The "No love from anybody" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemoncurry

tequila mockingbird
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wow, I just can't believe it. Not a single acceptance. 5 interviews and not a single word. I really don't know what to say except show me some freakin love!

Members don't see this ad.

three interviews..no word from any. suks like a can of refried beans.

lemon...if anyone deserves an acceptance...you do!! I hope you hear some good news soon...that goes for everyone as well...
:luck:
-ld

Members don't see this ad :)
lemon...if anyone deserves an acceptance...you do!! I hope you hear some good news soon...that goes for everyone as well...
-ld
Amen to that! Good luck! The year is definetly more cut-throat!

I know, put me out of my misery. I'm debating whether or not I should start studying for the DAT again. It's early still though, I know I shouldn't be freaking out but I am.

Yup... life is sucking right now. I can't believe I have to wait again!

-ld
Ya, what the hell lemon guy, ur stats kick a$$.. From where im sitting.

thanks everybody, but i wasn't fishing for compliments. I just didn't see a thread where people like us could comiserate.

I just wish i knew what was up.

Everyone see lemoncurry's Picture?

That's a mirror image of my face right now as I stare at the computer.

count me in. awwww I thought today was going to be THE DAY. It surely did in a very different way though. SUCKS

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you all. 2 interviews, 2nd year applying. I'm SICK AND TIRED of waiting!!!!!

I find it strange how they inform you...no call, email, or letter; but I know that I'm in only because my friend saw the posting of the acceptances at the school with my name on it!

you guys crack me up. it's only Nov 30! just give it a few days.

thanks everybody, but i wasn't fishing for compliments. I just didn't see a thread where people like us could comiserate.

I just wish i knew what was up.

Don't worry, man. I have faith you can cut it. Keep your head up.

wow, I just can't believe it. Not a single acceptance. 5 interviews and not a single word. I really don't know what to say except show me some freakin love!

Last year there was a guy (Shamrock or Jack Bauer I think) who had 5 interviews pre Dec 1 and he was placed on 5 wait lists. Both of them ended up getting into a few schools off the waitlist.

same here...
6 interview not aaaaaany word......

Call Case, they'll tell you on the phone.

The rest I don't know about.

Quite a few schools just mail out letters of acceptance. You might not find out until tomorrow or Monday.

Count me in , I've had 6 interviews and no emails or phone calls :mad:

3 interviews....no calls/emails :(

i'm still under review at 10 schools.
looks like it'll we a long wait.

i totally relate. this is my third year applying, i've interviewed at four schools and am on the wait list at all four. better than rejection, i know, but it's hard to continue waiting when you've already been waiting for so long.

i feel for you guys. guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best.

4 interviews, 3 waitlists so far. I should hear from my state school within the next few days. Letters were sent out today, but are certified and must be signed for. You can't call for information.

This is on top of my 2 interviews and 2 waitlists last year that never amounted to anything.

i called all my schools but vcu and got no reassuring news except that i haven't been rejected. Case has me 'on hold' which is the death knell...

Some of you will probably get something next week in the mail.

Three interviews. One next week. Couple of rejections today, Nova and Colorado. No positive news. I am going to become an alcoholic.

I know, put me out of my misery. I'm debating whether or not I should start studying for the DAT again. It's early still though, I know I shouldn't be freaking out but I am.

lets buckle up buddy

Hey lemoncurry, dont' feel too bad. I also had 5 early interviews and have not heard good news from anybody yet though Marquette said in a letter that I might in December. I called Baylor and they told me that I'd get an email by 4 if I were to receive a letter and I didn't. Creighton was also supposed to email but didn't. Nothing from UNLV and no letter from Temple...eh. I can't imagine that we won't get into somewhere though. Who knows, maybe this time next week we'll be super excited. Good luck!

Two interviews, and nothing yet. On AADSAS, Case went from blank to under review. I don't know if thats good or bad. NYU, I have no idea either. But then again, neither does anyone else

I got wait listed at UMKC, so that's basically a no. I have just wasted so much money and time. sigh...

I still have not even received an interview yet? :(:( I took the DAT at a later time (NOV 3rd in Canada) and maybet his is why... can anybody tell me if there is still a chance for me?

Well on the bright side, I haven't been rejected from any schools yet and I have one more at Detroit-Mercy in January

Well on the bright side, I haven't been rejected from any schools yet and I have one more at Detroit-Mercy in January

so you think its a good think if you havent been rejected yet? I still have a few schools that i havent been rejected from. Does that mean that maybe they are considering my application...??

remember, its the type of person you are and not what you are that counts.

so you think its a good think if you havent been rejected yet? I still have a few schools that i havent been rejected from. Does that mean that maybe they are considering my application...??
Oh for sure. You gotta stay positive buddy! Schools are still interviewing candidates, and until they officially reject you, you are still in the running.

count me too..2 interview , and have not heard anything..call/email/aadsas status( i mean they r still 'invite to interview') disappointed.....I checked my phone, my email, my aadsas accounts likne krazy....now, I decide study hard for my finals in case no school accept me...:(:(:(

Yup... life is sucking right now. I can't believe I have to wait again!
Ha- Trogdor guy, I love your extracurricular stuff on pre-dents!

i feel defeated and depressed

I would suggest to call the schools and ask how you can improve your chance. If it's possible, make appointment with the dean to discuss about your application. It's still early right now, and if you push hard, an acceptance might come soon.

OMG!!! Third time applying...three years gone by...two interviews...not a single email or phone call...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Checked AADSAS and my email so many times in the last 48 hours that the "A" is literally fading off my keyboard..ha..ha..can't even laugh..

5 interviews and NNNNNNAAAAAAADDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAA!!!!! What the crap!! I don't have leprosy!

Is it advantageous to call each dental school and check the status of your application even though you haven't received an 'offer made' or 'rejection' status?... I would think the admissions committee would get annoyed with all of these impatient applicants.....

Two interviews, but haven't heard anything. I'm trying to think positive. The top people who get into like 5 schools can't attend all of them. So, I guess for those of us who didn't hear anything, we'll just have to wait. I'm hoping I'm high enough on a wait list to make it.

All I can say about today is DAMN IT!!!!!! what a lousy piece of crap day it has been!!!!!

no body loves me either guys =( I did write me dat sept 28th but i wish more schools would interview me . and i heard nothing today...tho i knew i wouldn't.

no body loves me either guys =( I did write me dat sept 28th but i wish more schools would interview me . and i heard nothing today...tho i knew i wouldn't.

With those stats dude, I wouldn't worry.