• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
What is everyone going to do or what did everyone do the night you got accepted to medical school?

I plan on just going out and probably not remembering what happened...how about you???

Flack Pinku

U lookin at my glasses??
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2002
Vacationing
Status (Visible)
Thank the Gods, and tell all of my family. The next day, I told my friends and the week or two later, all the profs who wrote me my recommendations and so on. Nothing extraordinary or anything. I was just really happy and proud to get the news across to everyone I knew.

g3pro

Dr. Mogley
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
I had a circle jerk with all my pre-med buddies.

About the Ads

Rose122

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
I always envisioned going to a bar with all of my closest friends that have supported me through this process and toasting to shots until I woke up the next morning wondering what happened the night before. Instead, I took a walk, made my favorite dinner and read a little bit.

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Shades McCool
What is everyone going to do or what did everyone do the night you got accepted to medical school?

I plan on just going out and probably not remembering what happened...how about you???

Totally! I got completely plastered and had to miss work the next day because I was so hungover!:laugh:

wire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Last edited:

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I had an erg test the next day, so I ate a plate of pasta and went to bed early. But last night, which was the day after my acceptance, there were a bunch of people over my apartment to celebrate my friend's B-day, and so we just added on my acceptance as another reason to celebrate.

Chemguync

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Chapel Hill, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Called the GF, Called the mother, IMed the buddies, thanked God profusely that I won't do this cycle a 3rd time, and went to bed.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Thought "Oh... That's nice. I guess I'm going to med school."
Although, ask me again if/when I get into one of the 2 I'm waiting on and my answer will probably be vastly different.:horns:
Dude, your avatar is JACKED UP. Calvin is blond. ;)

DannGee

Adorned, Imperious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2003
cleveland
Status (Visible)
to celebrate my acceptance into the prestigious ranks of the M.D.'s, i got my brain TOE UP.

About the Ads

Bad Mojo

Cold as Ice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
I found out when I got home from work. It was 1 a.m. and I worked for about 10 hours. I went to the grocery store and got a candy bar and some Dr. Pepper.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Cali
Originally posted by Bad Mojo
I found out when I got home from work. It was 1 a.m. and I worked for about 10 hours. I went to the grocery store and got a candy bar and some Dr. Pepper.

Wow, ur crazy man.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
WHo all here is going to apply for early acceptance? I am and I hope to be accepted in the early part of the fall semester. Then all the pressure is off!

Then its Jager time!

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Shades McCool

I will smile a whole lot.

CCW

F

ForensicPath

I found out at around 3pm on a friday. I cracked a beer at 3:15 on that friday and the next thing I knew, it was saturday at 2pm and I had a craving for watermelon. I drove to the grocery store, bought a watermelon, and ate the entire thing.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I stopped filling out my AMCAS, called my dad, called my bf, called some friends, and then went to work an 18-hour EMS shift. THen I went to the dentist. Then I slept.

When I got up, however, there was much joy to be had. :D

F

ForensicPath

Originally posted by macdown
I got so drunk I threw up at this bar and was banned for life from the place.

I was told that I got kicked out of a bar as well, but I still don't know why.

shanequin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2003
Ann Arbor
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Knew I was gonna find out at 12 that night, so got really drunk before and then somehow checked my email. When I found out that I got in, I called my parents, somehow once again, and somehow coherently told them the good news. Now my mom thinks I'm an alcoholic. Sorry for the excessive somehows.

theprizefighter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi, All

I got my first acceptance on Christmas Eve via e-mail at around 10 pm. It couldn't have been better scripted. After that, I had a turkey sandwhich and let the tryptophan lull me to sleep.

tpf

carrie198

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Last year, I bought a bottle of wine while on spring break in Napa to celebrate my pending acceptance. I checked my email that night and found out I didn't get in.:( I kept the wine for a year and drank it with my family the night I found out that I'd gotten in the second time around. :clap:

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
got the call in october. but was tutoring at the time so i couldnt really do much. was happy and didnt give my students any homework that day. so every week they ask me if i got accepted to another place or not. :laugh:

but never really got to party about any of my acceptances really. hmm. maybe this summer.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
no parties here either. i thought i'd do something cool but ended up just hanging with my roommate, making dinner, and calling a few people. it was nice and low key which was probably good because i was in shock. the next day i was just totally stoked all day :)

jlee, if you end up at davis we'll have to party and celebrate before school starts, or at the 2nd look weekend in april if you're planning on going to that.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Cali
I haven't been accepted yet, but I know that after I do, I am gonna party for approximately 4 years. I heard that u might have to do a bit of studyin during taht time also, might squeeze a bit of that in.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.