Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
I could not afford a review course and studied on my own. I wanted to create a better thread than my other ones so I don't get bashed on for offering help. So, if you are studying on your own and want advice on how to get a 34+ on the MCAT without taking a review course them send me a message. Phi Alpha!

OP
G

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
gujuDoc said:
Also, wanted to add that the SUBFORUM within this forum is a great resource for asking questions, getting help on specific topics, etc.

The people posting in their like Qofquimica, Shrike before he left, Nutmeg, Lorelei, and the others who's names I cannot remember, have done a wonderful job with it.
Thanks gujuDoc for the extra info!!!

garybuseyrulz

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2004
Status
Gonzo12164 said:
Thanks gujuDoc for the extra info!!!

Get the kaplan book from barnes and noble; there should also be a few practice tests in that book. basically start out with all of the kaplan and princeton review books you can buy. that should realistically run you close to 250-300 dollars. i also recommend exam crackers verbal review. all in all, you'll spend close to 350 dollars. of course, there's always ebay....

PHI ALPHA right back at you! it's always good to find another sig alph brother in these forums. any other questions just private message me.

OP
G

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
garybuseyrulz said:
Get the kaplan book from barnes and noble; there should also be a few practice tests in that book. basically start out with all of the kaplan and princeton review books you can buy. that should realistically run you close to 250-300 dollars. i also recommend exam crackers verbal review. all in all, you'll spend close to 350 dollars. of course, there's always ebay....

PHI ALPHA right back at you! it's always good to find another sig alph brother in these forums. any other questions just private message me.
Hey Gary,
What school do you go to? I'm from Cal Psi, UC Irvine. When you applying? I'm applying next year, just working on improving my application right now. Phi Alpha!

Rich.

OP
G

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
garybuseyrulz said:

Oh yea, forgot to mention, I was the past President too!

garybuseyrulz

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2004
Status
Gonzo12164 said:
Oh yea, forgot to mention, I was the past President too!

i was a brother at the university of pittsburgh chapter. i'm not applying this year...i only took it to get my parents off my back (i did score a 32...not great, but if i was applying i'd definitely take it again). i did a couple of practice tests and was scoring considerably higher...but i just didn't take things seriously enough and as a result my real score was lower than my practice tests. i did the practice tests from aamc (6,7, and 8). good luck with your application process.

p.s. being E.A. must have been rough...

PPatel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Status
Hey everyone,

don't over look the fact that Kaplan has a financial aid program. My friend filled out the application and it reduced the cost by 50%! You have to ask about it at a Center, however.

gemilli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2005
Status
hi, i'm selling my tpr prep course book set...if interested email me.

gemilli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2005
Status
$135 for tpr set and $20 shipping cost
just let me know if u r interested.

JohnUC33

A Stinkin Conservative
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2005
TN
Status
I want to sell all my Kaplan books, topical tests, and EK audio osmosis. PM if you are interested.

OP
G

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
I'd recommend everyone to just try and get the review books for FREE from friends who have already taken the exam. This is exactly what I did.

Caboose

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Free is an good idea, I suppose. I'm sure most people know about it, but I figured I'd post it again in case you missed it:

www.mcatpearls.com

Justin Case.

Caboose.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
South
Status
Medical Student
I've got books. I am planning on selling them but am willing to sell them for cheaper than anywhere else. But if you can get books from friends that works. PM me if interested. :luck: