The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I guess I have no choice but to be in this date since that is Japan's only test date!

Leggo- 3.5 months left, so I am starting to study intensely on Monday. Just finished an app for an opportunity next year.

From here on out I would like to do a test every week at 1pm :).

Members don't see this ad :)
After not taking it in August, the best decision of my life, I'm signing up the first day possible and getting to it. Believe it or not but a whole summer of studying even though I didn't take it was good for me. I gotta get a couple more books and figure out how I'm gonna study for my classes and this test at the same time...oh well...I'm pretty stoked :soexcited: Lets get it! :thumbup:

Leaning towards taking this one instead of the other Jan one because of the later 1 PM start. We'll see what happens though. I'm taking a full courseload this semester and I've been having issues allotting time in my schedule for MCAT prep- may need to push back til March...

Hey Guys!

I am too planning to take the MCAT on this date, I just could not turn down the 1PM time! Is anyone on here studying for the mcat working full time and taking classes? I am trying to figure out what is the best way to attack this. I have TBR and EK + EK 1001, so I plan on starting test prep today. Any suggestions?!

After crying over my MCAT score from 9/8, I'm now ready to join the 1/28 club! better luck this time. 9,6,11 M...yes the verbal ruined my hopes and dreams :mad: registration opens tomorrow, correct?

Hey Guys, I'm definitely going to try to register for this date as well. Let's do this!!

*It seems registration isn't open yet...

Who is excited to carry review material around during the holidays?? ME! Anybody interesting in doing weekly review sessions via skype or somethin?

lol. registered! yay... and hahahaha for the first time ever i might not be looking forward to christmas.

yeah, i'd be interested in Skype meetings, maybe even just to keep each other on schedule / review questions people might have.

Who is excited to carry review material around during the holidays?? ME! Anybody interesting in doing weekly review sessions via skype or somethin?

I am definitely interested in doing this! When would we start? I am still doing content review and will be for the next couple of weeks. What materials are you using?

And yes, I will be the only one not watching football or participate in other festivities because of the mcat:\ lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's do this!

Just registered for the 1:00pm, Jan. 28th administration.
Taking the exam for my second time in Fort Myers, Fl.

Good luck everyone!

Wassup! Just registered and somewhat excited =D Lets do this everyone!

FutureDoc2 - Im in the same boat as you. Im following SN2ed schedule, but with a few changes. Instead of studying material for 5 days and doing questions on day 6, im doing study material M-Th (physics, chem, bio, ochem), Friday do EK1001 for physics and chem, and then saturday do EK1001 for bio and ochem. Also on saturday will be the 2/3 for TBR, which leaves sunday to study for midterms for school o_0

Luckily im taking physics, biochem, and animal cell physiology, which are pretty relevant on the MCAT. I have a physics midterm next monday on Simple Harmonic Motion and Sound, haha, so i just studied those chapters from TBR also, two birds with one stone ~_^

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

I am too planning to take the MCAT on this date, I just could not turn down the 1PM time! Is anyone on here studying for the mcat working full time and taking classes? I am trying to figure out what is the best way to attack this. I have TBR and EK + EK 1001, so I plan on starting test prep today. Any suggestions?!

I am in the same predicament! How are you feeling so far? I'm going to PM you.

I'm doing the same thing as well, working 40 hours and taking some online classes. Should get a study circle to keep us on task.

After crying over my MCAT score from 9/8, I'm now ready to join the 1/28 club! better luck this time. 9,6,11 M...yes the verbal ruined my hopes and dreams :mad: registration opens tomorrow, correct?

Same break down, but 6 in bio :(

11, 9, 6.

Lets do this! =]

1PMer here, retaking from Sept 10. Got a 12/7/11 (Ouch, that verbal!)

I've already finished the EK 101 book, so I bought the TPRH workbook to get some more passages to practice with. Hopefully I won't be so spaced out that I almost fall asleep during the real thing! Good luck to everyone else here :)

I'm also taking classes and doing 15ish hours of research a week + my other ECs. Just gotta get that verbal up!

I’m officially registered to take this beast of an exam on this date. I feel anxious, excited and terrified all at the same time.... But let’s give it everything we got for the next 105 days! Is anyone studying in Tampa or Orlando that’s interested in meeting up to study a couple times a month?

