The nurse is coming to play!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrNurse

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOW! Its nice to be "among the ranks"!
After 2 years of being a nuse and thinking to myself "I could do that...BETTER", Im back in school! Yippee!!!
My undergrad grades in nursing were OK (nothing to get excited about, but nothing to hide my head in shame over), but the general muck-muck (i.e. chem) and some of my earlier classes hae pretty pitiful grades. In my 3rd year (out of 5), my son was born and my grades impoved quite a bit. I also did well in more complex, medcally relavent courses(medicinal chemistry of cancer).

Yesterday I took the plunge and was accepted on the spot for pre-med!! I couldn't believe it! I was told that my experience does have a light edge in making up for my lackluster grades in the past, but I still need to do excepnally well i my post-baccalaureate work.

Are there any other nurses going into medicine on this board?

carie

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, well, I graduate from nursing school next friday. I have worked in a ER for about 4 years as an EMT and as you thought," I can do that." A number of people have told me that my experience will help me get in. Hey if nothing else when we start clinicals in med school we shouldn't have as much anxiety as our classmates because we have dealt with patients before. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I will just be starting my premed stuff in January so you are a bit ahead of me.

Matt

------------------
Love God, Hate Sin

I also work as a nurse and I am finishing up my BA in Gentics. I too have been told that my nursing experience will be a feather. I just want to say good luck to both of you in you medical years ahead, our nusing experience will definitely be benifical in clinical years. Good luck
smile.gif