The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Go to a local church and dig into the things you've said/ your beliefs.

I'm serious here. You are absolutely misguided but I hope the best for you.
You may have done well in school however, your views on religion are skewed. (It's like me sitting here and making jokes about child abuse)

I have always wondered why it takes a month for the AAMC to score an MCAT. Are they waiting for other scores to determine the normal distribution or something? I mean couldn't they give us an approximate or something when we finish the test and a final score a month or so later.

Oh well... Does anybody know the inside deal?

I have always wondered why it takes a month for the AAMC to score an MCAT. Are they waiting for other scores to determine the normal distribution or something? I mean couldn't they give us an approximate or something when we finish the test and a final score a month or so later.

I think it has something to do with the worthless writing score (You need a computer and a person to grade it)

Members don't see this ad :)

The AAMC wants you to have a lot of time to second guess yourself and pay for a new registration :laugh:

The AAMC wants you to have a lot of time to second guess yourself and pay for a new registration :laugh:

That would make sense because once they have your money you are never going to get it back.

I get the whole writing score thing but honestly they could release the score once grading is complete based on order of submission and send you an email letting you know your score is up. I mean I get this is how they do it so deal with it thing, I am just honestly wanting to know why it works the way it does when so many other test don't have such a long wait.

It'll be more interesting to see if next jan when they scrub the writing if they decide to release a tentative score right after like the GRE does

That would make sense because once they have your money you are never going to get it back.

I get the whole writing score thing but honestly they could release the score once grading is complete based on order of submission and send you an email letting you know your score is up. I mean I get this is how they do it so deal with it thing, I am just honestly wanting to know why it works the way it does when so many other test don't have such a long wait.

AAMC is a pretty ruthless organization.

They know the stress that most people feel on test day, but they have that airport security at Prometric. They know how much people stress out over waiting for their score reports, but they don't make an effort to hurry it up. They could release a numerical score of the three sections that actually matter within 24 hours if they really put in the effort, but they make you wait on it.

Plus as another user pointed out AAMC loves making money. They tend to be really big scammers. They like to squeeze every dime they can out of you. $35 for practice exams (which should be free if you ask me, charging deliberately disadvantages low-income people), $70 to change your time, date, or center online which is a purely electronic change and in no way incurs a fee anywhere close to $70 on the AAMC, especially when it's done months before the test day, a late change fee, I can understand that.

I take religion very VERY seriously. The fact that you feel like you can make light of it shows how misguided you are.

If you respect religious people then the LAST THING you should do is make light of their beliefs. (Saying things like you can blame God for your MCAT score is just ignorant and NOT FUNNY to someone who believes in God)

Out of one side of your mouth you say you respect religion. Out of the other you are saying you can make a lighthearted joke out of it. You don't get the SEVERITY of what you're saying.

How about this for a thought - I'm not religious, or at least not institutionally religious, and your comments have crossed a huge line and offended me. I find the fact that you think you can preach on this forum as if you're in a church or you're a missionary irreconcilably repulsive. Again, please stop this complete hypocrisy before you go even farther than you have.

How about this for a thought - I'm not religious, or at least not institutionally religious, and your comments have crossed a huge line and offended me. I find the fact that you think you can preach on this forum as if you're in a church or you're a missionary irreconcilably repulsive. Again, please stop this complete hypocrisy before you go even farther than you have.

Nice straw man argument. You're not giving me anything to argue against but alright.

Go to a church (Catholic/ Methodist/ Baptist). You are unbelievably misguided by this society that thinks defending religion is repulsive. I'm serious here. You have no IDEA what you're talking about.

Edit: Also calling yourself religious with no institution is laughable. You know what your church is? The church of YOU. You think you know better then allllll the major (and minor) religions of the world.

Last edited:
Nice straw man argument. You're not giving me anything to argue against but alright.

Go to a church (Catholic/ Methodist/ Baptist). You are unbelievably misguided by this society that thinks defending religion is repulsive. I'm serious here. You have no IDEA what you're talking about.

Edit: Also calling yourself religious with no institution is laughable. You know what your church is? The church of YOU.

Talking about religion at all whether defending it or bashing it is repulsive IN THE MCAT DISCUSSION FORUM OF STUDENTDOCTOR.NET. Take your crazed zealotry elsewhere.

Talking about religion at all whether defending it or bashing it is repulsive IN THE MCAT DISCUSSION FORUM OF STUDENTDOCTOR.NET. Take your crazed zealotry elsewhere.

I am not the one who took their time to make light of religion. Are you not getting it?
If someone sits here and says something racist (Lightly) should we sit here and allow it?

I could just as easily say

Talking about racism at all whether defending it or bashing it is repulsive IN THE MCAT DISCUSSION FORUM OF STUDENTDOCTOR.NET. Take your crazed anti-racism elsewhere.

Guy, please take this to PM before this thread gets shut down. If nothing else, I think the 1/27 people (who have been mad jealous of our long and excellent thread) would get a kick out of it and we can't have that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guy, please take this to PM before this thread gets shut down. If nothing else, I think the 1/27 people (who have been mad jealous of our long and excellent thread) would get a kick out of it and we can't have that.

