The new Rosai Surgical Pathology book question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoebusX

DonJuan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

The new edition of the Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical Pathology 11th edition (2018) is out and there are two versions available, the premium and international version. Any body here have the book? What is the difference? On the publisher's site it states that the premium has 9800 illustrations and the international version has 3400 but the page count of the international version is 2800 and the premium has 2306. Anyone here can shed light to my confusion? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I found rosai and sternberg to be useless and I am glad I didn't buy them. In residency I used differential diagnosis in surgical path which was great when previewing as my go to book. Additional targeted reading was done using subspecialty books. As an attending I use ExpertPath which is awesome.

Reactions: 1 user
rosai and sternberg are garbage books that marginal fmgs use to learn english and 'fit in'

subscribe to expertpath and use that instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Sternberg and Rosai are okay for a launchpad source when you are just learning as a new resident. Long term, though, subspecialty texts are a must. I certainly found Sternberg useful during my first year of residency, though it has been gathering dust since then. My board study came from pretty much all subspecialty texts.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you for all the replies. Ive tried the trial on expertapth... its an amazing resource. If only I can afford its costing I definitely would get it and subscribe every year. Thanks for this tip. For now I am getting the differential diagnosis in surgical pathology 3rd edition. For me it is so hard to read on the screen. For the most part the touching of the pages while you read is comforting to me. :)

Just an update. I went ahead and subscribed on expertpath. Ive never been so amazed by the amount of content it has. The convenience and how the topics are presented are very useful. I use it everyday. The books that I bought are now officially dust collectors. I have no regrets in getting expertpath subscription. It is really worth it. Thank you so much for all the recommendations! :)

ExpertPath plus subspecialty text books is more than enough.

Re expertpath - depending on your locale (at least as a resident) you can get a greatly reduced subscription fee. As a Canadian path resident, I pay ~$60/year.