1PMer here, retaking from Sept 10. Got a 12/7/11 (Ouch, that verbal!)

I've already finished the EK 101 book, so I bought the TPRH workbook to get some more passages to practice with. Hopefully I won't be so spaced out that I almost fall asleep during the real thing! Good luck to everyone else here :)

I'm also taking classes and doing 15ish hours of research a week + my other ECs. Just gotta get that verbal up!

Hey can I ask where you bought the TPRH verbal workbook from? I too have used up all EK and BR passages and not gona mess with kaplan and saving up my remaining AAMC's for the week before mcat...I'm kind of desperate for more decent passages!!
any other recommendations?

I’m officially registered to take this beast of an exam on this date. I feel anxious, excited and terrified all at the same time.... But let’s give it everything we got for the next 105 days! Is anyone studying in Tampa or Orlando that’s interested in meeting up to study a couple times a month?

I live in tampa and go to USF... what about you?

signed up in Miami, first timer

I'm strongly considering taking the Princeton Review hyperlearning course from the middle of december to Jan 10th, then its 18 days until the exam.

Hey, anyone taking TPR? I signed up for the class but is their material enough to prepare for this monster? ^_^

Hey, anyone taking TPR? I signed up for the class but is their material enough to prepare for this monster? ^_^

I took their prep course this past summer, and I would say it was pretty helpful besides the verbal. I thought the verbal was really pointless. You should really buy EK101 verbal and supplement that with TPRH verbal workbook. :thumbup:

I live in tampa and go to USF... what about you?

I just graduated from USF last May. Now I'm doing an internship at Celebration Hospital, working on the weekends and preparing for judgment day (1/28/2012) every minute in between. Which study schedule are you on?

Leaning towards taking this one instead of the other Jan one because of the later 1 PM start. We'll see what happens though. I'm taking a full courseload this semester and I've been having issues allotting time in my schedule for MCAT prep- may need to push back til March...
This is my issue as well.

hopefully, SECOND time's the charm. :p i'll be joining y'all on this date as well.

darned physics, that's all i gotta say... >_<;

I'm taking the EK classroom course/using the 1001 books as practice, class starts next week though studying has commenced!

And I agree, hopefully second time is the charm...

is anyone usually the old mcat practice test? I bought one to practice with and lost the email now Im unsure how to get to it again??

Just took the Princeton Review MCAT diagnostic, and tomorrow I'm taking Kaplan's. Don't know how much help they will be, but I'm already registered.

A tip for those who are trying to improve VR: do at least a couple of practice passages EVERYDAY and use LSAT practice materials if you're running short on MCAT material.

I brought my VR up to a 13 from an 8 by consistently practicing passages and reviewing/analyzing them very thoroughly to try and understand the test maker perspective.

A tip for those who are trying to improve VR: do at least a couple of practice passages EVERYDAY and use LSAT practice materials if you're running short on MCAT material.

I brought my VR up to a 13 from an 8 by consistently practicing passages and reviewing/analyzing them very thoroughly to try and understand the test maker perspective.

Hey, what VR practice material did you use?

I took their prep course this past summer, and I would say it was pretty helpful besides the verbal. I thought the verbal was really pointless. You should really buy EK101 verbal and supplement that with TPRH verbal workbook. :thumbup:

Hey! thanks for the response.

In regards to EK101 for VR, is the old book just as good as the new ones? cuz I was going the first couple passage and it all looked the same except the question is in a different order.

Did you use any other supplements for the physical & biological sciences while ur taking the class?

Wow its been a while since I browsed the MCAT section of SDN. I remember being in the same position as you guys about a year ago: Setting up my study schedule, getting the books, registering for the Jan. MCAT, etc.

Good luck to all of you!!! Use your winter break wisely!

I'm registered for this day. I'm retaking and probably won't start studying until winter break. So I'll have like 3 weeks to review. Good luck everyone!

I registered, as well! Did an EK practice test this weekend and started to review some physics.

Good luck, everyone!

Hello guys! I am taking this beast on the same date as everyone here. Lets start an online study group and work together on different topics!!!