I agree, all I ask is we don't make light of religion in these threads. (Just as you wouldn't want someone to make light of child abuse/ rape/ murder/ etc.)

You guys do realize that AAMC is a non-profit organization right?

I didn't know that.

The whole "non-profit" thing is a sham anyway. They're all allowed budgets to pay "advisers" and "consultants" aka their cronies. But that's a political rant, not for SDN :D

If they're non-profit why do they charge people so much money for basic services? Where is that money going?

I'm in bargaining mode. Please (insert diety) If I get a 35+ I will: (ridiculous false promises)

Yeah, not cool.

This waiting sucks. Luckily I have three upper level science tests this week to distract me :rolleyes:

I'm in bargaining mode. Please (insert diety) If I get a 35+ I will: (ridiculous false promises)

Please quit poking. Nobody provoked you.

Yeah, not cool.

lolwut?

If they're non-profit why do they charge people so much money for basic services? Where is that money going?

The money probably goes towards administering the test and R&D for creating new test material (and the new 2015 MCAT). I wouldn't consider creation and administration of a test like the MCAT a particularly "basic service".

I guess I was provoked by that idiot comparing making a harmless comment to rape and child molestation. Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

I agree, all I ask is we don't make light of religion in these threads. (Just as you wouldn't want someone to make light of child abuse/ rape/ murder/ etc.)

Rape/murder/abuse are crimes. Not being religious and making jokes about god's incompetence is not and is perfectly acceptable. Get over yourself and stop pushing your taste for mystics to everyone. :rolleyes:

I can't believe we only have a week. Thank goodness though, what a painful month this has been. Can't wait to go through this all again when I have to retake the MCAT in April, wooohoooo. Lol. I hate the AAMC.

The wait has been worse than the test!

I know, seriously. I just have this image of the AAMC board of directors sitting there with red eyes being like "MUAHAHAHHA." Just when you'd think the MCAT couldn't get any worse... Although, if I'm ever apart of the AAMC - I think I would enjoy making thousands suffer like I once did =P Disclaimer - that's just a joke, I hope no one takes my comment too seriously. I guess I'm an awful awful person for making such a comment, lol.

My friends taking the GRE are getting their scores back instantly... I mean there IS the essay section, but one month guys? Comon'!

I know, seriously. I just have this image of the AAMC board of directors sitting there with red eyes being like "MUAHAHAHHA." Just when you'd think the MCAT couldn't get any worse... Although, if I'm ever apart of the AAMC - I think I would enjoy making thousands suffer like I once did =P Disclaimer - that's just a joke, I hope no one takes my comment too seriously. I guess I'm an awful awful person for making such a comment, lol.

Boy! I can feel the tension in the air coming toward my keyboard when I type.:p.

Well, it will be my turn, :confused:, after 3/24 when my son takes his.:eek:

2/28 5pm? Relax, folks, JUST ANOTHER Tuesday.:sleep:. Sorry, I am rubbing on the wound, my bad :cool:.

The wait has been worse than the test!

Absolutely. I knew it would be like that, everyone kept saying they were sending me good wishes the day of the test, but I think I will need them much more next Tuesday. I don't how I'm going to take my anatomy test on the hip that day!

Absolutely. I knew it would be like that, everyone kept saying they were sending me good wishes the day of the test, but I think I will need them much more next Tuesday. I don't how I'm going to take my anatomy test on the hip that day!

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I have 5 test next week and I hope my MCAT score will be good so that I'll have a clear mind when I take them. :p

the website for checkin the scores is "not available" mmmmm... wonder why this is makin me nervous!!! :scared:

i doubt it... 30 just sounds like a round number rather than 20 days! unless they wanna push to give you the score right after (unllikely I think)

Saw that too, early scores???

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using SDN Mobile

Do your math, folks. When you factor in personnel lunch time, copying, filing by secretary, double checking, group meeting before approval, save the final version on the primary server, save it again on the off site server for security etc. IT will be 2/28 :D:p:mad::rolleyes::(:):smuggrin::thumbdown:thumbup:.:cool:

Do your math, folks. When you factor in personnel lunch time, copying, filing by secretary, double checking, group meeting before approval, save the final version on the primary server, save it again on the off site server for security etc. IT will be 2/28 :D:p:mad::rolleyes::(:):smuggrin::thumbdown:

Haha for sure. I kind of said my comment tongue in cheek (I mean c'mon, AAMC early??). That still won't stop me from checking the site every 20 minutes tonight, though :p

I'm starting to have MCAT dreams again...

Also, I have had nooo motivation to do work since the test.

Haha for sure. I kind of said my comment tongue in cheek (I mean c'mon, AAMC early??). That still won't stop me from checking the site every 20 minutes tonight, though :p

lol no need... it's back up and well no scores!

Just a note for everyone..you will NOT have a chance to decide if you want to see your scores when you log in.

They will just show up on the page RIGHT AFTER you log-in.

A warning for those who are super-nervous come 5PM next week and may not want a surprise ;)

Just a note for everyone..you will NOT have a chance to decide if you want to see your scores when you log in.

They will just show up on the page RIGHT AFTER you log-in.

A warning for those who are super-nervous come 5PM next week and may not want a surprise ;)

I am super worried about verbal since it wasn't my best section. And I heard verbal is the first score you see lol