlight Zero. Diet Dr Pepper.
C Tier - Diet Pepsi.
D Tier - Tab. Diet Rite.
**** You, get that swill away from me Tier - Diet Coke.

I’ll have to check it out and see if I can try it.

Putting Coke Zero Cherry in B Tier is unforgivable. It’s S+.

I miss Coke Zero Orange. I liked that much better than the Orange Vanilla.

I’ll have to check it out and see if I can try it.

Putting Coke Zero Cherry in B Tier is unforgivable. It’s S+.

I miss Coke Zero Orange. I liked that much better than the Orange Vanilla.
B tier is respectable. I'll gladly enjoy a B tier. Nothing to be ashamed of that "B" tier.

I accidentally grabbed a Starlight instead of a Coke Zero - no idea it was a thing, just thought it was a different label. DISGUSTING! It tastes like Cotton Candy flavored Coke Zero. Do not recommend. I couldn't stomach it and threw it away. It was a 20oz bottle.

• Wow