The NCE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TherapistDave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm already thinking about my NCE, and I know its some time away, but I was wondering if anyone had:

1. Any good web-sites with past tests that I could use to study; from what I understand it costs money even to get old versions, which is fine, but I'd like to start soon;

2. Any good advice when it comes to the NCE; as some of you may have heard me say before, I am a horrible test-taker, and I want to get a head start so I don't blow $200.

Anything else regarding the test would be beneficial, please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I creamed it last November, and I am also a horrible test taker. My strategy is as follows YMMV. Good luck, PM if you want to take more specifically.

1. The Encyclopedia of Counseling, I read a chapter or two daily for about 3 months ahead of time.
2. Listen to the audio CDs for the Encyclopedia of Counseling in your car where ever you drive to.
3. CounselingExam.com is a very good site, I bought the 1 month membership and would log in for an hour or so each day.

Good luck again

Jeff