The Most Stupid Reasons People Give for Not Liking a School

Jul 20, 2012
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
**Edited because I meant this to be half joking thread and apparently my writing came off as too serious**

Let's share your stories of stupid reasons people don't like schools! (cause I know we're all stressed as hell and need a break)

So I hear this one comment from another candidate at an interview...

"I hate XXXXXX college of pharmacy because I was wearing heels at the interview and the tour guide made us take the stairs."

I would be disappointed if she gets accepted and I don't :( But the world is never fair.... *sigh*

Last edited:

Dec 12, 2012
Status
Pharmacy is a field that requires patience as well so maybe you should reconsider if you get upset so easily.

OP
G
Jul 20, 2012
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Maybe this forum is really serious. I meant my comment as half a joke. But maybe I am mistaken. I thought a lot of people here would be easy going.

I thought about saying something sarcastic to your reply but I'll let it go because I don't know you and I feel like I should be nice.

Sugoi Travis

7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2012
Status
Pharmacist
Maybe this forum is really serious. I meant my comment as half a joke. But maybe I am mistaken. I thought a lot of people here would be easy going.

I thought about saying something sarcastic to your reply but I'll let it go because I don't know you and I feel like I should be nice.
At my pharmacy internship back in fall quarter, I had a guy who literally was the pharmacy "clown." He was super personable, fun, and awesome to be around because he'd crack jokes at appropriate times and it made my 4 hours there go by in 4 minutes. Just overall, he was an easy-going guy, knew when to be serious and when to totally make a fool out of himself and he made the environment a whole lot less stressful than it was.

Don't get me wrong though; we were still extremely productive and were churning out prescription orders at our usual pace, but the environment...dang...it made you want to go back and work.

I don't know if you believe in this, but for me, I'm a firm believer in "everything in moderation." Yes, within pharmacy, you are dealing with medical histories and have to tap into your knowledge to the best of your ability in order to provide the best possible care for the people coming in. There will be times when you get slammed with orders and times when the pharmacy becomes stable and few orders come in.

The whole reason why I told you this story is that Mr. Awesome indirectly explained to me that you can be serious and have fun, at the same time, in your job. Some people just can't wrap their minds around that.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Locked in the basement
www.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
At my pharmacy internship back in fall quarter, I had a guy who literally was the pharmacy "clown." He was super personable, fun, and awesome to be around because he'd crack jokes at appropriate times and it made my 4 hours there go by in 4 minutes. Just overall, he was an easy-going guy, knew when to be serious and when to totally make a fool out of himself and he made the environment a whole lot less stressful than it was.

Don't get me wrong though; we were still extremely productive and were churning out prescription orders at our usual pace, but the environment...dang...it made you want to go back and work.

I don't know if you believe in this, but for me, I'm a firm believer in "everything in moderation." Yes, within pharmacy, you are dealing with medical histories and have to tap into your knowledge to the best of your ability in order to provide the best possible care for the people coming in. There will be times when you get slammed with orders and times when the pharmacy becomes stable and few orders come in.

The whole reason why I told you this story is that Mr. Awesome indirectly explained to me that you can be serious and have fun, at the same time, in your job. Some people just can't wrap their minds around that.
:thumbup: